Solarium Pool on Harmony - GREAT NEWS!

I stated it was a joke. [emoji36]

Hi All,

I was on the Harmony all last week. I can totally confirm the so called solarium has no pool, only hot tubs.

Actually, the solarium area was one of my biggest disappointments. I sailed Quantum OTS last year, and thought the solarium was brilliant. I was hoping/expecting the solarium on Harmony to be the same, just bigger.... sorry to say, it is not.

No pool and actually very open, so if it rains or is windy, it's no good. Quantum is so much better, where the roof can open in areas.

As for adding a pool... I think this was a joke! There's NO WAY they are going to do this. It's a brand new ship...... if they wanted a pool in there, it would be there right now!

I

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I stated it was a joke. [emoji36]

I

Sent from my iPad using Forums

See what you started, but im glad you did because we were unaware of the fact there was no pool, so we have cancelled our 2 cruises that we had booked on the Harmony. Thanks !!!

And here I was being the optimist thinking that RCI would make the Harmony Solarium pool bigger and figure out a way to make it not as hot in there.

Why would they make something good, even better?;)

Just don't cancel your September 2017 sailing because there isn't a pool. I will personally build one for you this November and finish it next March. Then cruisers can complain that the ship isn't fully constructed. I just need to figure how to get the plasma torch/cutter past security and not end up going to the naughty room. As for ventilation we will just break a few windows for you and that problem is solved.:D

Edited by A&L_Ont

And here I was being the optimist thinking that RCI would make the Harmony Solarium pool bigger and figure out a way to make it not as hot in there.

That must have been a dream you had.

Is the solarium the only adults only "pool" area? I realize everyone is saying there is no solarium pool on Harmony, so is there another adult pool area? Or would that have been it?

No that is the adults only area and they bilt it with NO pool !!!

Is the solarium the only adults only "pool" area? I realize everyone is saying there is no solarium pool on Harmony, so is there another adult pool area? Or would that have been it?

No other adult pool area.

I have personally called RCCL reps twice and they have assured me there is an adult only pool in the solarium on the Harmony. I was told yesterday that it is salt water pool somewhat larger than on the Freedom. Why is RCCL giving out this incorrect information? Their own website boasts of pool in the solarium. I don't get it.:(

I have personally called RCCL reps twice and they have assured me there is an adult only pool in the solarium on the Harmony. I was told yesterday that it is salt water pool somewhat larger than on the Freedom. Why is RCCL giving out this incorrect information? Their own website boasts of pool in the solarium. I don't get it.:(

Inaccurate info is not unusual from Royal''s website and customer service reps. For whatever reason, having accurate, timely corporate wide information is not a high priority with the corporation.

• 2 weeks later...
Ho come they still advertise the solarium pool?:mad:

I don't know. I also wonder why the poster called Royal Caribbean International does not answer these types of questions.

• 1 year later...

Can I on behalf of thousands that enjoy rumour and speculation on these pages, PLEASE ask you to stop interfering with the use of Facts, this is most disturbing and if continued will see many leaving this site. :D:D

While the addition of a pool forward would affect the center of gravity of the ship, its forward placement that you consider important would only affect the longitudinal (fore/aft) center of gravity, which might be a good thing, since most ships carry ballast or consumable liquids (water, fuel) forward to balance the weight of the engine room machinery and keep the ship level fore and aft. Also, the longitudinal center of gravity only affects the longitudinal stability, and this is almost never a crucial factor, as pitching is not considered a dangerous condition. Most ships do not roll over going down by the bow or stern.

The height of the pool, not its forward placement, will affect the transverse center of gravity, and hence the transverse stability as well, but this pool is not appreciably higher than the other pools, and there are large hot tubs in the area already. Since the pool would be small, the free-surface effect of the water in the pool would also not be that great.

Since there are kids zone spaces under the solarium area, I don't see any space for pool mechanical rooms, so just another nail in the supposed addition of a pool theory. Obviously, RCI's market research has shown that the loss of a solarium pool does not outweigh the benefits of whatever that space has added.

No other adult pool area.

The aft port side pool was 16 and older last week on Harmony. Pretty stupid for the kids because it was nearly empty the entire trip and the other pools were a nightmare. It was more shallow than the kids pool, which is why we headed over to it the first day. Only to quickly find out it wasn't for kids.....

The aft port side pool was 16 and older last week on Harmony. Pretty stupid for the kids because it was nearly empty the entire trip and the other pools were a nightmare. It was more shallow than the kids pool, which is why we headed over to it the first day. Only to quickly find out it wasn't for kids.....

Thanks for the update.