Speciality dining discounts

Pjran

I haven't sailed with Celebrity for a while and the last time we were offered discounted dining whilst attending a wine tasting. The lovely couple on our wine tasting table told me to ask for half price rather than the discount being offered, so I did and the waiter agreed. Do you think this half price deal is still available please? We're not sailing until October and would love to try the other dining options again.

I haven't sailed with Celebrity for a while and the last time we were offered discounted dining whilst attending a wine tasting. The lovely couple on our wine tasting table told me to ask for half price rather than the discount being offered, so I did and the waiter agreed. Do you think this half price deal is still available please? We're not sailing until October and would love to try the other dining options again.

Just got off the Summit yesterday. Qsine and Tuscan Grill will "wheel and deal" to get people to try them. Easy to get half price. Best deals are on day of arrival and very early days of week. By midweek their bookings fill up and deals are gone. Yes we loved both Qsine and Tuscan.:)

You can usually get a discount on the first night. It can be 20% and up to 50% depending on which class you are sailing. After that, it depends on the laws of supply and demand. We could not get a discount after the first night on a recent cruise. Sometimes, you can score a discount at an early dining time or very late. So if you have a special occasion or want a specific time, then book before you leave.

We requested a 30% discount at Silk Harvest; didn't think I could ask for 50% off ... but maybe will try that next time around. :D

They must not have been selling out as there was a 30% discount offered for almost any night of the cruise in our daily newspaper for both Silk Harvest and Tuscan Grille.

On our 18-day S. Pacific cruise on Millennium recently, we took advantage of a talked-about 2/1 discount to Qsine. Perhaps it was offered at lunchtime when the specialty desk outside OceanView was manned. We heard about it from fellow diners. One said they asked if they could go again on the 2/1 special and were told, "any time you wish." When we asked if the special was still available, it was halfway through the cruise, and we were told it was good only for port days. We had 3 left, so we took advantage of the offer.

As others have said, just ask. Can't hurt!!

We LOVED Qsine!

Returned Apr. 17 from a 14 day cruise on the Eclipse, we asked about a 2/1 at Murano and was told yes for a group of 6. After our meal was completed we were told that we could book another night in Murano and again we could have the 2/1. Both meals were fabulous and the sevice was impeccable !!

I was sitting at the Pool Bar on the Eclipse just a couple of days after Easter when a Tuscan employee came up and asked if I would like a 30 percent discount that evening at Tuscan.

I told him that I would accept a 60 percent discount at Tuscan or 50 percent at Murano. He said the 60 percent was too much but accepted my offer of 50 percent discount at Murano.

That lobster in cream sauce prepared tableside tasted even better at half price!

Just ask - be friendly- and be prepared for a great meal at a deep discount.

On the Reflection transatlantic we just left a few days ago they had someone from Tuscan Grill offering 50% off as we returned from our port excursion on the last night of the cruise. We took it. :D

We got to sit at the aft window enjoying our meal, as we sailed away from the port, a spectacular way to end a cruise!! Best sail away ever!

We are currently on Shilouette on the 9 night Norway, Denmark & Sweden. Today is our final day, but during the week, the following were specials offered: "Specialty 3 Dinner Package" - Qsine +Tusan+Bistro on 5 = $60 per person ($40 savings)

they also had a special on Qsine for 30% off

I think it depends on how the bookings are going. We were in a suite, so we had two dinners for free - we chose Murano and Tuscan. Next time it is Murano and Murano.

So it sounds like the "Specialty 3 Dinner Package" is a good deal UNTIL you see some getting individual restaurants for 50%, instead of 40% off. And do you have to have dinner in Bistro, or could it be lunch?

We receive the Lawn Grill at 50% off the first night, when we were booked in AQ/Blu.

Thanks for your replies, seems offers are still available.

What is the usual price per person for the specialty restaurants please? Last time we sailed Bistro on 5 was $5 and I can't remember the Italian restaurants price but do recall having a fabulous meal.

I just returned from a TA on the Silhouette.

All through the 13 day cruise they were offering 2 for 1 deals. It seemed soon as you sat in the Oceanview, they were on you with a ipod ready to book your reservation.

I honestly wish that Celebrity would get the message that their specialty dining venues are worth about $25 PP, no more. Price them at that and they would be filled and there would be no need for discounts. Price them at $50 and you will get a few un-initiated but then they will need to beat the bushes to fill the seats. And still there will be empty tables, which we found on Millennium a month or so ago.

We've dined in specialties probably 40 times over the years. Never have paid full price and never would consider it. Remembering that you are leaving a decent (and sometimes excellent) meal in the MDR that you have paid for uneaten, makes paying exorbitant prices for specialties silly.

Edited by ECCruise

Our experience is that it is very much related to how bookings are going with better chances of a discount on a longer cruise than a shorter (7 days or less) one. Also, on an overnight stop. Never harms to ask though!

Anyone have information on what kind of discounts are offered for the Lawn Grill? Thanks.

It will depend on supply and demand. On our Reflection cruise we asked daily and there were no discounts at Lawn Club. They showed us and they were almost full for the week by the second morning. We finally booked on the second to last day at full price. Still, we enjoyed it but after reading on these boards about all the discounts it was frustrating there were no discounts being offered. The other restaurants were all being discounted.

We were approached at the oceanview cafe by a Qsine waiter offering the 50% off recently on Millennium. We booked, and several times after that dinner she came again offering the same discount. We declined, as our meals in Blu were outstanding.

I agree that the prices are too high.

I'm just off the Eclipse TA and got a 50% off discount in Murano the night of embarkation. Could not get 50% off in Tuscan Grill that nite, but Murano was fabulous. Evening we stayed late in Lisbon, also 50% off's but didn't stay around to check out which ones, they were so keen to put our names down. So check your itinerary for similar situations.