Divina to Bermuda review plus your questions answered

LMaxwell

8d29cd934625616e15ab18466e6f896c.jpgab669b19583a0a7c112dffb9f1b97d4c.jpg

I have to ask, as this still is baffling me. Were these 2 separate menus? As mentioned before, 4 of us missed the everyday options, but at no point were we shown them. Nor did we ever get an additional menu to look through.

I am a little bit annoyed that the waiter didn't point any of this additional menu out. But also i'm annoyed at myself for not asking. Unless of course, for whatever reason, this additional menu wasn't on offer during our cruise. But why would this be?

I have to ask, as this still is baffling me. Were these 2 separate menus? As mentioned before, 4 of us missed the everyday options, but at no point were we shown them. Nor did we ever get an additional menu to look through.

I am a little bit annoyed that the waiter didn't point any of this additional menu out. But also i'm annoyed at myself for not asking. Unless of course, for whatever reason, this additional menu wasn't on offer during our cruise. But why would this be?

Those are two separate menus, days 6 (second formal night) and day 7 menu. Each is the left side of the page. I only photographed the always available one time bc it was always on the right page of the menu.

The always available wasn't a separate menu. It was the right side of the menu. I'm not sure how it could be missed. My MIL ordered from it no issue. In addition the always available menu was posted on the boards outside the MDR entrances where they posted the daily menus for dinner after lunch time.

Lounge chairs and pool seating situation.

Port side of aqua park was smokers side. Starboard side had plenty of round tables but not many loungers in shade bc that is indeed where they would set up tables to sell electronics, perfumes, sunglasses, and express 10 and 20 minute spa massages in chairs right there. On final sea day they did far less selling and put out more lounge chairs.

They did have lounge chairs in the shade marked reserved for handicapped and people seemed to respect this.

Forward la sirene pool had all tables on deck 14. Deck 15 was tables on one side and ping pong and Foosball on the other. Some people would drag in loungers from outside on 15 to inside la sirene area.

Exterior deck 15 and deck 16 relatively easy to find lounge chairs. Plenty of people out there but always room for more. There are hot tubs midship on 15 and the aft garden bar and infinity pool .

More loungers up on 16 and more hot tubs as well.

Deck 16 starboard is where to find the waterslide.

Top 18 is a pay for area and due to weather I think was only busy once. They have those massive sunbeds up there. Prices ranged from $5 to $30 per day depending what you wanted. There's another pool / tub up there. IMO they should just charge for the massive sunbed and make the rest of the area and loungers free. It's a prime spot but not a special enough area to warrant a charge. Maybe the nominal fee kept it quiet and less crowded though.

Deck 7 exterior promenade like most modern ships has sea views blocked by lifeboats but there are alcoves with unobstructed sea views. Not a single chair or bench out there though.

Why would you possibly want reasons? Surely this sums up everything that is wrong with MSC! Perfect sentence! :rolleyes:

I agree with Oceanboy, that the request as to why DDnRD wouldn't cruise with MSC again is a valid question. Would be nice to hear why, just like it is nice to hear why someone likes it so one has the good and bad info that might help them make a decision. I also would like to know why..might help my decision, maybe not yours.

msc

I agree with Oceanboy, that the request as to why DDnRD wouldn't cruise with MSC again is a valid question. Would be nice to hear why, just like it is nice to hear why someone likes it so one has the good and bad info that might help them make a decision. I also would like to know why..might help my decision, maybe not yours.

msc

Sorry you didn't get my sarcasm. I thought adding a sarcastic roll eye smiley at the end would give it away. British flippancy..... wasted. lol:D

Thanks for your review LMaxwell! It is refreshing to see a more upbeat point of view. Attitude is everything on a cruise ship IMHO.

What did you think of Etaly? While I canceled my specialty dining I may want to consider trying them out for a steak. Just to much seafood on the specialty dining for my tastes.

Thanks for your review LMaxwell! It is refreshing to see a more upbeat point of view. Attitude is everything on a cruise ship IMHO.

What did you think of Etaly? While I canceled my specialty dining I may want to consider trying them out for a steak. Just to much seafood on the specialty dining for my tastes.

With the black card dinner you are provided a fixed 5 course menu.

Plate of olives, bruschetta, and fresh Italian bread w oil and vinegar upon seating to share. After that each course is a plate per person no sharing necessary. This was nice touch. On RCI when you order a dish besides the main at Chops it is for the table not for each person.

1st course beef carpaccio with shaved cheese and greens. I like well done beef so not really my thing.

2nd course a plate of Italian cold cut antipasto. Loved this. These meats were available on the buffet and MDR though

3rd course fresh pasta w a heavy creamy sauce. Nice and filling.

4th was the steak cooked to order. It was very good. Came w roast potatoes, rock salt, and small side salad.

5th course Dessert was zeppoles w vanilla bean ice cream.

For a free perk it was very nice. About 2 hours start to end. I know Eataly has a trademark look but to me it was more chic than high end. I appreciated the perk and it was a nice dinner. I am not sure I would have paid a premium over the MDR but that's generally how I feel on most cruise lines when I try specialty dining; better but not significantly so.

6537e5b2704d0582310a36e0ec42a731.jpg

Edited by LMaxwell

It's ok just seen the answer in post 32.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Dinner times DO seem to vary 15-30 minutes cruise to cruise; guess it depends on itinerary or guest demographics. They will move show times to accommodate.

