Bringing decorations for parents bday

Laurba99

I believe most people use magnets, Wallsaver removable mounting tape (from 3M - you can get this easily on Amazon) or Command hooks that remove without leaving marks to decorate their doors. I have really not seen anyone use regular tape on cruise ship doors and don't even know if it is allowed (probably not). Just choose something that you can remove without messing up the cabin door with sticky residue.

They let you tape whatever you want to someone's cabin door right? We want to surprise my parents when they get back to their room

After dinners

Magnets are the way to go.

Keep in mind there are many other cabins on the floor where your parent's cabin is located. Be sure what you put there is 'okay' for all who will be passing by and living on either side of them. :)

Be careful what you use for tape so you don't leave marks on the door

I'm curious and this is an Info Only Question but if you were in a hotel, would you put things all over a hotel room door?

Edited by sail7seas

They let you tape whatever you want to someone's cabin door right? We want to surprise my parents when they get back to their room

After dinners

As others say magnets win hand down. Some lines will bill you if your tape damages paint or leaves residue.

Keep in mind there are many other cabins on the floor where your parent's cabin is located. Be sure what you put there is 'okay' for all who will be passing by and living on either side of them. :)

Be careful what you use for tape so you don't leave marks on the door

I'm curious and this is an Info Only Question but if you were in a hotel, would you put things all over a hotel room door?

Do you mean if it's inappropriate? It's just happy birthday signs [emoji847]

Yes! I have a cake coming to our table the first night and will bring some cute birthday things to the table like a pink birthday sash for my mom

And a crown for my Dad- so my plan was to quick decorate after they left their room to head to the dining room as a surprise for when they get back later

After dinners

Depends on your cruise line. I know Disney does not allow any adhesives to be used. Only magnets.

The OP is already traveling, but adding this for others who may be curious. The removable putty stuff works great and i think you can get it at the dollar store.

Door decorating seemed to be very popular on Carnival. We always take some little decoration to help make it easier to spot our cabin.

• 1 year later...

I know this post is kind of old, but here's my question:My husbandand I are taking his parents on a Carnival cruise for his dad's 81st birthday. Iwanted to get a magnet from etsy - one of those sheet magnets that can bepersonalized - to put on their door, both to celebrate his birthday, but alsoto help them identify their room. The one I want is not fire retardant - I'mnot sure any sheet magnets ARE fire retardant - ?? Does anyone know if I'll beallowed to put one on their cabin door?

Thanks!

If you let the cruise ship itself know you want to celebrate this they will decorate the inside of the cabin and have a simple gift or two for them. However there is a cost for you to do this but it is worth it!

I know this post is kind of old, but here's my question:My husbandand I are taking his parents on a Carnival cruise for his dad's 81st birthday. Iwanted to get a magnet from etsy - one of those sheet magnets that can bepersonalized - to put on their door, both to celebrate his birthday, but alsoto help them identify their room. The one I want is not fire retardant - I'mnot sure any sheet magnets ARE fire retardant - ?? Does anyone know if I'll beallowed to put one on their cabin door?

Thanks!

We've used a sheet magnet decoration on our cabin door on several cruises. No problem.