No more DD on Anthem

When I called C&A a few weeks ago to address this, I was assured that they had not heard a thing and that NOTHING would be changing without at least a few months' notice. They guy specifically said to me, "We have learned from our past mistakes and would never try to implement something without enough lead time/advance notice." ??? OH, REALLY?

I'm on the May 5 sailing & I'm trying to stay calm about this, but I will definitely scream at them...and loudly...if this is true. This is not what I signed up for. Would I have still booked Anthem w/out DD? Maybe, maybe not.

Take this with a grain of salt as this is 2nd (or 3rd hand), but a friend of mine who has the Anthem booked checked with her travel agent. The Travel agent just got back and said RC officially told them this the information getting out is 'old' and that DD will not be going away.

So what is the real story? Is this a case of the info getting leaked too early? Would RC still keep telling travel agents that currently nothing is changing and to ignore the reports?

I need to vent:

:mad::mad::mad:

Our last family cruise was on NCL'S Breakaway. We were blown away with the different venues every night and anytime we wanted. It was amazing. On our Anthem cruise in October, is another family cruise and we were all so excited that RCCL was doing the same. NOW, with all of the whiners and complainers it's GONE. Barely even had a chance. NCL has been doing this for YEARS AND YEARS and they are great at it. No one even wanted to give RCCL a chance to perfect it. So, to all of the complainers YOU WON.

We are booked on the June 2 sailing and have already reserved dining venues and times. Does this mean that what we currently have reserved is null and void? Hope this is just a rumor and they aren't changing horses in the middle of the stream!

The 1 thing that really upsets me is the Solarium Bistro ....

Very inconvenient for those enjoying that area and being denied entry :mad:

I will say, that on my 22 days on Anthem this winter, the Solarium Bistro was never full. It didn't seem that many people either knew about it or wanted to eat there.

(I am talking about dinner.)

We are booked on the June 2 sailing and have already reserved dining venues and times. Does this mean that what we currently have reserved is null and void? Hope this is just a rumor and they aren't changing horses in the middle of the stream!

The change has been denied by the company.

One other thing, if really true, it would be the end of DD fleetwide not just Anthem. Once Ovation gets to Asia it will join Quantum in having whatever they call it out there (Cosmopolitan) and DD (as a term to refer to dining) is officially dead.

When I called C&A a few weeks ago to address this, I was assured that they had not heard a thing and that NOTHING would be changing without at least a few months' notice. They guy specifically said to me, "We have learned from our past mistakes and would never try to implement something without enough lead time/advance notice." ??? OH, REALLY?

I'm on the May 5 sailing & I'm trying to stay calm about this, but I will definitely scream at them...and loudly...if this is true. This is not what I signed up for. Would I have still booked Anthem w/out DD? Maybe, maybe not.

What RC does and what they should do for their customers should not come as a surprise. " Advanced notifications" are not in their CS manual. During my planning for the Anthem cruise I found a disconnect what the experience should be and what RC doing to achieve it. A week ago I got off the Anthem. DD does not work truly as intended: reservations are lost, till 7 restaurants are full, then most of them stay at about 25% full till about 8, then they are full again. At Grande and Silk food came cold. Second time at Grande we ask waiter up from to make sure to bring HOT food. Service second time was much better. A lot of people eat at WJ. We had no problem with booking specialty restaurants for the time we wanted.

This is very odd!

First, we hear all of these rumors, for say, the last month.

Then, their travel agent portal in the UK confirms exactly the changes we've been hearing.

Then, the company denies any changes.

I almost wonder if they communicate between offices with hand written letters, delivered by carrier pigeon, because their communication is just awful.

I'm guessing all of it is 100% true and RCI UK office just published it a little too early...

And now they want to keep with their original plan to release in the first week of May and will deny the rumors til then.

Edited by cot427

Please say it ain't true. I want to try DD on Anthem. I want the various menus. I do not want the standard fleetwide menu. This is why we book Anthem. Please don't take that away from us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember being excited about Oasis getting DD, and rumor was Freedom as well. I got over it.

I for one am hoping that solarium bistro joins CK for the suite guests since they promised CK to the JS as well next week. Somethings go to give.

The Harmony TA should have close to 400 Suite Class passengers as well as over 100 PC members. Good luck getting into CK for dinner. :eek:

It took me forever to get my mom's reservations set for August 25th sailing, including one night at Solarium Bistro. And of course that was without being able to book any entertainment either.

Why is that bad?

With two seatings, the MDR is roughly 1/2 the number sailing, and with MTD just half of that (sometimes less) that would be 1/4 of those sailing.

Like regular dining, I'm sure they plan/schedule two or 3 seatings per table per night.

Seems pretty typical to me. Letting half the ship be MTD seems just fine.

Unfortunately Anthem does not have the seating capacity in the 4 venues that a traditional ship has in the MDR with two seatings. Not sure about the Delta, but i thought it was fairly large. I guess they added a couple of tables. ;)