Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

How about this...

The new level (at 350 points for argument sake) will get half of the extra balcony discount that Pinnacles get over D+...oh wait a second, Pinnacles get the same discount as D+. Looks like the new level will get half of nothing.:D

So all I wil get at 350 is an extra bottle of wine:confused: like I need that :eek::D perhaps I'll have to give the extra bottle to the other half ;)

Edited by Spurschick

How did any one of us socialize before we attained Diamond status?

We brought a 12 pack of beer onboard from Catalina or Mazatlán and enjoyed "Cigars under the Stars" on the pool deck. And the pool bar was also open for beverages. :D:):D

Edited by Coralc

If you think about it, the current situation isn't sustainable. More folks are causing on more ships with more JS and suites (earning double points). Many kids are now D or D+ (I don't care whether they should be or who paid for it; fact is these people exist).

If many of these folks continue to cruise, the number of D+ and Pinnacles will increase dramatically. Four years ago we were on a cruise with a Pinnacle couple and the Captain said there were only something like 47 worldwide (I forget the exact number but it was REALLY SMALL). Now it sounds like they're on almost every cruise.

RCCL either has to keep adding tier levels and benefits or make them harder to achieve. My guess is they'll do the former for awhile and then the latter. Because the status quo will eventually implode on itself. Then again, maybe I'm wrong.:rolleyes:

I am interested in the thinking around children accumulating C&A points. I don't think my wife should be allowed to accumulate points as, as far as I can remember she has never 'actually' paid for a cruise. She's been riding in my coat tails far to long.

Perhaps we should work a percentage scale of each spouse's income relative to the total household income. For example if my wife earns 1 fifth of my income she should only attract 1 point for every 5 points I earn. I think this will easily fit into some of the alternate proposals up for debate.

Edited by hollykimalan

I am interested in the thinking around children accumulating C&A points. I don't think my wife should be allowed to accumulate points as, as far as I can remember she has never 'actually' paid for a cruise. She's been riding in my coat tails far to long.

Perhaps we should work a percentage scale of each spouse's income relative to the total household income. For example if my wife earns 1 fifth of my income she should only attract 1 point for every 5 points I earn. I think this will easily fit into some of the alternate proposals up for debate.

I didn't figure a rich guy like you that always travels in a suite would be too worried about how much his wife makes....:rolleyes:

Edited by robandana

Just wondering if we can join while we are onboard.

This is our first RCCL cruise, can we wait until we are onboard to join, and will get credit for that cruise?

For a first timer on Royal, he seems very into getting his suite perks and not allowing C&A members any of HIS space in the Suite Lounge, since he's paying $18,000.

After these comments, you'll probably be getting double points for cruising solo.

Believe me, young adults don't want to hang out in the DL's with old curmudgeon's so they're the least of the problem.

Ah, if we could only get this to your wife to read. Instead of worry about the suite lounge, you'd be wondering about when you get out of the proverbial dog house. If you don't have kids you better not. All they're going to do is drag you down and sponge your finances, not to mention clog up the suite lounge. :)

I didn't figure a rich guy like you that always travels in a suite would be too worried about how much his wife makes....:rolleyes:

Ha,ha...I wish we were 'rich'....

Where we live there is literally nothing to spend your money on except food. We are just big holiday savers...

Genuinely worried about the 'snobs' onboard...our first 'proper' Royal Caribbean Cruise.

If you look hard, you will probably find a snob or two. I am a frequent cruiser that doesn't hang out in the lounges. When I do go in, I have seen groups of people that don't seem overly welcoming. I have to remember that they are friends who are happy being with their other friends. It's not that they don't like me, or that they are snobby. They are just having a good time as they are. That's different from someone who feels self important. Just keep going until you find a welcoming bunch. You will.

But that stopped. And it is now not allowed on any ship, AFAIK.

That was the rule when we were on Quantum (no coupons in dining rooms). They didn't enforce it. I have no idea what they are doing now. However, we still take our wine into the dining room. I have never had anyone tell us we can't.

That was the rule when we were on Quantum (no coupons in dining rooms). They didn't enforce it. I have no idea what they are doing now. However, we still take our wine into the dining room. I have never had anyone tell us we can't.

