She better be ready!

So the ship is delivered early from the shipyard in a not 100% finished state, with several advertised attractions and shows unavailable, and people are expected to "make the best of it". Tell that to the ones who have had sleepless nights due to work above and around their cabins during the night and early morning.

The truth of the matter is that Royal saw an opportunity to insert some previously unavailable extra cruises, to make a quick buck, knowing full well the ship was not 100% ready for fare paying passengers.

That move has backfired royally on Royal as the complaints are all over the UK media and television, with the BBC news repeating their earlier report on the late news at 11pm this evening, so much bad publicity.

So the ship is delivered early from the shipyard in a not 100% finished state, with several advertised attractions and shows unavailable, and people are expected to "make the best of it". Tell that to the ones who have had sleepless nights due to work above and around their cabins during the night and early morning.

The truth of the matter is that Royal saw an opportunity to insert some previously unavailable extra cruises, to make a quick buck, knowing full well the ship was not 100% ready for fare paying passengers.

That move has backfired royally on Royal as the complaints are all over the UK media and television, with the BBC news repeating their earlier report on the late news at 11pm this evening, so much bad publicity.

RCCL should be ashamed and embarrassed. And all of you apologists and sarcastic snots should be the same.

I'm certain the OP is long gone but just in case, here is one more short but sweet thread he should read.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2361499

Really hope he comes back after his cruise with a follow up! Doubt that he will, however. :rolleyes:

Started another thread, no mention of the ships condition

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2361574&page=2

Give him some credit. He seems to have a good attitude on that thread and has started a nice review. So before he boarded he was concerned about what he had spent some very good money on and what he might be facing. From those original pictures I might have had some concern myself.

Give him some credit. He seems to have a good attitude on that thread and has started a nice review. So before he boarded he was concerned about what he had spent some very good money on and what he might be facing. From those original pictures I might have had some concern myself.

Agreed [emoji106]🏻

Right on.

People almost DARE OP to post again so they can rip on him. They're ready to rip him if he has a good time, and probably go right for the jugular if things are bad. Good grief, cut the guy some slack, put yourself in his shoes, try a little empathy.

Glad there are a few on here like you with the right outlook.

Contracts aren't worth the paper their written on.... Consumer law on the other hand is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with your ranting and raving!........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Look at the numerous news articles from the past week of the ship. If that's what I was about to board I'd be nervous and skeptical. I don't think the ship will be ready or cleaned up in a week.

Because EVERYTHING you read or see on TV is an accurate depiction. :D

Everyone that is currently on the ship (I'm also following on Periscope) are having a grand time and everything is great. Just because there is work going on on the ship while you are sailing it, doesn't mean it is a hazard zone or construction site. There is always maintenance going on on ships while they are sailing with passengers.

I also guarantee you that the price the current people paid for their cruise, is much less than what people are going to be paying in 6 months.

If you don't want to deal with things like this, you simply don't book a cruise on a ship right out of production or dry dock.

If you don't want to deal with things like this, you simply don't book a cruise on a ship right out of production or dry dock.

Unless of course your not an experienced cruiser with the benefit of Cruise Critic members wisdom.

In which case if you'd sailed on Harmony for the 4 & 5 day cruises which weren't advertised as shakedown/pre inaugural or anything other than a fantastic cruise on a brand new ship, you'd be pretty dissapointed and have a really poor impression of Royal as a cruise line.