Solarium Pool on Harmony - GREAT NEWS!

Bit confused as part of the solarium had a pool last week with a small part with chairs in the water but the solarium at the very back also had a tiered one but all roped off with no water, so pools are there.

Where did you see this? That pool sounds amazing.

Bit confused as part of the solarium had a pool last week with a small part with chairs in the water but the solarium at the very back also had a tiered one but all roped off with no water, so pools are there.

I wish I could see a picture of it, I can't envision what you describe.

Missus Makkem, are you referring to the "pools" that appear in the pictures below (posted by CruisenoviceUK on the Maiden Voyage thread)? Sorry but those are all hot tubs or whirlpools - not what we, or even Royal for that matter, consider a pool.

Here are some pics from the Solarium. There are 3 hot tubs one each side then one at the front. There were also some hot tubs outside although not in use.

0dce01b2267e730eea102f072ff899ca.jpg

51f8ff5ddfc50c54e67f1993a20557a0.jpg

b5636f316bb2b62fb754b3e5a99e8252.jpg

cca6d6180573e9baef89d263c47c8001.jpg

Looking at these and the pictures heatherb1958's friend uploaded to http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/swintontraveller/library/Harmony%20of%20the%20seas%20Solarium?sort=3&page=1# showing the solarium areas, it does seem the only area where there's room for a pool to be added is where the leaf misters are and the strange area around it.

Can it be done without dry dock? Can it be done without shutting down the solarium during a revenue cruise?

Why would they leave the pool out to begin with if they intend to add it later??? Even for Royal, it just doesn't make sense. :confused: I think Royal decided to eliminate any plans for a pool here. And that makes even less sense. :(

~ Judy

Edited by FloridaPalms

So my husband called C&A today to inquire about the "missing" pool in the Solarium on Harmony. He was told that there WILL be a pool in place for our sailing next Sept 2017. He of course didn't get any details and that's all I have, but I wanted to share the news. :)

In my opinion, just more typical BS from Royal.

The solarium is a huge disappointment after the wonderful area on Ovation. A bland space with rows of chairs and no pool.....

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

I guess they spent all their budget on the slides

Ok, well jokes on me. Husband just told me he was "kidding". [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35] Sorry everyone! [emoji31]

Your husband is the perfect candidate to work in the CSR department at Royal Caribbean.:)

Missus Makkem, are you referring to the "pools" that appear in the pictures below (posted by CruisenoviceUK on the Maiden Voyage thread)? Sorry but those are all hot tubs or whirlpools - not what we, or even Royal for that matter, consider a pool.

I actually think Missus Makkem is mistakingly referring to a Quantum-class Solarium pool she saw recently. Those have the part with the chairs in the water and the tiered pools.

So my husband called C&A today to inquire about the "missing" pool in the Solarium on Harmony. He was told that there WILL be a pool in place for our sailing next Sept 2017. He of course didn't get any details and that's all I have, but I wanted to share the news. :)

Thanks for posting that , we did not realize that there was no pool in the solarium. We will be cancelling because that is something we enjoy on the Oasis and allure.

I'm late to this, I only just realized yesterday that there is no pool in the solarium. I've been watching people's periscopes and viewing photos and videos and just thought none of them had shown the pool or perhaps the area had been closed.

How could there be NO pool at all?! That is mind boggling to me. The solarium pools on Oasis and Allure are already pathetic as it is, so they've done away with it entirely on Harmony?

What do the deck plans say? I too saw the page on the RCI website which said there is a solarium pool.

I'm on harmony next year so this is upsetting to me. [emoji30]

I agree it looks like we will be cancelling our 2 cruises.

I agree it looks like we will be cancelling our 2 cruises.

This along with the new decor and the changes to the loft showers in the Crown Lofts are very disappointing to us.

However, we will keep our 04/2017 booking as we got a great price for a L1 Crown Loft, $4651.

Hopefully they will keep the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen perks the same as the Allure and Oasis.

Terrible stupid decision on Royal's part. :mad:

Kids get a greatly improved new water park and we get two misting leaves! :(

~ Judy

Luckily you have choices. Some people like slides. FWIW, on my recent trips on Enchantment and Brilliance, the solarium pool rarely had more than 5 people in it.

This along with the new decor and the changes to the loft showers in the Crown Lofts are very disappointing to us.

Starting to feel the same way here but still planning to give Harmony a go next year to see for ourselves.