Divina to Bermuda review plus your questions answered

LMaxwell

Funny thing about public men's restroom. They don't have any urinals only stalls. At least the ones I went into. First few times I had to double check to make sure I wasn't in the wrong place. Kinda funny to think back on!

LMAXWELL: You mentioned in a recent post that after you did the status match you received a black card within 72 hours...did you mean to say that you received a card number??? My understanding is that you do not get a card when you sign up, but your card on the ship is the black card? Can you clarify???

LMAXWELL: You mentioned in a recent post that after you did the status match you received a black card within 72 hours...did you mean to say that you received a card number??? My understanding is that you do not get a card when you sign up, but your card on the ship is the black card? Can you clarify???

72 hours (approx) after signing up I received an email that was a PDF of a card and my member number.

I printed this and showed them before entering the check in line and was diverted to a black card priority check in so no waiting behind anyone.

The room key I was given was black and gold at the top, said Voyagers Club, and had "Black Card" printed on the bottom of it.

I never took out or showed that printed off PDF to anyone or for anything after being put in the appropriate check in line; my room key did everything from that point forward.

My loyalty match took about 4 days to process- not too bad! :) Antonia is an awesome PCC and she will help you book everything and she is very well informed! :) Antonia Couvertier

Personal Vacation Consultant

Toll Free: 1-877-272-3689 1-877-665-4655

Mon-Friday- 12:00pm-9:00pm EST

antonia.couvertier@msccruisesusa.com

MSC Cruises (USA) Inc.

6750 North Andrews Avenue, Suite 100

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

Thank you so much for passing on the name of your pcc, Antonia, she is fantastic!! I booked today and she made it so easy. Let the planning begin! Went with a balcony on Divina for Feb 2017 for our annual girls cruise and with the current balcony sale, it was a no brainer.

Thank you so much for passing on the name of your pcc, Antonia, she is fantastic!! I booked today and she made it so easy. Let the planning begin! Went with a balcony on Divina for Feb 2017 for our annual girls cruise and with the current balcony sale, it was a no brainer.

I called that number and got John.

Funny thing about public men's restroom. They don't have any urinals only stalls. At least the ones I went into. First few times I had to double check to make sure I wasn't in the wrong place. Kinda funny to think back on!

That's funny i did the same thing.

I'm doing my third cruise on Divina that same time. My first B2B cruise, so maybe I'll see you on one of the roll calls!

Thanks for the review. We are booked on the Meraviglia for next year so it's great to read overall comments about MSC.

Value is very much perceived but we got so much more value in booking with MSC compared to Celebrity or NCL ( both cruise ship lines that we really like!) that it was an absolute no brainer to book MSC & go on another new ship! [emoji4]

From the pictures I can find online, they don't have much in terms of pool "fun" stuff for kids? I see some of their other ships have a full Aquapark with slides and such but this one only seems to have pools? Salted?

Thanks!

From the pictures I can find online, they don't have much in terms of pool "fun" stuff for kids? I see some of their other ships have a full Aquapark with slides and such but this one only seems to have pools? Salted?

Thanks!

There is the mid-ship "aqua park" with the main pool and hot tubs. I did see kids splashing in the shallow areas around the pool. Mid-Aft on 16 is the water slide. Aft on 15 is the infinity pool.

Forward of aqua park is la sirene pool and saw kids in there as well.

Besides the slide there is not really w kiddie water park or splash pad area though. Not like the Waterparks found on carnival and NCL.

I never went into the main pools so not sure if it is salt or fresh water

Edited by LMaxwell

Nice review, very informative. A while back we had sailed on the Orchestra when they first came over to the Caribbean. They seemed at that time to struggle with the American cruisers to some degree. Mainly just different, not better or worse. Did you get that feel? Also, on the Orchestra, the shower was really small, was that your experience as well?

Nice review, very informative. A while back we had sailed on the Orchestra when they first came over to the Caribbean. They seemed at that time to struggle with the American cruisers to some degree. Mainly just different, not better or worse. Did you get that feel? Also, on the Orchestra, the shower was really small, was that your experience as well?

I wouldn't say the shower was really small. It was about average for a ship. Spacious enough. Even our inside cabin the shower had a two piece glass door instead of a curtain. Either section could pivot in or out and had magnetic stopped on the ceiling to hold it in position. Pushing the doors in gave a good amount of room to maneuver when using our babies bathtub on the bathroom floor. The only time the door was a nuisance was the one day we used the clothesline in the shower; then it could not be pushed fully inwards. Maybe it "felt" a little roomier without the clingy vinyl curtain.

I don't think they struggled at all with American cruisers. I don't know what their past product or their European product is like, but I think they have the Divina fairly tuned in for the US market. I would say if someone is a diehard loyalist to a particular line and set in their ways they may find some gripes, but if one has an open mind and/or experienced various lines, probably no real gripes. Dining staff was mostly Filipino, bar services had a lot of Jamaican / Caribbean staff, cabin stewards seemed to be eastern European. Activities staff an international mix; south Americans and British. So really not too different than other mainstream cruises out of the US. I expected more 'Italian-ness' in the service, whatever that is I am not sure.

