Princess is totally inconsiderate of their passengers

BCHappyGal

Just boarded Ruby Princess

Attending Muster Drill

Captain announced it as per the Peincess Patter

We got into Theatre and seated and instead of starting drill on time Princess delayed it by 20 minutes and just told us all to sit and relax

To chat to whoever is beside us

Normal crappy Princess service

Officers never mingle with passengers as we might tell them how inconsiderate they are

Attending Muster Drill

We got into Theatre and seated and instead of starting drill on time Princess delayed it by 20 minutes and just told us all to sit and relax

Officers never mingle with passengers as we might tell them how inconsiderate they are

Wow, I'm sorry. Hopefully it gets better.

Gee that's a really big issue to whinge about - NOT!

At least you were sitting in comfort for those extra 20 minutes. The worst muster drill I ever experienced was on Royal Caribbean where we had to stand outside, lined up like sardines in a tin, while they manually checked off every cabin as they were having problems with the scanners.

Attending Muster Drill

So you had a delay in the Muster drill and you had to wait in comfort? :rolleyes:

Good thing you weren't standing on deck in hot sun or pouring rain.

Why do you sail a cruise line with normal crappy service? :D

It's very possible that some passengers were taking their sweet time getting to their assigned stations. If so, then it wasn't the fault of Princess. I don't recall in five Princess cruises how long after getting to our seat (which we try to be early doing so) the drill began. But I don't recall how on time or how late any of them were.

And since you had just boarded the ship...why would the ship's officers be mingling with passengers during the first afternoon when they are preparing for sailaway.:rolleyes:

At least you were sitting in comfort for those extra 20 minutes. The worst muster drill I ever experienced was on Royal Caribbean where we had to stand outside, lined up like sardines in a tin, while they manually checked off every cabin as they were having problems with the scanners.

For many years, some lines did not use scanners. THey manually checked off each cabin. And, as noted, some muster stations are outside in the heat. OK, I agree that it should start on time. But most often, the problem is that passengers are not where they belong. They can't start the drill till everyone gets there. 20 minutes sitting in an air conditioned theatre doesn't seem all that bad. Sure, it would be lovely if everyone showed up on time and it could start exactly on time....and when that happens, let us all know about it, please.

i agree if the OP wanted a whinge maybe they should go with RCI where they have to stand outside in the heat/rain

Attending Muster Drill

Delayed it after the alarm sounded?

Attending Muster Drill

So you continue to sail with a cruise line that offers "crappy" service?

You might ask the survivors of the Costa Concordia if they would have whined about a muster drill that took more time than expected.

If that is all you have to complain about regarding Princess - my suggestion to you is go on Carnival and stand outside on the deck for a long time !!!

such a petty complaint - does not even deserve to be voiced here.

eclue:rolleyes:

Our recent muster drill on the Island started late -- and we were in the fitness room -- no comfortable seating there !! I would have been delighted to be seated in comfort in the theatre. ;)

1: if the service is always so bad, why not go with a better cruise line?

2: I'm always amazed how much people complain about the damn muster drill.

Sort of what I was thinking. Strange thread.

Attending Muster Drill

Well why cruise with them

I bet the delay was because of the passengers who didn't bother to show up on time and had to be hunted down.

I always take this opportunity to chat with people during this waiting time. Try it and you could make new friends😀

Yep last cruise we chatted briefly, like maybe a minute, with some Americans before drill, then talked with them for few hours after, and over the cruise met with them a few times for afternoon tea etc I suspect they are people we'll stay in touch with.

Attending Muster Drill

Excuse me, but are you expecting officers to be mingling with passengers during or waiting for the muster drill to commence? That is a ludicrous complaint.

As others have said, muster drills that start late can usually be blamed on inconsiderate fellow passengers.

Edited by capriccio

Excuse me, but are you expecting officers to be mingling with passengers during or waiting for the muster drill to commence? That is a ludicrous complaint.

As others have said, muster drills that start late can usually be blamed on inconsiderate fellow passengers.

I THINK that they mean officers aren't mingling often enough during the cruise in general.

Edited by GUT2407

Attending Muster Drill

Get a grip this is no big deal

Life is too short so enjoy every minute

I can only say "REALLY".

BUT, I am going to be polite and say hope you enjoyed the rest of your cruise. On RCCL older ships you stand outside and told to stay in straight lines - kinda felt like I was in grade school. If that is their policy, then that is their policy and its only a half hour or do out of my cruise so no big problem.

Just in defense of people being late to muster - had a hard time getting there with my mom who was in a wheelchair - didn't realize elevators would be shut down so we were late. After that we always made sure we left early so we could use the elevators.

Attending Muster Drill

How inconsiderate of Princess! A decent cruise line would have insisted that you and your fellow passengers silently stand shoulder to shoulder, front to back before your lifeboat enjoying the odoriferous air heated by the afternoon sun.

Oh my, how did you survive the crappy service. Surely good service demands that officers leave the bridge and other areas of operation unsupervised while they make special efforts to mingle with guests. One would think that Princess would be much more interested in making sure that you were suitably amused with stories of sea going daring do. Why, I bet officers actually spend their time-off eating and sleeping instead of mingling with bored guests.

I am sure your cruise was completely ruined. Demand a full refund.