If you could have a conference call the Celebrity VP of Sales?

Why not make stockholders benefits combinable with other promotional OBCs. Why wasn't existing Captains Circle members status protected in the changes to the loyalty program. These matters is what drove us away from Celebrity.

1, Website

2. Simplify the promotions

3. Website

4. Proofread your press releases, promotional materials, terms & conditions

5. Website

Oh, and don't forget the website!

If you could have conference call with the Celebrity VP of Sales and Marketing, what comments would you have for him.

Positive and Negative feedback, Areas for improvement?

Do away with the new pricing structure that incorporates promotions and give us just the low price. X's prices have mushroomed.

I would like to see a North Cape of Norway cruise.

Do away with the new pricing structure that incorporates promotions and give us just the low price. X's prices have mushroomed...

And for the most part ships still sail full...They would take your complaint as a compliment!

I remember when someone in marketing had the idea for a contest and the prize was a free cruise in a Reflection Suite on one of the ships that didn't have a Reflection Suite.

And then there was the time when the "non alcoholic beverage package" included coffee drinks with alcohol in them.

The website has listed the wrong specialty restaurants for different ships.

For a while, the UK website still referenced formal nights, even after the introduction of "chic" nights.

And just a couple of days ago, a new promotion had, for a few hours, two perks when there should have been only one. Then someone noticed the error and it was corrected.

That's what I mean by proofread!

And have a look at this bit of copy from the website:

"Michael's Club

A private lounge for those in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. This luxurious club features a large-screen TV, reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers, and books, a premium continental breakfast, light lunch, and self-service snacks. Pre-dinner drinks are complimentary between 5:30 and 8 PM daily. "

No mention of Sky Suites

Drinks are complimentary all day long

And has anyone ever seen a premium continental breakfast or a light lunch served in Michael's Club?

Or this, also from the Connie's web pages:

"Bistro on Five

The open kitchen provides its own bit of theatre, night and day. Stop by whenever you wish; Bistro on Five is open from six o'clock in the morning until late at night. "

Six a.m.? Don't think so!

And this, from the Eclipse webpages:

"Cellar Masters

Try a bold collection of both familiar and unknown wines from around the world in this inviting wine bar. To help you explore, we feature the state-of-the-art Enomatic® wine-by-the-glass dispensing system. "

The enomatic machines were pulled out about a year ago.

Oh, and speaking of the Eclipse, the photo of the lawn club on that ship's page is of the Lawn Club Grill. There is no Lawn Club Grill on Eclipse.

And finally, from the Reflection pages:

"The first AquaClass® Suites, Reflection Suites and Signature Suites in our fleet make their debut on Celebrity ReflectionSM along with an enhanced Spa® filled with some of the hottest (and coolest) spa innovations around."

The Aqua Class Suites are gone, turned into Sky Suites.

Proofread! Fact check! Don't write it if it isn't accurate!

Stop using false statements in marketing materials. I.e. There has been no locally sourced food for Luminae while in Europe, last season and now this.

How about "Free" perks?

Three meals a day in Luminae?

Best offer ever?

Do away with the new pricing structure that incorporates promotions and give us just the low price.

To my mind, bundle pricing via "Go Big, Go Better, Go Best" should be an option for those who want it but it shouldn't be a requirement--with related upcharge--for those who find similar Captain's Club benefits more than ample or who just don't want/need the amenities but want to continue to sail in an outside stateroom...

My personal slant is a bit different... I am a solo cruiser--paying a 100% single supplement--and am not the least bit interested in paying dearly for things like drink packages [for two], prepaid gratuities [for two], and/or unlimited internet access [for two] that I'll never see... And then--it's not a boast, it's a fact--I'll be one cruise shy [which I haven't booked yet as a result of bundle pricing] of attaining Zenith status [with access to Michael's Club, a drink package of choice, and essentially unlimited internet] in Captain's Club--when I complete my B2B on Equinox in early October... In essence, Bundle Pricing causes me to pay a second time--for half the associated benefits; I'm used to that but Bundle Pricing jacks up the increment--that I've already paid for generously via my loyalty...

I usually have four/five future cruise reservations "in the hopper" but, ironically, not now/not under the current pricing scheme... To my mind, Celebrity leadership needs to reevaluate their "one size fits all/appeals to all" approach... It's not always revenue-enhancing as they may be alienating [i'd like to think it's unintentional]--some of their strongest devotees who, for a whole variety of reasons/personal perspectives, don't want/don't need the extras... And frankly, I'm weary of getting the "exceptional value" hype from reservationists who just don't get "it" from a guest perspective--it can become a debate--when asked about non-inclusive fares; it's disrespectful...