I wouldn't say the shower was really small. It was about average for a ship. Spacious enough. Even our inside cabin the shower had a two piece glass door instead of a curtain. Either section could pivot in or out and had magnetic stopped on the ceiling to hold it in position. Pushing the doors in gave a good amount of room to maneuver when using our babies bathtub on the bathroom floor. The only time the door was a nuisance was the one day we used the clothesline in the shower; then it could not be pushed fully inwards. Maybe it "felt" a little roomier without the clingy vinyl curtain.

I don't think they struggled at all with American cruisers. I don't know what their past product or their European product is like, but I think they have the Divina fairly tuned in for the US market. I would say if someone is a diehard loyalist to a particular line and set in their ways they may find some gripes, but if one has an open mind and/or experienced various lines, probably no real gripes. Dining staff was mostly Filipino, bar services had a lot of Jamaican / Caribbean staff, cabin stewards seemed to be eastern European. Activities staff an international mix; south Americans and British. So really not too different than other mainstream cruises out of the US. I expected more 'Italian-ness' in the service, whatever that is I am not sure.

The shower comment might have been the curtain clinging , I can't remember details now. Seems they fell more "comfortable" sailing here now as well. Thanks again for the review.

Lmaxwell,

Great review. We're seriously considering booking Divina under the balcony promotion in the next couple days. I do have a couple of questions when you have time.

1. What was your reasoning for booking the fantastical experience over the Bella? I'm leaning toward fantastical experience, but not sure why.

2. Can you choose between early and late seating?

3. Can we request a table for two or would we be seated with others?

4. If we purchase the 18 drink package, would we be able to pay the difference to buy more expensive beer, wine, or alcohol?

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. No rush!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When MSC first came to the US the staff in the d/r was all Italian, service & food fantastic & still there were complaints & guests refusing to pay tips. Crazy what some people expect.

Lmaxwell,

Great review. We're seriously considering booking Divina under the balcony promotion in the next couple days. I do have a couple of questions when you have time.

1. What was your reasoning for booking the fantastical experience over the Bella? I'm leaning toward fantastical experience, but not sure why.

2. Can you choose between early and late seating?

3. Can we request a table for two or would we be seated with others?

4. If we purchase the 18 drink package, would we be able to pay the difference to buy more expensive beer, wine, or alcohol?

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. No rush!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

1 and 2. We booked Fantastica over Bella for a few reasons

A. Since we were choosing interior; the Fantastica interior rooms are larger than Bella. Normally if it was 2 of us I would not mind the smaller room, but our baby needed a crib so we knew floor space would be at a premium. If you book 3 in a room they give you a room that has berths for 3 adults; the Bellas with drop down beds intrude into the room space. We did not need these berths at all but since the baby counted as a third we would be stuck with them. On Fantastica they recess completely into the ceiling. The larger Fantastica floorspace allowed the crib to be totally out of the walkway of the room.

B. With Fantastica you do get priority of dinner time (early or late). With the baby late dinner would have been a vacation ruiner, so I wanted the priority choice. My in laws with a Bella room were linked to our booking and so got to dine with us at our preferred time.

C. Many Bella rooms were under or adjacent to areas I'd consider to be noisy. I wanted a room that was "sandwiched" above, below, and to the sides. Fantastica opened up these locations to me.

I do want to note, my in laws got a smaller Bella interior right over the theater and were perfectly comfortable with only 2 in there and reported no noise in the room. I think one night a movie was shown late in the theater, but for all other nights the shows get out around 9:15PM so unless you are a very early sleeper this should not be an issue.

If we were going wtihout the baby and did not want the extra floor space for a crib I might have elected to save a few bucks and go with Bella.

I can't speak to Bella vs Fantastica as far as oceanview, balcony, suite, etc.

3. Yes, I saw many people at 2 top tables.

4. Sorry, I am not sure of the answer on that. I understand your question but don't know if the higher tier stuff is totally excluded or available with a coupon plus paying the difference. Personally I was satisfied with the value of the vouchers vs cocktails and spirits offered. I don't think they represent much value for beer. If you have a particular brand of spirit you like you may want to confirm how you would be charged. I believe you can buy the voucher booklets onboard with 15% gratuity added. if you buy pre-cruise there is no 15% surcharge added.

hope this helps!

Hmmm. I didn't think there was a "wrong place" anymore.:mad::eek:

Yes, We have sailed with MSC when they first came to Ft Lauderdale & feel in love with them right away, but oh the complaints which were crazy. Passengers refusing to pay tips, which to us were insulting. Major staff was Italian in the beginning, but the food & staff couldn`t be more accomadating, on sailing from Genoa with MSC what a difference with fellow guests, no complaints all happy times.

Hmmm. I didn't think there was a "wrong place" anymore.:mad::eek:

I guess that depends on where you live.

I was in a restaurant in Genoa Italy once and I had to go through the mens room to get to the ladies room.:eek::D

Yes, We have sailed with MSC when they first came to Ft Lauderdale & feel in love with them right away, but oh the complaints which were crazy. Passengers refusing to pay tips, which to us were insulting. Major staff was Italian in the beginning, but the food & staff couldn`t be more accomadating, on sailing from Genoa with MSC what a difference with fellow guests, no complaints all happy times.

I did not see anyone removing tips. I thought the staff tried hard to make things right. Mainly, it was just different, not better or worse.