Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

It doesn't matter if the CL was originally for suite guests. That's the past, just as when life jackets were required at the lifeboat drill, smoking was allowed in cabins and dress code was enforced on formal nights.

Times change and the history may be interesting, but really irrelevant to what is happening now.

The fact is that D+ members have had access to the CL for years. Taking that away cannot be justified by claiming a return to the way it was 20 (or whatever) years ago. Would you also justify a return to the smoking rules of 20 years ago? I think not!

Bring back the liquor rules. :D

“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.” - Tupac

Actually, this works for most threads

Edited by John&LaLa

It doesn't matter if the CL was originally for suite guests. That's the past, just as when life jackets were required at the lifeboat drill, smoking was allowed in cabins and dress code was enforced on formal nights.

Times change and the history may be interesting, but really irrelevant to what is happening now.

The fact is that D+ members have had access to the CL for years. Taking that away cannot be justified by claiming a return to the way it was 20 (or whatever) years ago. Would you also justify a return to the smoking rules of 20 years ago? I think not!

I'm afraid that you read unintended things into my post. I certainly was not suggesting that things revert to the way they were twenty years ago I was merely pointing out the irony in a post that suggested suite guests be expelled from a lounge that was originally intended for them. If changing the CL to a SL on the Liberty is an omen of things to come I'm sure RCCL feels they have ample reasons to make the changes and going retro is not one of them.

Edited by Don Pedro

"The fact is that D+ members have had access to the CL for years. Taking that away cannot be justified by claiming a return to the way it was 20 (or whatever) years ago." TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!

Countdown to May 1

Enhancements&ship=Royal Caribbean

Hey, it works :)

100% agree. Let this day come quickly, so this speculation can come to an end. I'm thinking the mods are letting this thread go on for comedic reasons.

I like the countdown too.:)

100% agree. Let this day come quickly, so this speculation can come to an end. I'm thinking the mods are letting this thread go on for comedic reasons.

I like the countdown too.:)

They are going to lock it in the 990's ;)

C&A rewards/perks can be changed at any given point and time. The Ds had access to the CL for a while and they lost it, literally followed by figuratively. The same could/might/will happen to the D+ cruisers in days depending on who you believe.

Time will tell.

They are going to lock it in the 990's ;)

Perhaps they will shoot the horse, before it is beat to death.;)

In reality though on May 1st this thread should be locked, to start one of the two possible threads listed below.

1. Fellow Diamond Members -- Who's Leving with me on the Mass Exodus from the CL as well as leaving RCL?
  2. May 1, 2016 -- No change to C&A -- the Doomsday Clock Has Stopped

One of these two will be at the top of the boards in 5 days, 8 hours and however many seconds.

Hate to say it, but if a majority of cruisers were smokers and demanded smoking throughout the ship else they'd leave for other cruise lines that allowed it, RCL would have to make that call else risk losing a majority of market share.

And I agree with you... has nothing to do with the past... has to do with right now. And right now with cruising becoming a common place vacation rather than luxury vacation, there's been an exponential rise (not linear) in the amount of high level cruisers who can (and definitely do) cruise often.

I'm not sure how much, if any, will show up on the Benefits' Page on May 1. The Welcome Aboard Gift Basket was showing up on the lead page of the Benefits for over six months after they switched to the pouch. I mentioned this to Aurora "Laly" Yera-Rodriguez after talking to her about another subject and the next day it was finally gone.

The Welcome Back Event took several days to disappear from the benefits page after the blue anchor was removed from that row.

Many ships, if not all, will be in mid-cruise on May 1 and will wait until turn-around day to make the change of CL --> SL. I was told this would be the case for the Brilliance.

The special meal (Captains' Table or Sp Restaurant) for Pinnacles may not be published, similar to the specialty restaurant for each milestone at, and after, 1400 points. It (the Pinnacle Meal) was in the e-mail to the executives on the Brilliance.

There was a mention of a few other changes/enhancements, but nothing specific was given to me.

I expect these changes to occur on the ships on, or around, May 1, but without any fanfare from Royal Caribbean.

I'm board Brilliance tomorrow for TA, but someone already onboard has said the CL/DL will be held in the Colony Club for the TA, since there are so many D,D+, and Pinnacles.

Perhaps they will shoot the horse, before it is beat to death.;)

In reality though on May 1st this thread should be locked, to start one of the two possible threads listed below.

1. Fellow Diamond Members -- Who's Leving with me on the Mass Exodus from the CL as well as leaving RCL?
  2. May 1, 2016 -- No change to C&A -- the Doomsday Clock Has Stopped

One of these two will be at the top of the boards in 5 days, 8 hours and however many seconds.

We need one of those DefCon rating systems. I think we're at DefCon 2 now

That's like the countdown to armageddon based on how many on here are reacting.

IT IS STILL 3 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

DoomsdayClock

DoomsdayClock_black_3mins_regmark.jpg?itok=reGMvIQq

2016: "Last year, the Science and Security Board moved the Doomsday Clock forward to three minutes to midnight, noting: 'The probability of global catastrophe is very high, and the actions needed to reduce the risks of disaster must be taken very soon.' That probability has not been reduced. The Clock ticks. Global danger looms. Wise leaders of RC should act—immediately." See the full statement from the Science and Security Board on the 2016 time of the Doomsday Clock.

EDIT: This is a joke, the world will not come to and end if there are changes to the C&A Loyalty Program. There is a chance of localized implosions though.

Edited by A&L_Ont