Change rooms on Alaska B2B or not?

kingsgirl

We are planning on doing the northern cruise and the returning southern cruise to and from Alaska next year.

Should we book the same room for both legs or switch rooms to keep the view both ways (starboard north and port side south) ?

Would it be worth the hassle of changing rooms?

We are planning on doing the northern cruise and the returning southern cruise to and from Alaska next year.

Should we book the same room for both legs or switch rooms to keep the view both ways (starboard north and port side south) ?

Would it be worth the hassle of changing rooms?

What views are you speaking about? If it is the ones while sailing then if you change cabins to the opposite side then you will have the same views northbound and southbound. The best views of glacier bay and other glacier sites is from the upper open decks and not from your cabin. Keep the same cabin would be my advice.

Keep the same room. We spent a lot of our time out on the open decks.

If you get a Caribe balcony, and the weather is good, you will have wonderful views both North and South.:)

If you do decide to change, there is no real hassle.;)

I guess I'm just worried because on the sea days last time, we enjoyed just watching the mountain views in the distance travelling back on a round trip. I worry I'll be disappointed with just the ocean view, but not sure I really want to pack up and move. Unpacking for two weeks seems like fun.

Ugh. I don't know. [emoji20]

Keep the same room. We spent a lot of our time out on the open decks.

If you get a Caribe balcony, and the weather is good, you will have wonderful views both North and South.:)

If you do decide to change, there is no real hassle.;)

Caribe balconies aren't fully covered though, right?

Cruising north out of Vancouver we had spectacular views on the first full sea day on the inside passage (we were starboard, booked late with a great deal and took the guarantee...we weren't disappointed). There is land on both sides as opposed to sailing out of Seattle as you have sea views on both sides the first sea day.

Caribe balconies aren't fully covered though, right?

Half of the balcony is covered directly from the deck above. The other half is sort of covered from an overhand several decks above.

Since these balconies are the deepest ones on the sides of the ship, the covered portion is essentially the same size of fully covered balconies on the sides of other decks.

Of course sun coming in at a angle or a driving rain do not care that part of the balcony is covered.

I guess I'm just worried because on the sea days last time, we enjoyed just watching the mountain views in the distance travelling back on a round trip. I worry I'll be disappointed with just the ocean view, but not sure I really want to pack up and move. Unpacking for two weeks seems like fun.

Ugh. I don't know. [emoji20]

There are lots of decks on the ship that you can see the scenery on both sides of the ship. You do not and should not spend all your time in your room looking at only 189 degrees of the world.

DON

Half of the balcony is covered directly from the deck above. The other half is sort of covered from an overhan[g] several decks above.
On the Grand-class ships and the ones based on the Grand's design, the Caribe Deck balconies are half covered and half uncovered. The upper decks do not provide any overhang to the uncovered half.