Drink Retrieval Husband

Hi folks, my wife and I just purchased our first drink package - Premium but we have a question we hoped you could help us out.

Typically I run and get us a glass of wine while we are getting ready for dinner - while she gets ready as she tends to take a little longer :) Usually enjoying it on the balcony or in the room.

How can I get two drinks...one on her package and one one mine without her being there? I thought I could just take her card with me....or did I just make it harder for us to have some flexibility when I but my wife drinks with the package.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything and I'm typically the one who runs to gets drinks and bring them back to wherever we are enjoying ourselves.

A little off topic but, do the bartenders need to swipe your Seapass? If you go to the same bar often and get to know the bartender he/she is going to know you (and your spouse) have the drink package. Can he/she just pour two drinks or does he need to swipe a Seapass for inventory/accountability issues?

A little off topic but, do the bartenders need to swipe your Seapass? If you go to the same bar often and get to know the bartender he/she is going to know you (and your spouse) have the drink package. Can he/she just pour two drinks or does he need to swipe a Seapass for inventory/accountability issues?

They swipe the card every time from my experience.

As others have stated, just take both Seapass cards to the bar with you. We do it all the time: "we" being me running to get drinks for the both of us! :p

Dan.

I have done it for my DW with just her card. She only gets the Royal Replentish (virgin drinks etc) so typically there isn't a slip to sign. If there is one I just do her initials and add a $1 tip. In my experiences they have never questioned the name on the card. I have also been only getting the one drink as well. I suspect if I got more than one they would be asking a question or two.

Edited by A&L_Ont

This is what we use our 2 allotted bottles of wine for. While each of us takes a shower and dresses, the other one is on the balcony enjoying a glass of wine.:)

This is exactly what we have done in the past and it was our backup plan...but since we were paying for the package and our room is very close to the bar we discussed not bothering to bring it this trip. (That and she would prefer Prosecco if it's included anyway.) Then she asked me the question above and I was clueless how it would work.

Thanks for everyone's response...I'll bring her pass with me to the bar for our before dinner beverage...in less than 2 weeks on Adventure of the Seas!

As others have stated, just take both Seapass cards to the bar with you. We do it all the time: "we" being me running to get drinks for the both of us! :p

Dan.

Whew, glad I'm not alone...she actually calls me DRH...Drink Retrieval Husband...when she wants a drink!

Just bring both cards with you to the bar no problem.

We had four of us on our last cruise and each person would take a turn getting the round and would bring all four cards to the bar for 4 drinks. no questions ever asked.

One reason is that suppose after a couple of days you decide to cancel the package. They would refund what you paid but charge for drinks you have had.

:confused:

Hi,

Don't forget when you take troubles seapass card you will need to have a card in the electricity slot just by the door, any credit card will do or similar.

Pete

How come??:)

One reason is that suppose after a couple of days you decide to cancel the package. They would refund what you paid but charge for drinks you have had.

Although if you go to guest services at the end of the cruise and ask for a printout of all the drinks you had during the cruise (with package) they will tell you that they cannot because the system doesn't keep track of them. (which I still doubt)

:confused:

How come??:)

If you are on a ship with a card slot inside your cabin by the door, it needs a card in it to have the power on. They expect you to insert your Seapass when you come in and take it when you leave. If you take both cards, no lights, no tv in the room.we keep an old Blockbuster card to keep in the slot. When we leave, we pull it halfway up so the lights go out. The steward pushes it down when he comes in and halfway back up when he leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you are on a ship with a card slot inside your cabin by the door, it needs a card in it to have the power on. They expect you to insert your Seapass when you come in and take it when you leave. If you take both cards, no lights, no tv in the room.we keep an old Blockbuster card to keep in the slot. When we leave, we pull it halfway up so the lights go out. The steward pushes it down when he comes in and halfway back up when he leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

30 or so cruises and haven't a clue what you are talking about. Never have seen a card slot inside cabin by the door on any Roayl, Celebrity, Princess or any other cruise line. Man, am I confused??????

30 or so cruises and haven't a clue what you are talking about. Never have seen a card slot inside cabin by the door on any Roayl, Celebrity, Princess or any other cruise line. Man, am I confused??????

A number of lines have a slot by the door which requires a card to be inserted for the power to be on in the cabin. The idea is to save on electricity: you leave your cabin with your room card and you can't leave the lights, tv, etc. on. However, as most people quickly realized, you can use just about any credit-card sized card, not just your room card. Of course, this defeats the whole purpose of having the system in the first place, so I don't know whether lines will continue installing them, or perhaps modify the readers so that only room cards will work.

The only ship I've seen them on is the Regal Princess. We just used a store discount card - anything will do really.

Hi folks, my wife and I just purchased our first drink package - Premium but we have a question we hoped you could help us out.

Typically I run and get us a glass of wine while we are getting ready for dinner - while she gets ready as she tends to take a little longer :) Usually enjoying it on the balcony or in the room.

How can I get two drinks...one on her package and one one mine without her being there? I thought I could just take her card with me....or did I just make it harder for us to have some flexibility when I but my wife drinks with the package.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything and I'm typically the one who runs to gets drinks and bring them back to wherever we are enjoying ourselves.

Both cards no worries.