Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

When do you think we'll know what changes are going to happen?

Thank you,

If they are making changes effective May 1, then it would not surprise me if we don't know until April 30th. They don't like to give much notice.

If they are making changes effective May 1, then it would not surprise me if we don't know until April 30th. They don't like to give much notice.

Bob you would assume Royal would want the same policy for the Ovation to China cruise departing England 3 May.

What will they do about Independence TA departing 1 May?

Bob you would assume Royal would want the same policy for the Ovation to China cruise departing England 3 May.

What will they do about Independence TA departing 1 May?

Totally unknown, and remember, it's possible that nothing will change.

We are going on a cruise next week and we got an email reminding us of our diamond plus benefits. Here is one of them.

Lounge Access: Enjoy exclusive access to the Diamond Club where you can relax and mingle with other Crown & Anchor Society members.

There was no mention of access to the Concierge Lounge.

We are going on a cruise next week and we got an email reminding us of our diamond plus benefits. Here is one of them.

Lounge Access: Enjoy exclusive access to the Diamond Club where you can relax and mingle with other Crown & Anchor Society members.

There was no mention of access to the Concierge Lounge.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1kE-7eoEKSyVD-50DHAWxfcMhnBaOuKeh6z8rATsSPoRRWUIfZ5xvgV0

I agree. I cannot think of anyone, except 'proper seaman type officers and engineers and entertainment staff' who do not completely rely on tips. I have only known a few folk who work on cruise ships but they say it would be not worth while if it was not for tips.

In fact, certain ports/parts of the world where cruisers don't tip well are anticipated with dread by staff who get depressed thinking about serving folks when they know they 'ain't making no money....

A concierge is in the guest relations department. They are paid decent wages although a year or two ago I remember a minor stink regarding how they are paid.

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

Edited by LMaxwell

The possibility of losing access to the CL a few cruises ago would have really ticked me off. However on my last 3 cruises I have used the DL exclusively and enjoyed it much better than the cramped, windowless CL's on the Voyager and Freedom class ships.

To be perfectly honest, it isn't the potential changes to the C&A program that is interfering with my RCI love affair, it is the ridiculous so called "sales" and jacked up pricing that is causing me to look at, and ultimately sail other cruise lines.

I really wish RCI would give their heads a shake and stop messing with their most loyal customers.....

Hi, I agree with you. And I have lately been doing some snooping around on other cruise lines, too. don't know yet where we might end up in the future.

Hi, I agree with you. And I have lately been doing some snooping around on other cruise lines, too. don't know yet where we might end up in the future.

MSC will transfer the credits from RCCL Crown and Anchor to the corresponding category on their line.... check their website way down at the bottom.

MSC will transfer the credits from RCCL Crown and Anchor to the corresponding category on their line.... check their website way down at the bottom.

So how does everyone feel about Royal doing that for say Carnival Princess NCL or HAL customers?

So how does everyone feel about Royal doing that for say Carnival Princess NCL or HAL customers?

Well, one is trying to grow and entice new customers to check them out.

The other is looking for ways to shave high tier customers in order to make room for newbies that spend more on bingo, excursions, and drink packages.

A reduction in time is easy to compensate for; skip the appetizers and double up on the drinks. We were blessed with two hands after all...

Celebrity has it for only 2 hours 5 - 7 pm and there are numerous complaints from people who eat early that they do not get to partake and then people who eat late complain that 5-7 is too early.

I can't even begin to image the complaints on the RCCL boards if they changed the time.

How about reducing cocktails to two hours?

Anyone can throw in a half baked suggestion. here's mine....

If D's are to be excluded from the lounge, give them five drink vouchers per day to use anytime during the 24 hours (when they're gone, they're gone so why would it matter when you use them)

Edited by icsys

How about reducing cocktails to two hours?

Someone told me it will be two hours also. Possibly shifting to a morning window to accomodate sunrise celebrations. Just a rumor of course. And limited to domestic US beers in plastic glasses only. It's rumored there will be a chip in them and if you try to take them into the MDR they will sound an alarm. Violations will be addressed by the DDCM (Diamond Drink Coupon Monitors). At that point the DDCM will log you into the MDR main system and you will be in the DCAFRS (Drink Coupon Abuser Facial Rrecognition System). DCAFRS initiation will trigger a PBLA flag (permanent ban on ANY lounge access) regardless of future status or suite booking. PBLA status will result in in a removal of the Mini-Bar for all subsequent bookings unless a DD+PSSE (Diamond Diamond+ Pinnacle Super Suite Exception) is granted.

If D's are to be excluded from the lounge, give them five drink vouchers per day to use anytime during the 24 hours (when they're gone, they're gone so why would it matter when you use them)

I would take option that any day.:)

Given the cruise lines have staff reading these boards, people really should be careful about what they suggest here, or the suggestions will indeed come to pass - although probably not the five vouchers daily though!

Agree with you but won't happen as most people don't have time to use them now and therefore Rccl cost cutting people(have other word but can't print it) would have to pour the drinks.

But nobody goes for the cocktails according to what I read. They just want a place to mingle with like minded folks. ;)

Oh, and the coffee.

If it were just the free drinks perks, we would simply go to any lounge with our

vouchers...or even just enjoy our own wine on our balcony.

We are ones that love to talk with those like minded people (birds of a feather),

as we all enjoy that same love of cruising and love to share stories.

And I do love my Latte from the CL/DL coffee machine...as long as it is working. ;)

Hmmm...Bucky thinks we should all have a nightly "meet and mingle" in a bar of

choice at happy hour time, if it needs to come to that. Then watch pax complain about

those darned C&A upper tier people taking over "their" favorite bar...like the R Bar! :eek: :p

Edited by island lady