No more DD on Anthem

You know, the internets haven't been around forever. We used to just show up and smile. Very few preconceived notions

Ah back in the day when there were midnight buffets, chocolate on your pillow, fixed dining with table side preparations and where we dressed up each night.

Back then we didn't need the Internet, fortunately - accountants and marketing didn't run the ship or the experience - the captain did.

Basing this on the response that the info is "old"...

Could that indeed be a correct response, and the change actually might have been scheduled to happen, but they changed their minds and now it's not?

I understand that the UK got the info from somewhere, but maybe it is indeed old info that was written up when they first pondered the idea of abandoning DD, but after further investigation, decided to leave DD as is?

... Could that indeed be a correct response, and the change actually might have been scheduled to happen, but they changed their minds and now it's not? ...

From what Patti reported from the ship, the folks that talked to her 2-3 weeks ago seemed very sure that a change was going to be made. However she later reported that they backed off from the change. It sure sounds like a change of mind to me.

I think it's funny that this never ends! We're on the first full cruise in May so we'll see (May 5).

We were really looking forward to Dynamic Dining Classic but I guess we'll have a good time in spite of it. Note, I'm really being sarcastic... I haven't been on a cruise I didn't love yet. Can't wait, one week to go.

This kinda reminds me of a few years ago when Emerald was added to the loyalty levels.

Someone was in the Baltimore port and took a picture of the sign that said Emerald. Didn't Royal deny it at first? Then a few days later it was announced? I could be remembering incorrectly, but this is what it remind me of.

This kinda reminds me of a few years ago when Emerald was added to the loyalty levels.

Someone was in the Baltimore port and took a picture of the sign that said Emerald. Didn't Royal deny it at first? Then a few days later it was announced? I could be remembering incorrectly, but this is what it remind me of.

Wasn't there another sign too, something like Black Diamond?

I hope RC is not moving toward making all Solarium restaurants for suite guests. One of the reasons we disliked NCL was the way they treat suite guests at the expense of those of us steerage passengers.

The Solarium has only 1 restaurant called Solarium Bistro which anyone can go to. I will not comment on rumors. Currently Coastal Kitchen is only for Suite and Pinnacle guests.

The Solarium has only 1 restaurant called Solarium Bistro which anyone can go to. I will not comment on rumors. Currently Coastal Kitchen is only for Suite and Pinnacle guests.

And JS starting this weekend

We were in a JS on Oasis in November and could eat in Coastal Kitchen

If I remember correctly, Oasis was allowing JS guests to have dinner in Coastal Kitchen from the time CK was installed. It was Allure that was not allowing JS guests in CK.

Feedback I have gotten from friends indicated that they did not like it as much as traditional dining. They are avid cruisers and I trust their opinion as accurate.

We started with the Traditional Dining on a ship with no alternative venues (other than the buffet and the pool cafe). Now all the ships have restaurants and we have slowly migrated to the specialty restaurants. Our experience has been better as time goes on.

However, that being said, we miss the tablemates for a cruise. Whether Traditional or Dynamic, or both, we are still cruising! And we have more options as time goes on.

If I remember correctly, Oasis was allowing JS guests to have dinner in Coastal Kitchen from the time CK was installed. It was Allure that was not allowing JS guests in CK.

That's right. We were in a JS on Allure in the Med in June and they didn't allow it but they did on Oasis in the Caribbean in November. There was some talk that they would allow it once Allure got back over to FL

FYI, JS, SJS and FJS have been able to have dinner all along even on Quantum.

I've eaten there on Oasis while staying in a JS, I was just saying it's official now. ;)

From the Website Deck Plans on all 3 Oasis ships

Coastal Kitchen

Exclusively for guests in Grand Suites and above as well as Pinnacle members, a fresh new fusion of California cool and Med-inspired taste.

And from Anthem

Coastal Kitchen

Exclusively for suite guests, a fresh new fusion of California cool and Med-inspired taste.

This one is a little vague, but the original dining descriptions on Quantum did say JS were welcome.

Allure has been iffy from what I've read here

Edited by John&LaLa

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedosr View Post

Dear Mr. ----------:

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding Dynamic Dining. We appreciate hearing from you and we welcome the opportunity to address your concerns.

We pride ourselves on always pushing the boundaries of innovation and creating amenities and experiences that exceed the expectations of our guests. We have some exciting plans to enhance the overall dining experience for you and all our guests on Anthem of the Seas and across our entire fleet. These enhancements are being made after careful consideration of our guests’ feedback and desires to have the widest range of flexibility and choice. We will be revealing the details of the program in the first week of May and will be sure to contact you personally to assist you with any questions you might have.

Mr. -----------, thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Nelson Frau

Executive Guest Relations

Executive Office