Luminae non-Chic Night dress...

jules815

Sailing for the first time with X on Monday, and we'll be dining in Luminae.

I'm sure I'll be fine, but doing some packing today and just want to be sure. If I dress the way I did on Royal Caribbean in the MDR on a non-formal night, will I be fine in Luminae? I was always more than fine on RC. Lots of people dressed more casual. Are capris and sandals, not flip flops, acceptable? Concerned Luminae might be a bit more dressy than the MDR?

Edited by jules815

You will be just fine wearing what you like. Caribbean cruises always much more casual. DW wears a dressy top, dressy sandals and billowy black pants. I will still wear my sports coat and tie.

I think shorts, muscle shirts, swimsuits and shirts with profane comments on them are about all that they ban.

You will be just fine wearing what you like. Caribbean cruises always much more casual. DW wears a dressy top, dressy sandals and billowy black pants. I will still wear my sports coat and tie.

I think shorts, muscle shirts, swimsuits and shirts with profane comments on them are about all that they ban.

Great thanks...

You're going to see a lot of women wearing things that would be typical of Chico's. The Traveler's clothes pack well and drape well and can mix match easily.

I typically don't wear capris to dinner but I've seen them. I do wear lots of sandals/sparkly "dressy" flip flop style in the evenings.

You're going to see a lot of women wearing things that would be typical of Chico's. The Traveler's clothes pack well and drape well and can mix match easily.

I typically don't wear capris to dinner but I've seen them. I do wear lots of sandals/sparkly "dressy" flip flop style in the evenings.

Perfect! Thank you!

We almost always do B2B or B2B2B cruises and it is interesting to compare the passengers on each leg. We were in Luminae in October on the Equinox and while there were women dressed in capris for breakfast and lunch, on that particular cruise not only do I not remember seeing capris at dinner someone wearing them might have felt rather under-dressed.

We almost always do B2B or B2B2B cruises and it is interesting to compare the passengers on each leg. We were in Luminae in October on the Equinox and while there were women dressed in capris for breakfast and lunch, on that particular cruise not only do I not remember seeing capris at dinner someone wearing them might have felt rather under-dressed.

This is a 5-day Caribbean during one of the peak college spring break weeks. I have a feeling that a lot of people, particularly those who do longer cruisers, will be avoiding the next couple of weeks.

Comparing passengers? I'm on vacation, I could care less what people are wearing.

I have worn capris in the evening on every cruise I've ever been on and plan to do so again this Aug on the Summit, even while dining in Luminae and I won't feel under-dressed at all.

When paired with a lovely top and pretty sandals I find they are no different then wearing a casual dress.

I have always felt that "dress" varies according to itinerary. European cruises tend to be dressier. The argument here is that most non-European passengers do not want to bring additional clothing, due to luggage fees. I don't buy that. We feel if you can afford to cruise in Europe, you can afford some additional travel fees. Flame away!

I have always felt that "dress" varies according to itinerary. European cruises tend to be dressier. The argument here is that most non-European passengers do not want to bring additional clothing, due to luggage fees. I don't buy that. We feel if you can afford to cruise in Europe, you can afford some additional travel fees. Flame away!

I couldn't agree with you more. Even in Alaska they dress up for dinner on formal (chic) nights. I do and so does my wife. In fact, sometimes I dress up on non chic nights just for the fun of it. Where in your "normal" life can you do that, except maybe on holidays and special events?

I'll stand with you in the flames!!

Bob

Edited by kennelgang

Capris are fine on X anytime - chic or casual nights.

I couldn't agree with you more. Even in Alaska they dress up for dinner on formal (chic) nights. I do and so does my wife. In fact, sometimes I dress up on non chic nights just for the fun of it. Where in your "normal" life can you do that, except maybe on holidays and special events?

I'll stand with you in the flames!!

Bob

As I have only been on Caribbean or Bermuda cruises, capris have always been fine in the dining room on casual nights and I have never felt out of place there.

I would agree that a cruise in Europe may be a bit more formal (ish) and I would lean more towards longer pants/dressy top and casual dresses.

On formal evenings my family and I have always dressed in the appropriate attire. My DH and DS in suits and ties, myself in a dress I would wear to a NY evening wedding.

I plan on capris for my August Bermuda cruise and even though we have the option to be a little less formal on evening chic, we still plan on suits and dresses for at least one of the evenings.

Sailing for the first time with X on Monday, and we'll be dining in Luminae.

I'm sure I'll be fine, but doing some packing today and just want to be sure. Concerned Luminae might be a bit more dressy than the MDR?

On my two cruises using Luminae I would say you have no reason to be concerned about the Luminae being more dressy than the MDR.

On my two cruises using Luminae I would say you have no reason to be concerned about the Luminae being more dressy than the MDR.

Thank you. This was really my concern.

I'd say I fall into the category of I really don't care what other people wear, but then if I walked into Luminae on a casual night, and it was dressier, I might feel a little uncomfortable and would probably opt for the buffet. I know we'll be fine though. Thanks for all the replies. Can't believe we sail on Monday. :)

On formal evenings my family and I have always dressed in the appropriate attire. My DH and DS in suits and ties, myself in a dress I would wear to a NY evening wedding.

We do too. I'm really trying to persuade my daughter to skip elegant chic night on this cruise, but she really enjoys dressing up. I was diagnosed about a month ago with "frozen shoulder," so for me right now, comfort is key.

We do too. I'm really trying to persuade my daughter to skip elegant chic night on this cruise, but she really enjoys dressing up. I was diagnosed about a month ago with "frozen shoulder," so for me right now, comfort is key.

Elegant chic does not apply to Luminae, only the Main Dining Room

Elegant chic does not apply to Luminae, only the Main Dining Room

Of course it does!!!

According to the Celebrity website, the dress code for Luminae is Smart Casual.

Has there been a recent change, not yet reflected in the website?

According to the Celebrity website, the dress code for Luminae is Smart Casual.

Has there been a recent change, not yet reflected in the website?

I really don't care what the policy states. When we were in Luminae last time nearly everyone dressed up and some to the "nines". Of course, this was in Alaska, not the Caribbean, Mexico or Bermuda where casual is more the norm.

Edited by kennelgang

This is a 5-day Caribbean during one of the peak college spring break weeks. I have a feeling that a lot of people, particularly those who do longer cruisers, will be avoiding the next couple of weeks.

We are on Silhouette just now and we're in same port as independence of the seas. I am glad we were not on there with the number that were so obviously spring breakers. Nothing apparent on the Silhouette.

As for clothes in Luminae, it is the same smart casual as has been around for years. Some will be in dresses, some not. I brought several jackets but have only used one this cruise - 7 night cruise ex FL - but will have one on tonight.

This is our first time with a suite on Celebrity and I am wondering if you make dinner reservations at Luminae? We like to have a table for two, but not if it is "banquet style" where you are sitting so close. We usually dine about 6:00 so we can see the early show.

Trish

I really don't care what the policy states. When we were in Luminae last time nearly everyone dressed up and some to the "nines". Of course, this was in Alaska, not the Caribbean, Mexico or Bermuda where casual is more the norm.

I agree with you! We have always dressed up for dinner. I feel the lovely atmosphere and wonderful meals in Luminae calls for dressier clothing.

Dress code for Luminae is Smart Casual every evening. Of course, anyone can opt to dress up if they feel like it.

Exactly. Smart casual is the minimum standard, not a ceiling. Everyone is free to dress above the minimum.