New to Azamara: questions about included drinks.

Priya2

Are you saying that you can't even buy a glass of champagne? (In their defense, perhaps it's the issue of keeping an open bottle of bubbly from going flat?)

I know someone on here will correct me if I am wrong but I do not believe it is possible to purchase a glass of champagne although you can bring unlimited quantities on board yourself to drink in your stateroom if you wish.

In the past the reasoning was that sparkling products were served at parties and they wanted to differentiate them against products that could be consumed/purchased all the time.

However,on our last cruise, we attended parties where no sparkiers were offered, so I'm not sure what the strategy is now.

Edited by Spursgirl

Are you saying that you can't even buy a glass of champagne? (In their defense, perhaps it's the issue of keeping an open bottle of bubbly from going flat?)

Yes, champagne is available by the glass, for a price. It is available for purchase by the bottle, glass or in our wine packages.

Wines by the Glass

Champagne & Sparkling

Taittinger, Brut La Française, Reims, France 15

Domaine Chandon, Brut Classic, California 12

Martini & Rossi, Asti, Piedmont, Italy 8

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/discoveries_wine_list_june_2014.pdf

I know someone on here will correct me if I am wrong but I do not believe it is possible to purchase a glass of champagne although you can bring unlimited quantities on board yourself to drink in your stateroom if you wish.

In the past the reasoning was that sparkling products were served at parties and they wanted to differentiate them against products that could be consumed/purchased all the time.

However,on our last cruise, we attended parties where no sparkiers were offered, so I'm not sure what the strategy is now.

So if I bring a case of Prosecco, no one will mind? We're travelling to the port by car, so I think I'll do just that!

It is permissible to order my spouse a cocktail / wine (from the all-inclusive list) if not present? i.e., if either of us stop at a bar can we order for the other if only 1 is there ordering? Celebrity was a little controlling in that regard -but that was with the beverage package.

Thanks in advance!

If you are ordering drinks from the included list there is no problem ordering for your other half if he/she is not present at any of the bars on AZ.

Thanks so much for your answer!

If I remember correctly, once a favoured wine had been introduced, it can be requested on subsequent days, if one doesn't like the daily choice.

I only had luck once requesting a wine from a different day. It depends which bar and how popular that particular wine was and how much is left. If you appreciate good wine, you may not be happy with the "wine of the day." If you like sauvignon blancs, the Wine by the Glass, is not very good, plus all the bottle packages for sauvignon blancs are all from California.

I remember when the wine offerings on Azamara were were amazing. I hate having to "settle" for a cocktail or the white wine of the day. There are so many liquor choices, why not better wines?

I only had luck once requesting a wine from a different day. It depends which bar and how popular that particular wine was and how much is left. If you appreciate good wine, you may not be happy with the "wine of the day." If you like sauvignon blancs, the Wine by the Glass, is not very good, plus all the bottle packages for sauvignon blancs are all from California.

I remember when the wine offerings on Azamara were were amazing. I hate having to "settle" for a cocktail or the white wine of the day. There are so many liquor choices, why not better wines?

That's sad. Looks like the included wines will be a bust for us. Hate to pay for something we're not getting so this break from Oceania may be a short one for us.

That's sad. Looks like the included wines will be a bust for us. Hate to pay for something we're not getting so this break from Oceania may be a short one for us.

Why not try them before you pass judgement? Some (though I agree not all) are very nice. We have never had an issue when requesting our favourites once they have been served on subsequent days

I have always enjoyed the wines and have never had any problem getting a wine from a previous day, except for the Rose. They have the same Rose every day. On our last cruise it was lovely, but when it ran out the substitute was a sweet frizzante Rose - not to my taste at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You come to this conclusion based on one person's opinion?

We've done 50 days on Azamara since the refits and the daily wines are just fine. Suggest you try the wines before using words like "sad" or "bust."

By the way, how are the included wines on Oceania? Oh, wait...

