Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

I go on the ship that goes where I want to go, when I can go, for a price I want to pay. RCI, MSC, Princess, Carnival, Celebrity, NCL. I have the most "perks" with RCI, but I won't book them just for lounge access or deteriorating perks. But there are others who literally are terrified to try anything else and even when RCI takes away from them, they'll be right back to booking 6x a year no matter what.

Look at Empress; some people are DETERMINED to get on that ship no matter how many times Royal screws them on airfare and hotel fees.

The title of this thread is changes / enhancements. Does anyone here believe for a New York minute that there will be "enhancements"? Pffffft. takeaways only.

I actually started looking at MSC yesterday and checked out the status match. Very interesting...Thanks bunches

We love to cruise with Royal but after a crappy 4 weeks aboard the Liberty in 2014 we did a nice long stint with Princess and I'm so glad we did because we now also love to cruise Princess too....It's not good to put all your eggs in one basket... it's best to diversify, just in case. :D

Edited by robandana

Heck, we did exactly what they hoped for years back when the D's got "tossed out of the CL." We moved from JS to GS and haven't looked back. We came close a few times once we made D+ BUT it wasn't just the CL that kept us in a GS - the real estate, the breakfast, the disembarkation, even the suite area at the pool (although that's a whole other consistent inconsistency!)

We've never done the DL for happy hour - always too crowded and clique-ish - although we have popped into the nicer ones for coffee in the AM.

But as many have said, all this gnashing of teeth and tearing of garments over rumors. Now people are upset that they will be running the cards in the DL at HH. Well, it's because enough people took complete advantage of parking themselves in there and drinking as much as possible in 3 hours that Royal is looking at the numbers. Sounds like good business to me.

Heck, we did exactly what they hoped for years back when the D's got "tossed out of the CL." We moved from JS to GS and haven't looked back. We came close a few times once we made D+ BUT it wasn't just the CL that kept us in a GS - the real estate, the breakfast, the disembarkation, even the suite area at the pool (although that's a whole other consistent inconsistency!)

We've never done the DL for happy hour - always too crowded and clique-ish - although we have popped into the nicer ones for coffee in the AM.

But as many have said, all this gnashing of teeth and tearing of garments over rumors. Now people are upset that they will be running the cards in the DL at HH. Well, it's because enough people took complete advantage of parking themselves in there and drinking as much as possible in 3 hours that Royal is looking at the numbers. Sounds like good business to me.

Not really sure they are all just rumors at this point....seems to be happening already on the Liberty and Explorer...looks pretty real to me....:eek:

Edited by robandana

Agree 100%. Over the years there have been quite a few windbags, with self declared importance, very vocal about leaving and never coming back to Royal but.....as you stated...the bulk of participants and Loyal to Royal's on this board won't take ANY business to ANY other cruiseline when or if Royal takes away their benefits.

They ain't going nowhere.

I have. I started with RCCL in 1973, and I love them. The perks are great as an upper D+, but if they don't offer the cruise itinerary at the price we are interested in paying, we will go with Princess, Celebrity, HAL, and I'm stepping out of my comfort zone next year with NCL.

Word from someone on independence right now is that 'something' is happening in the card room... Rumours flying about are that it might be the creation of a suite lounge. Doing the transatlantic on May 1st so will be interesting to see how this all works out

Scrubber install? It's tied up card room on Freedom for over a year.

I actually started looking at MSC yesterday and checked out the status match. Very interesting...Thanks bunches

Make sure you do your research before you book on MSC. We just returned from the MSC Divina and while the ship was very nice I managed to lose 3.5 pounds over the 7 days because I couldn't find anything that was edible. We basically survived on pizza the whole week (BTW we are not foodies and I will usually eat almost anything). We also did the match program to get the black level status but it in no way compares to Royal D or D+ lots of fine print.

Make sure you do your research before you book on MSC. We just returned from the MSC Divina and while the ship was very nice I managed to lose 3.5 pounds over the 7 days because I couldn't find anything that was edible. We basically survived on pizza the whole week (BTW we are not foodies and I will usually eat almost anything). We also did the match program to get the black level status but it in no way compares to Royal D or D+ lots of fine print.

Very interesting. I've maintained but never lost weight on a cruise.

Can you elaborate some more on the Black Card perks....and small print?

I am interested in maybe booking an MSC Cruise and also a D+.

Thanks in advance.