The Edge Class

ImpulsivePuppy

Looks nice, much more comfortable looking cabin.

I agree. I see they are going the way of some hotels and eliminating wall-to-wall carpeting. Helps to keep the room much cleaner but I hope it doesn't amplify noise from above.

I'm all for eliminating the MDR in favor of a greater variety of restaurants, some free and some not. I love the Solstice Class ship but I find the MDR bustling and noisy. We have sailed S class 5 or 6 times but the MDR only once (on the second trip). Never again.

We're on Ovation of the Seas currently and really miss a single large open MDR. Royals backstep around the dynamic dining theme (each of 4 complimentary venues offering a unique menu now modified where all offer same standard menu) probably hasn't helped but some of the complimentary dining venues have low ceilings and feel too enclosed. Also not a fan of their 'MDR' menus so both combined had had us eating in the buffet or (most enjoyably) the speciality restaurants on board.

Never had that issue on Solstice class where we always enjoyed dining on the MDR and had many a great meal there. If Celebrity think they can make something work that has already been trialled and failed with Royal, It will be interesting to see if they can make it a success or further alienate wary repeat clients.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't Qsine similar to Wonderland?

Not at all. Qsine is like a journey around the world. They serve Tapas style portions of different ethnic food- for example "taj Mahal" indian food- etc. You can choose as many or as few different types of food that you like. It is a wonderful experience for all. My DH enjoys the Steak and fries type Tapas and I enjoy many of the ethnic type foods- so everyone is happy. The presentation is wonderful also. Be prepared to over eat! We typically go twice on each celebrity cruise so we (I) can try a variety. My DH sticks to his favorite-

Wonderland while exotic, serves regular courses. The presentation is also great- but not for everyone.

IMO Qsine is better.

Noted, although in the past, these early leaks have proved to be pretty bang on. In any event, it's worth discussing while we await actual details.

They were posted on here early last year, and up they pop every few months when someone finds them again, and again, and again :D

They were posted on here early last year, and up they pop every few months when someone finds them again, and again, and again :D

Yes, if they are the real layouts I suspect the design company that released them is now out of business after being sued for breach of commercial confidentiality :D

ok, take this for what you want, but just got off the Summit where I asked the future cruise consultant about Edge. Was told it will start sailing fall 2018 and will be in between M and S class in size. Other than that, they wouldn't say where, design details. I guess we will all know more soon.

Plus they announced recently that Nate Berlin was hired to be the designer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, they named Nate Berkus as Design Ambassador, a position that consists of presenting the new ship to the media. He did not have a hand in designing the ship.

Press release:

As Design Ambassador, Berkus will bring his distinctive personality to the launch of Celebrity Edge, hosting a series of Edge Class reveal events alongside Celebrity's President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo and Chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Richard D. Fain. Designed, and soon to be revealed to the world in 3D, Edge Class will transform the future of cruising. Together, Berkus and Celebrity will share this groundbreaking story in March 2017.

Back to the original question posed about what these ships "might" look like.

What would make me happy? A well designed cabin. No more "above the bed" storage. Just give me a functional closet, some shelves, and adequate drawer space.

Seriously, not an unreasonable request!

Funny, when they were introducing the Solstice class ships they made a big deal of introducing the group of women who would be designing the staterooms. Whole press release and everything.

Schplinky is correct, if you carefully read the press release it doesn't say anything about Mr. Berkus having anything to do with designing anything on the ship, just introducing the designs.

Also, should be pointed out that the lack of info is not unusual for Celebrity, they did the same thing for Century, Millennium and Solstice class After the 13th, we will start seeing a lot.

Not really. Both are whimsical but I'd say the comparison ends there. To my palate, Qsine is like an endless meal of appetizers from the Cheesecake Factory (and i like the Cheesecake Factory). Wonderland was more upscale and the food far more accomplished.

I loved food in Wonderland on the Anthem - was a highlight of the cruise.

Is it just me or does it look like the head of your bed is in the other cabin space? It looks like you can knock on the wall and get a reply by your neighbor while lying in bed.

To me, it looks like the glass of the shower is open to the rest of the room.

If this is what the final room will look like then they are making the same mistake the NCL Epic made. Beds are less than 7' long, so that's a pretty narrow room. In the NCL Epic, which has a similar design where the beds are offset, you can stand and touch both walls:

epic-cabin.png

The Epic has the walls curved to achieve the same "stick part of the bed in the other cabin" effect.

The bathroom also concerns me, although it looks like it has opaque, solid walls instead of the frosted glass effect on the Epic that lets you see people poop.

edge-rumored-layout.jpg.233419359df63e1346a9369b5273f49f.jpg

If this is what the final room will look like then they are making the same mistake the NCL Epic made. Beds are less than 7' long, so that's a pretty narrow room. In the NCL Epic, which has a similar design where the beds are offset, you can stand and touch both walls:

epic-cabin.png

The Epic has the walls curved to achieve the same "stick part of the bed in the other cabin" effect.

The bathroom also concerns me, although it looks like it has opaque, solid walls instead of the frosted glass effect on the Epic that lets you see people poop.

seeing that NCL only made 1 ship with those cabin styles I seriously doubt that X will use that design.