You come to this conclusion based on one person's opinion?

We've done 50 days on Azamara since the refits and the daily wines are just fine. Suggest you try the wines before using words like "sad" or "bust."

By the way, how are the included wines on Oceania? Oh, wait...

I am so happy you are happy with the daily wine choices. My "one opinion" has been confirmed by others who are choosy about their wines. There is a HUGE difference between a reisling and a chardonnay, or pinot grigio, or prosecco, or sauvignon blanc. Then there are WHERE the wines are from. If you don't care, then that's fine for you. Azamara is FABULOUS, I love that they have superior crew, food, and more. All I'm saying is that the wine choices should be better.

I am so happy you are happy with the daily wine choices. My "one opinion" has been confirmed by others who are choosy about their wines. There is a HUGE difference between a reisling and a chardonnay, or pinot grigio, or prosecco, or sauvignon blanc. Then there are WHERE the wines are from. If you don't care, then that's fine for you. Azamara is FABULOUS, I love that they have superior crew, food, and more. All I'm saying is that the wine choices should be better.

And I'm saying they're just fine and you're expecting too much from "included" wines. If you want fine Chardonnays then open up your wallet.

Edited by marinaro44

Am I to understand that you would not be able to get a cosmopolitan at any of the bars? But could order vodka, cranberry juice and cointreau separately?

Yes, if you replace the Cointreau with Orange Curacao, and you can even ask the barman to mix it for you. We successfully had a Lemon Drop made from included spirits on our last AZ cruise in the Discoveries bar.

Edited by Azamarajunkie

Yes, if you replace the Cointreau with Orange Curacao, and you can even ask the barman to mix it for you. We successfully had a Lemon Drop made from included spirits on our last AZ cruise in the Discoveries bar. ����

How was your lemon drop Azamarajunkie? We paid for one on our last Journey cruise and it was pretty poor

It was very lemony and was fine (and free!). We're back on the Journey next week so will give it another go one evening, I've just discovered Sloe Gin is on the included list which is one of my current favoured tipples so will be sampling that as well instead of the usual G&T.

It was very lemony and was fine (and free!). We're back on the Journey next week so will give it another go one evening, I've just discovered Sloe Gin is on the included list which is one of my current favoured tipples so will be sampling that as well instead of the usual G&T.

Think we're just going to miss you because we join Journey on Thursday.

Will give a (free) Lemon Drop another go.

Enjoy your cruise

We will try a lemon drop martini again then H...I remember the last one was not very good at all. Wonder if Dale is onboard Journey at the minute? He will certainly know how to make one and I even don't mind paying for it if it's good.

Will try the sloe gin Azamarajunkie, but I'm usually a Hendrick's or Tanqeray 10 girl. Don't like the Azamara tonic at all...much prefer Fever Tree or Fentiman's tonic.

As for the included wines, we have always found them very acceptable. They are not vintage of course, but they are perfectly drinkable. We will be sampling quite a few of them very soon! :D

Still want the opportunity to drink bubbles though...Prosecco or Cava please, please Azamara. :)

Mariano made a very good Lemon Drop Martini in Spirits Lounge on the Journey a couple of months ago and no extra charge. I'm not a huge Sauvignon Blanc fan but the one served from New Zealand was excellent. We thought the wine quality might have dropped a bit, but overall the wines were very good. No complaints.

Mariano made a very good Lemon Drop Martini in Spirits Lounge on the Journey a couple of months ago and no extra charge. I'm not a huge Sauvignon Blanc fan but the one served from New Zealand was excellent. We thought the wine quality might have dropped a bit, but overall the wines were very good. No complaints.

Mariano is a lovely man. He was on vacation last time we were on Journey. The cruise before he was working in Mosaic and after just one day made my Mocha to perfection.

Hope he is still on board, it will be great to see him again. And I will certainly ask him to make me a Lemon Drop if he is but where is Spirits Lounge Beachseeker?

Edited by Spursgirl