Upsell fairy called me!

mawie

This TRULY is an AWESOME deal; however, because we went to balcony from inside over the time we've cruised, I honestly can say I think balconies are overrated....the ONLY thing I didn't like about the inside room was how DARK they can be when the lights go out!

But we would easily go back to an inside - depends on cost.

I agree. As much as I love a balcony cabin, if an inside will get me on the ship, so be it :)

I am hoping to get a call from the Upsell Fairy for my May cruise. Any idea how far in advance they start offering these Upsell's? Right now it is looking like my ship is not even close to capacity...

My upsell last year was about 4 weeks out and coincided with the lower end cabins showing up on the GGG weekly flyer... they can sell the cheaper cabins much easier than the suites closer to sailing I suspect. I hope she visits you :)

• 4 months later...
I received my first official upsell phone call today.

8 night Explorer PNW cruise.

I have a D2 cabin. Solo.

He offered an OWNER'S SUITE for $700.

:)

WOW! That gives me hope that at some point the upsell fairy will call me. When is the cruise? I am curious how far in advance they are upselling.

I have a D2 cabin. Solo.

Did the caller ID indicate RC?

I have a D2 cabin. Solo.

And great thing is you get 3 points for each day, right? One extra for solo and 1 extra for suite! 24 days!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice!! I hope the Fairy visits me!! I just called with the new sale, didn't save on my cost but got the OBC! I inquired about going from OV Balcony to JS, but not sure if the extra $2k is worth it yet.... so I'll keep trying to see if I can get a better deal! :D

No, but I sort of recognized the number. I get SO MANY political, scam IRS, etc calls that I am very cautious, but I had a strong feeling that this was RC.

Hopefully they will offer you the same upgrade on the 9/23 cruise and you can invite your CC friends over for cocktails!:)

I received a call last Thursday to offer me an upgrade.I have cruised about 15 times and this never happened to me before!

We had booked an Inside Guarantee on Allure. We were offered a Superior Ocean View room with Larger Balcony for 135$ CAD (about 100$ US). At first, I did not believe it, it was too good to be true! I thought it was per person, and then per day. When the man on the phone confirmed it was the total amount for my bf and I, I couldn't refuse!

I have looked online to see how much this room would have cost us if we had reserved it, and it was 1800$ more than what we paid! :)

Now less than 3 weeks before I see what a balcony is really about, since I have always cruised with Inside Cabins!! I have never been more excited for a cruise lol

Have a fabulous time....