I don't know any ship that would prohibit you taking any kind of drink into the dining room.

So D+ folks have lost out on the ability to go to CL. Liberty is the first to move to a Suite Lounge. E have to go to DL which was so crowded I had to stand in line for 30 minutes to get a drink

I've complained but I got the "it's from corporate" and "you have three drink tickets on your sea pass" excuse

So D+ folks have lost out on the ability to go to CL. Liberty is the first to move to a Suite Lounge. E have to go to DL which was so crowded I had to stand in line for 30 minutes to get a drink

I've complained but I got the "it's from corporate" and "you have three drink tickets on your sea pass" excuse

I was wondering if anyone has written to corporate about it yet and if so what the response was.

It depends on the ship and when you sail. On a recent sailing there was a 13 year old on her 60th cruise. Trust me you will find plenty of young D's and D+'s under 20 if you pick the right ship/sail date:D

But are they crowding the Diamond lounge

Dual income couple, joint bank account. We both pay. She just travels more because she has three times the vacation that I do. Your argument while cute, is weak. Try again. :rolleyes:

I have read with some interest some of the comments in this thread. I am a D+and have some thoughts. If hours for free drinks on your sea pass card were extended to 4 pm till 9 pm and the number to 4 per day for D+ and above, the only primary reason for congregating in the lounge would be the food. One could grab some and migrate to the closest bar.

Another option is to offer suites guest a free dinner at a specialty restaurant instead of access to the CL.

Thanks for your comments

I hate to be the one to tell you this....but, the three drink thing is not an excuse, it is a fact. Also you did not have to wait 30 mins inline to get to drink, you chose too, as you could have gone to any other bar on the ship.

I actually feel for the management at Royal, they can only do wrong for some people, they have come up with a perfectly good way of dealing with over crowding in Lounges and many of the options are nicer than the lounges.

Some nights I might visit a lounge, but if I cannot get a seat or served in a reasonable time I move on and enjoy my drink in other places, where I still find friendly folks I can talk to.

When we sailed on Anthem there were over 700 Ds on board. If it was too crowded they open up the lounge right into the Music Hall. At times when the lounge was too busy we just went and got our drinks from the Music Hall bartender which did not count towards the 3 on our card. Worked out great.

IMO - One great thing about the Anthem is location of the D lounge.

I have read with some interest some of the comments in this thread. I am a D+and have some thoughts. If hours for free drinks on your sea pass card were extended to 4 pm till 9 pm and the number to 4 per day for D+ and above, the only primary reason for congregating in the lounge would be the food. One could grab some and migrate to the closest bar.

Another option is to offer suites guest a free dinner at a specialty restaurant instead of access to the CL.

Thanks for your comments

Hi Manymice, interesting ideas - here are my thoughts.

For some the only reason to congregate in the lounge is for the drinks and the snacks, for some the only reason to congregate in the lounge is to meet people and see them regularly, and for others (I think many) it is both.

As a suite guest I would not be interested in a free specialty restaurant instead of access to the CL (which has been paid for as part of the cruise ticket and advertised as a benefit).

I also wouldn't value more than three drinks on my card as we often don't use them all anyway. Perhaps if the CL Concierge had to turn away people because there was no space, they should have the power to add unlimited drinks for the evening for those who want this.

I think they need a way to expand the seating for the CL if necessary - perhaps a side door out to an adjacent bar and some movable screens with regular server attendance would allow the concierge or service staff to help people find seats and assure them of their attention :)

The concierges need options to manage the space - free dinner at a specialty restaurant, additional drinks on card, additional space and explicit service to seat guests, offer of bridge tour, dinner with an officer etc. Basically, whatever options are needed to ensure guests are happy comensurate with what they have paid or their status or both.

I feel some concierges may be a bit passive (or partisan) in their duty to keep all that are entitled to enter content. They sometimes seem to be very busy at their desk with particular clients. Many are excellent

Edited by lucymorgan

You should probably aquaint yourself with the existing system of balcony discounts. Pinnacles currently get the same discount as D+. Long time sore spot. Can't see them upping it for a new Pinnacle Light tier.

I can fully understand the sore spot of Pinnacles. Increasing the balcony discount at lets say 350 nights and then again at 700 would be wonderful.