Just Off Journey--quick thoughts Cont Suite 8057-8063 and more

fb0075

overall GREAT trip but FWIW these cabins are under my NEW FAVORITE place "THE PATIO" but there is cosiderable noise --noramaly 6am and 10 pm when they open and close but also in the hall?? also--not a deal breaker but just so you know!

Staff was great --had dinner with Staff Captain and meeting with HD and both super folks!

Food in MDR is what you expect and Prime C also--we thought AQUALINA was very weak--JOHO--

Buffett both lunch and dinner was well below most other ships--same fish chicken and rice every day with different names-

Entertainment was good to very good---

again as this was our first time--we will go back! :D

FRANK

overall GREAT trip but FWIW these cabins are under my NEW FAVORITE place "THE PATIO" but there is cosiderable noise --noramaly 6am and 10 pm when they open and close but also in the hall?? also--not a deal breaker but just so you know!

Staff was great --had dinner with Staff Captain and meeting with HD and both super folks!

Food in MDR is what you expect and Prime C also--we thought AQUALINA was very weak--JOHO--

Buffett both lunch and dinner was well below most other ships--same fish chicken and rice every day with different names-

Entertainment was good to very good---

again as this was our first time--we will go back! :D

FRANK

I'm glad you'll come back Frank. I enjoy your posts on CC as well.

I was in 8059 abd the noise was very bad the last two nights from midnight on.. When I got n. Patio ..fish was boring and needed seasoning. Was with crew one night and we were serve raw and cold potatoes.

Found some waiters need more training and others were great.

Interesting that I also agree that on my last Azamara cruise the evening buffet was "meh" at best. I like the casual dining, but the selection was just not there. The quality of the dishes served was fine, just nothing special and waaaaay to many pasta dishes.

I cruised on Oceania in December of last year and oddly the evening buffet was one of the highlights of the cruise with the grilled lobster, shrimp and lamb chops as well as excellent sushi and cheese options. It would be nice if Azamara kicked up the evening buffet a notch or three.

John

FB: Can you clarify: Was there a lot of noise in your suite at 6:00 AM?

We were in 8061 on the first cruise post refit, there was noise from the trolley for the smoking area on Deck 9 being wheeled out at about 6 am every morning.

Just off the Journey as well. We were in 8046 and heard more noise than we did on our first two cruises but nothing that interrupted our sleeping. We booked the same room again.

The joggers. Drive me nuts there. I am 8940 person who going for the spa suite

We were in a port side N2 CC suite on Journey in February, under Windows. Soft, low, rumbling sound of a cart rolling as they were setting up Windows for dinner and again after shutting down. Not an issue at all. It's a ship, and things move around to get the ship's work done.

Large green chair was very comfortable. Second armchair (with metal arms and base) was also comfortable, and much larger than the one in the renderings and model CC suite on Quest last July. Desk chair also quite comfortable.

Walk-in shower was fantastic, as is the entire new bathroom. Three lighted 10 by 33 shelves (with lip at the edge) provide plenty of storage, along with shelf under sink. Shaver outlet DOES remain on when bathroom light is off (Else how would a shaver ever charge?). Handy towel rack next to sink. Magnifying mirror with folding arms is handy for hanging things, as is the double hook, and both are right over the floor drain.

Decor is muted. Want bright colors? Try NCL. Come on, folks. For years we complained about staterooms needing a freshening and we are being given a complete top-to-bottom, wall-to-wall redo. So we complain the colors are not exactly what we'd like. Can we please give Azamara a break on this and just enjoy the reimagined ships?

Just off the Journey as well. We were in 8046 and heard more noise than we did on our first two cruises but nothing that interrupted our sleeping. We booked the same room again.

We were in cabin 8044 in Feb, 2016, near a service hallway, but no noise issue. Maybe after so many cruises, I've learned how to be oblivious to extraneous noises, but we heard nothing during sleep that awakened us or kept us from sleeping! It was truly a relaxing and enjoyable trip! We loved the new changes, and have booked another cruise this Fall.:)

We were in a port side N2 CC suite on Journey in February, under Windows. Soft, low, rumbling sound of a cart rolling as they were setting up Windows for dinner and again after shutting down. Not an issue at all. It's a ship, and things move around to get the ship's work done.

Large green chair was very comfortable. Second armchair (with metal arms and base) was also comfortable, and much larger than the one in the renderings and model CC suite on Quest last July. Desk chair also quite comfortable.

Walk-in shower was fantastic, as is the entire new bathroom. Three lighted 10 by 33 shelves (with lip at the edge) provide plenty of storage, along with shelf under sink. Shaver outlet DOES remain on when bathroom light is off (Else how would a shaver ever charge?). Handy towel rack next to sink. Magnifying mirror with folding arms is handy for hanging things, as is the double hook, and both are right over the floor drain.

Decor is muted. Want bright colors? Try NCL. Come on, folks. For years we complained about staterooms needing a freshening and we are being given a complete top-to-bottom, wall-to-wall redo. So we complain the colors are not exactly what we'd like. Can we please give Azamara a break on this and just enjoy the reimagined ships?

Well said

Sounds really good.

Some people are only going to be happy if Azamara redesigns things to their personal specification.

I can't wait for April 5th to see it for real

The joggers. Drive me nuts there. I am 8940 person who going for the spa suite

Isn't the jogging track on deck 10? Not sure I understand how that can be a problem on deck 8 unless there is a 400 pound gorilla running around? :)

Isn't the jogging track on deck 10? Not sure I understand how that can be a problem on deck 8 unless there is a 400 pound gorilla running around? :)

I've heard joggers on deck 10 from cabin 8035. I didn't find it very noticeable, but could hear it for sure. Not sure of their size!

Phil

Problem is the metal posts supporting deck 10 can transmit the vibration down to deck 9 and this can be heard in the deck 8 midship cabins. We have been in 8042 and can vouch for that.

There is a new suspended ceiling all around the pool area and The Patio on deck 9. That might help to deaden the sound from 10.

Agree! It's not my house! I mentioned that the carpets were pale and prone to getting dirty, but I don't care, cause I'm not the one paying to clean them!

There is a new suspended ceiling all around the pool area and The Patio on deck 9. That might help to deaden the sound from 10.

I didn't realize this was new! Because on both sides of the pool there is usually at least partial shade under that for many many pool chairs, and the shady chairs were far more popular than the sunny ones on our Central America cruise! That's a huge improvement - had they all been out in the sun, I wouldn't have been able to be out there.

I didn't realize this was new! Because on both sides of the pool there is usually at least partial shade under that for many many pool chairs, and the shady chairs were far more popular than the sunny ones on our Central America cruise! That's a huge improvement - had they all been out in the sun, I wouldn't have been able to be out there.

The track on deck 10 has always been there, so those chairs were always shaded. What's new are the suspended brown ceiling panels under the track, the recessed lights in the ceiling, and the ceiling fans.

The track on deck 10 has always been there, so those chairs were always shaded. What's new are the suspended brown ceiling panels under the track, the recessed lights in the ceiling, and the ceiling fans.

The fans were nice! I can't take too much straight sun, so I always appreciate the shade! I rarely noticed the runners when on the pool deck, so maybe they have added some noise deadening materials!

FB: Can you clarify: Was there a lot of noise in your suite at 6:00 AM?

Yes

It was them moving tables and chairs and washing the area but also when they were stocking up they would drop the boxes---you get use to it and as I said NOT a deal breaker BUT I wouid try and swap cabins if possible!

FRANK