And for the most part ships still sail full...They would take your complaint as a compliment!

Perhaps, but unfortunately, the higher prices make X less competitive and that may result in my going elsewhere.

Look for exciting deals, senior discounts, residency discounts. They usually do not require the BBB nonsense. Not in all cases.

I acknowledge that in some cases the BBB can be a good deal, but not that often.

If you could have conference call with the Celebrity VP of Sales and Marketing, what comments would you have for him.

Positive and Negative feedback, Areas for improvement?

Most of my conference calls usually go like this:

"check your mute button. check your mute button, the one on your phone. is the red light next to the mute button on or off? try pressing it... press it, no, I think you pressed the wrong button, press the mute button... did you log in first? ok, you need to log in first. log in... with your log in code. the code, the code you got. you should have received an email. the email has your code. did you check your junk mail? check your junk mail for the email with the code. no, the email will have the log in code. ok, now punch in your code. did you punch in your code? ok, punch in your code. is it working? then try checking your mute button..."

"check your mute button. check your mute button, the one on your phone. is the red light next to the mute button on or off? try pressing it... press it, no, I think you pressed the wrong button, press the mute button... did you log in first? ok, you need to log in first. log in... with your log in code. the code, the code you got. you should have received an email. the email has your code. did you check your junk mail? check your junk mail for the email with the code. no, the email will have the log in code. ok, now punch in your code. did you punch in your code? ok, punch in your code. is it working? then try checking your mute button..."

Love it!

Thanks for my having to clean coffee off my keyboard now.:D:D:D

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

1, Website

2. Simplify the promotions

3. Website

4. Proofread your press releases, promotional materials, terms & conditions

5. Website

Perfect list!--& you could add another "website"!

Their promotional materials can be challenging. I've received numerous emails to book a Captain's Club Reunion cruise, which, BTW, I'm already booked on. When I follow the the, it says there are only inside rooms available. Why promote it, rooms are limited?

I also got a CC email promoting a new Celebrity program which gives members access tp Broadway shows at a discount, in addition to $50 dinner credit. Followed the link & could not get past the page asking me to pick a date. I just gave up.

Do away with the new pricing structure that incorporates promotions and give us just the low price. X's prices have mushroomed.

I would like to see a North Cape of Norway cruise.

On many sailings, Celebrity does offer Senior, State Resdient, Military, Police and Fire Rates that are significantly less than BBB, but they usually don't come available until 6 mo before sailing, and of course don't come with perks.

I wonder if they would consider offering a BBB rate and a "No Frills" rate from launch, however that would not simplify the pricing structure at all. Yikes It would make it more like Carnival with one price for refundable deposit, one price of a cabin category upgrade, one price with the Better Homes and Garden advertisement offer, ect.

We really like BBB especially when it includes two perks. My husband and I enjoy our wine and the Bev package means that we can get off the ship with out a bill. Our on board spending including gratuities, beverages and shopping is usually over $100 a day, so the Bev Package and $300 OBC is always a better deal for us on a 7 day cruise. Bev and Gratuities for a 12 day or longer cruise.

I'd also like to see BBB on re-positioning cruises.

Mention the faulty website.

Thanks for a fleet of beautiful ships, great crew and exciting itineraries.

Thanks for providing a form of travel that let's us visit places where we would not have had the time or funds to do otherwise.

Mention the faulty websites.

Beg, plead that he/she never, ever consider bringing back the a cappella group.

Unless you plan to stiff the staff, the "Big" rate IS the bare-bones rate with gratuities included -- but you have the option to take a different perk if it would be more advantageous to you. Moving up to Better gives you a discount if you pick the right perks, and Best is definitely a discount (if all the perks are valuable to you). So I think this is actually a good way to structure the prices.

Why not make stockholders benefits combinable with other promotional OBCs. Why wasn't existing Captains Circle members status protected in the changes to the loyalty program. These matters is what drove us away from Celebrity.

captains club*

Hi Putterdude,

I've been writing about this here on Cruise Critic, for years... since 5 minutes after Celebrity discontinued combining, and pretty much made the Shareholder benefit worthless. I've also had discussions with various Celebrity folks, some of whom are long gone.... about the Shareholder Benefit. Of course, it would be a great perk, and would be greatly appreciated by their Guests. However, there's likely a huge cost involved. As they are understandably focused on the bottom line, I can't see them reversing their decision.

Even if it were to be considered at some point, I suspect the decision would ultimately be made at a high level of RCCL management, since they administer the program. We can hope for a reversal, but I doubt it.

Edited by Host Andy

Poor IT people. They must have to have the patience of a saint. :D