Upsell fairy called me!

mawie

Hopefully they will offer you the same upgrade on the 9/23 cruise and you can invite your CC friends over for cocktails!:)

Too late. Look at the website. They have given or sold them all to other people. :(

I actually downgraded myself to a virtual interior on our cruise, because it was SO FRIGGIN' cheap.

No, but I sort of recognized the number. I get SO MANY political, scam IRS, etc calls that I am very cautious, but I had a strong feeling that this was RC.

I'm not even sure why we have a land line. Nobody we know calls us on it. And when it rings I get like Rob Reiner in "Wolf of Wall Street". "Who in the #%*~ calls at (whatever time it is) on (whatever day it is)!"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by nealstuber

I received my first official upsell phone call today.

8 night Explorer PNW cruise.

I have a D2 cabin. Solo.

He offered an OWNER'S SUITE for $700.

:)

I wonder if $700 is the standard upsell price for a full suite. It's what we paid to go from a JS to a Crown Loft 1 on Oasis.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It *IS* possible to realize double C&A points when receiving an upsell call.

We received this call after booking our January B2B cruise on Freedom. We were offered a Balcony->JS upgrade for one of the two B2Bs. We accepted on the condition that we receive an email from the rep confirming the upgrade *AND* the double C&A points that comes with a suite.

The double points appeared in our account about a week after the sailing without any issues.

We received this call after booking our January B2B cruise on Freedom. We were offered a Balcony->JS upgrade for one of the two B2Bs. We accepted on the condition that we receive an email from the rep confirming the upgrade *AND* the double C&A points that comes with a suite.

The double points appeared in our account about a week after the sailing without any issues.

Nice to know they are somewhat flexible.:)

Nice!! I hope the Fairy visits me!! I just called with the new sale, didn't save on my cost but got the OBC! I inquired about going from OV Balcony to JS, but not sure if the extra $2k is worth it yet.... so I'll keep trying to see if I can get a better deal! :D

Would love to try a suite. Always book a balcony cabin.

So ... couple of questions:

- To get that OBC for the new sale, did you book directly with RC?

- Before they move you to 'their' idea of an upgrade, do they call you first?

- If you put in your preferences re upgrade that you'd only switch to a cabin on the same deck, would they call you anyways for something other than that? I'd not like a cabin underneath the MDR etc.

Was the upsell price lower than the published rate at the time?

Nope. We booked about three weeks prior to sailing. I remember pulling the trigger when I saw that rates had come down. RCCL called a week later. I remember doing a mock booking at the time to see if the upsell price < published rate.

Would love to try a suite. Always book a balcony cabin.

So ... couple of questions:

- To get that OBC for the new sale, did you book directly with RC?

- Before they move you to 'their' idea of an upgrade, do they call you first?

- If you put in your preferences re upgrade that you'd only switch to a cabin on the same deck, would they call you anyways for something other than that? I'd not like a cabin underneath the MDR etc.

I can only answer your first question - yes, I booked direct with RC over phone, so I just called. Cabin prices didn't change (that happened the first time I called back). I'll keep calling for whatever extra I can save until I make my final payment :)

Nice that you got double points but it hasn't worked that way for us. Gotta love the inconsistencies. :confused:

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

This TRULY is an AWESOME deal; however, because we went to balcony from inside over the time we've cruised, I honestly can say I think balconies are overrated....the ONLY thing I didn't like about the inside room was how DARK they can be when the lights go out!

But we would easily go back to an inside - depends on cost.

I agree that they are over-rated ... for us anyway. Many people say once you've had a balcony you will never go back to inside. Not true in our case. We are always on the look out for good prices and we don't mind an inside cabin since most of our cabin time is spent sleeping anyway. We are about split half and half between inside/balcony for all our cruises. We've even done a JS twice for B2B cruises but still didn't mind going back to inside.

Nope. We booked about three weeks prior to sailing. I remember pulling the trigger when I saw that rates had come down. RCCL called a week later. I remember doing a mock booking at the time to see if the upsell price < published rate.

Then it's really not an upsell and the reason you got the double points. Upsells are usually below published rates. Not sure why they would bother trying to sell anyone to a published rate that anyone can get.

Then it's really not an upsell and the reason you got the double points. Upsells are usually below published rates. Not sure why they would bother trying to sell anyone to a published rate that anyone can get.

Agree....I didn't see your post and Nado44's reply that the rate he got was the same as the published rate. Also have never heard of a call from RCI like Nado44 got. Like you said it sounds like what he got was an Upgrade and not an Upsell.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I got an upsell call yesterday .. the number was 866-562-7625 on caller ID.

Thanks for the caller ID number. I usually ignore calls from toll free number as most are telemarketers.

Now my phone will announce "Royal Upgrade" if the upsell/upgrade fairy ever calls.

I agree that they are over-rated ... for us anyway. Many people say once you've had a balcony you will never go back to inside. Not true in our case. We are always on the look out for good prices and we don't mind an inside cabin since most of our cabin time is spent sleeping anyway. We are about split half and half between inside/balcony for all our cruises. We've even done a JS twice for B2B cruises but still didn't mind going back to inside.

Can't say I'd ever do an inside cabin. I truly enjoy spending time on my balcony before dinner with a glass of wine and having the fresh air whenever we're in our cabin. Also, when travelling to Hawaii from the West Coast when there are several sea days, definitely prefer relaxing privately with a good book without the bother of having to hunt down a lounger first thing. Only problem I've ever encountered is a smoker next door. Thankfully, that only happened on one of our cruises.:)