No more DD on Anthem

Currently on Anthem and have been providing updates on this ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining? thread since we boarded on March 27. DD Classic and DD Choice will not be eliminated on Anthem on April 30, 2016.

Each of the 4 complimentary restaurants will be getting a third menu, so there will be Menus A, B and C and they should be in place sometime the end of May.

Yes, this is the news release that started this thread. On another thread there is a news release refuting this. Hopefully those on the April 30th cruise will figure out where reality is. Or if not that one, I will be on the Anthem May 5th and will know what is happening then. Not the future, though!

Reminds me of that old saying "doesn't matter what you call me, just don't call me late for dinner" Now it's "Don't care what you call it, just let me eat dinner" However, I might have gone with MTD if there wasn't going to be DD Classic.

MommaBear55, I'll see you on the 5/5! Hopefully with DD! If not, then I know it will all work out just fine. Who knows, maybe if the change is made and there is no DD, they will throw in a free specialty restaurant or try to make up for it another way if people are upset.

Currently on Anthem and have been providing updates on this ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining? thread since we boarded on March 27. DD Classic and DD Choice will not be eliminated on Anthem on April 30, 2016.

Each of the 4 complimentary restaurants will be getting a third menu, so there will be Menus A, B and C and they should be in place sometime the end of May.

Thanks Patti. Maybe the third menu is the "exciting" part that was mentioned by Royal earlier.

How did you get them to email you your table number and rotation schedule?

I emailed to request a table size/location for my 5/14 sailing, and the response I got was she would forward it to the ship.

I also emailed them and got a response about a week ago for this Saturday's sailing. I think you will hear back with the info when it gets closer. :D

It was 5:30 on our March Anthem cruise, but on our cruise planner, it gave a range: 5:30-6:00pm. We showed up some time within that range (since we were a table for 2 and didn't have tablemates to consider). We liked the rotational dining concept!

OK that's good to know. I asked when I emailed my table request and they did tell me I could get there between 5:30-6 but then I asked about that on cc and the responses basically made me feel like I was being rude not showing up at 5:30 :o We have a table for 4 with our friends, so we wouldn't be holding up anyone else (except the waiter) :D I don't want to be like all those people we always talk about that stroll into the dining room very late lol

Thanks Patti. Maybe the third menu is the "exciting" part that was mentioned by Royal earlier.

Well we will see if they send me the follow up email as they said they would when they told me in the letter I posted about the "exciting changes" coming!

Thanks Patti. A 3rd menu in the restaurants might just be a good solution. It was very repetitive on 12 night cruising. Do hope you are still enjoying it all. It's been back to winter here in NY. Enjoy the sunshine. Perhaps when you do get off, a real Spring will be in bloom. Vicki

OK that's good to know. I asked when I emailed my table request and they did tell me I could get there between 5:30-6 but then I asked about that on cc and the responses basically made me feel like I was being rude not showing up at 5:30 :o We have a table for 4 with our friends, so we wouldn't be holding up anyone else (except the waiter) :D I don't want to be like all those people we always talk about that stroll into the dining room very late lol

As long as you are not a foursome that lingers for eons over your coffee, you will be fine, since you are a self-contained table. Second seating isn't until 8:30, instead of the usual 5:30 & 8 setup.

Thanks Patti. A 3rd menu in the restaurants might just be a good solution. It was very repetitive on 12 night cruising. Do hope you are still enjoying it all. It's been back to winter here in NY. Enjoy the sunshine. Perhaps when you do get off, a real Spring will be in bloom. Vicki

You're welcome.

Our experience with DD Choice was that there are 2 menus for each of the 4 complimentary restaurants. The rotation order on a 12 night cruise is Menu A is the first 4 nights, Menu B is the second 4 nights, Back to Menu A for 2 nights and then Menu B for the last 2 nights.

On a 10 night cruise it was Menu A for the first 4 nights, Menu B for the second 4 Nights, then Menu A for 1 Night and Menu B for the last night.

Edited by cruisenfever

Yes but it's the same company that denied there was any mechanical damage to the Anthem after cruising through the storm.

And the same that tells you Sold Out just means they are working on inventory maintenance. ;):rolleyes:

I was on the Anthem in Feb. I was invited to be on a focus group via email. We met the first sea day and the last. We rated our dining experiences and then had discussion. The group size was approximately 15 people. They gave us 100.00 obc. Royal hired an outside company to come in to do the groups. I don't know how many groups total met, but I do know there were quite a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruisenfever, thanks for clarifying the menu rotation.

We'll be on the May 5th, 9 night cruise with a reserved table (classic) of 12 at 8:30. Can't wait! DH is looking forward to the different menus and dining room rotation offered on Anthem.

Cruisenfever, thanks for clarifying the menu rotation.

We'll be on the May 5th, 9 night cruise with a reserved table (classic) of 12 at 8:30. Can't wait! DH is looking forward to the different menus and dining room rotation offered on Anthem.

Please come back and report - I am on the same itinerary as you but in June, You are on the first cruise of this itinerary for this ship. Would love to see compasses if at all possible when you return

Jonj , will do, I have a mission now! My friend saved the compasses from her 12 night in March. Although not the same cruise, it had interesting tidbits.

I need to take photos of the menus and meals too. I never did this before, hhaha... We'll see.

I'm sailing in November and had to choose my times in each of the complementary restaurants. Is there going to be only 1 main dining room (early or late seating) now? I would prefer this.

It appears that Royal has backed away from changing the dining on Anthem. However, you should be able to choose Dynamic Classic for fixed time dining. Contact whoever booked your cruise and ask to change, and if your desired choice is full, ask to get on the wait list.

It appears that Royal has backed away from changing the dining on Anthem. However, you should be able to choose Dynamic Classic for fixed time dining. Contact whoever booked your cruise and ask to change, and if your desired choice is full, ask to get on the wait list.

Did I miss something, isn't something exciting happening next week.

Did I miss something, isn't something exciting happening next week.

Yes, and I've been in a tizzy ever since I heard.

Seriously, Patti did mention that they were going to three menus per restaurant per cruise instead of two.