Thank you for the great review -fantastic info. I've been researching, and lurking :), and I think I've convinced some co-workers to try MSC next spring for our annual girls cruise. We have mostly cruised NCL, and will probably try to get in on the balcony special MSC is running now. If we have to go 3 adults in a room, anyone have an idea how comfy that sofa bed is or if they have eggcrate foam pads available ? I'm also a little wary of MSC's website, seems to have issues so may book via phone or ta. How long should I expect the loyalty match to take by the way? Thanks in advance for any answers!

Thank you for the great review -fantastic info. I've been researching, and lurking :), and I think I've convinced some co-workers to try MSC next spring for our annual girls cruise. We have mostly cruised NCL, and will probably try to get in on the balcony special MSC is running now. If we have to go 3 adults in a room, anyone have an idea how comfy that sofa bed is or if they have eggcrate foam pads available ? I'm also a little wary of MSC's website, seems to have issues so may book via phone or ta. How long should I expect the loyalty match to take by the way? Thanks in advance for any answers!

My loyalty match took about 4 days to process- not too bad! :) Antonia is an awesome PCC and she will help you book everything and she is very well informed! :) Antonia Couvertier

Personal Vacation Consultant

Toll Free: 1-877-272-3689 1-877-665-4655

Mon-Friday- 12:00pm-9:00pm EST

antonia.couvertier@msccruisesusa.com

MSC Cruises (USA) Inc.

6750 North Andrews Avenue, Suite 100

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

I had my match in 3 days and called up and they took 5% off my cruise. I can't answer about sofa beds though or eggcrates; our regular bed was very comfortable

Thanks for the quick response x two! I've gleaned enough info from the recent threads about MSC [good and bad] to go ahead and book next week, I've read enough good things to go ahead and try them! We don't sweat the small stuff, and a cruise is what you make of it I always say - I'm not cooking and I'm not working :)

Other random tips and hints

Thought I'd make a quick mention about the elevators, at least the aft bank and midship bank. I did not have enough experience with the forward bank to verify the information below.

So each of those banks (aft and mid) has 4 elevators. The outboard elevators go to more decks than the inboard elevators.

Let's say you are mid ship.So if you want to get to deck 4 to get off for a port, or you want to go to deck 15 (walking deck, garden bar, infinity pool, kids club) or deck 16 (galaxy restaurant/disco, library, more hidden areas for loungers and addtl hot tubs, water slide) you need to use one of the two elevators in the middle; the outter ones only go deck 5 to 14 if I remember correctly.

There are public exterior balconies at both rear corners of the ship that run from Decks 6 to Deck 15 with staircases and doors from each cabin deck, as well as automated doors at back of buffet.

they DO have hot chocolate in the morning; it is in a container like the milk containers. Not available in packets.

the TV has a lot of interactive functions so you can check your account from the TV.

The TV has 4 ship cameras; two at the midship pool, one at the infinity pool, and one on the bridge facing forward.

The buffet has some small premade omelettes at breakfast; 2 or 3 varieties. If you want a REAL, BIG, made to order omelette go to the pool deck, starboard side. There they do made to order ones with your choice of ingredients (8 to 10 items) and also have some more pastries out there. People figure this out as the cruise goes on so lines do grow.

Ask for a kids menu in the dining room. Seriously! It changes every day and has really good choices on it besides standards kids "junk food". Want Prosciutto and Fresh Mozarella? It's on the kids menu one day. go figure

Other random tips and hints

Thought I'd make a quick mention about the elevators, at least the aft bank and midship bank. I did not have enough experience with the forward bank to verify the information below.

So each of those banks (aft and mid) has 4 elevators. The outboard elevators go to more decks than the inboard elevators.

Let's say you are mid ship.So if you want to get to deck 4 to get off for a port, or you want to go to deck 15 (walking deck, garden bar, infinity pool, kids club) or deck 16 (galaxy restaurant/disco, library, more hidden areas for loungers and addtl hot tubs, water slide) you need to use one of the two elevators in the middle; the outter ones only go deck 5 to 14 if I remember correctly.

There are public exterior balconies at both rear corners of the ship that run from Decks 6 to Deck 15 with staircases and doors from each cabin deck, as well as automated doors at back of buffet.

they DO have hot chocolate in the morning; it is in a container like the milk containers. Not available in packets.

the TV has a lot of interactive functions so you can check your account from the TV.

The TV has 4 ship cameras; two at the midship pool, one at the infinity pool, and one on the bridge facing forward.

The buffet has some small premade omelettes at breakfast; 2 or 3 varieties. If you want a REAL, BIG, made to order omelette go to the pool deck, starboard side. There they do made to order ones with your choice of ingredients (8 to 10 items) and also have some more pastries out there. People figure this out as the cruise goes on so lines do grow.

Ask for a kids menu in the dining room. Seriously! It changes every day and has really good choices on it besides standards kids "junk food". Want Prosciutto and Fresh Mozarella? It's on the kids menu one day. go figure

Great tips Maxwell, i have been on the Divina 5x and did not know they make omelettes to order by the pool deck, even though i don't eat eggs my dw will welcome the news. Thanks

Thermal area of spa does NOT have heated loungers, just plain loungers with window view. Men's and women's facilities. One steam and two saunas per sex each with own showers. Body wash and shampoo in spa are same as stateroom

Thank you - that was my question