She better be ready!

Agreed. At least you have enough class to not outright ridicule OP. I seriously think some people here would rather OP suffer than admit Royal Caribbean is making guinea pigs of guests....

And the "cheerleading" comments begin again.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I'm following 3 people on periscope that are on Harmony. They all are having a good time, no complaints so while everything might not be finished there are other people having a good time. I hope you enjoy your cruise and don't go looking for problems

The OP is from the UK and they do have VERY different consumer protection laws there. If I understand the law correctly he could pursue for compensation up to total cost of trip if the supplier fails to deliver the promised product. Without having the RCCL UK T&C in front of me I am sure there is sufficient language to protect RCCL from "ongoing maintenance". Now whether certain venues being closed/incomplete falls under "ongoing maintenance" or a failure to deliver said product "as promised" or not I am not sure - again this is UK law NOT USA .....

That said - OP - if you go into this with the mindset that it is sh#te, you will get sh#te ..... if you go into it with the mindset that hey, I'm on a fabulous new ship with a few quirks that I will choose to overlook, then you'll probably have a great holiday - I ultimately hope for the latter.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

And the "cheerleading" comments begin again.

It's okay for people to be upset and disappointed for not getting what they have paid for. They should be allowed to come here and express frustration without being dismissed and put down out of hand by the regulars.

I'd be upset if I was on a ship and it looked like the recent photos I have seen of construction crews and a dirty mess. Don't care what brand is painted on the side. This ship should have had additional time allocated before revenue cruises began it is just that simple. It is easy to see why OP is nervous and skeptical. Widen your blinders a little bit.

It's okay for people to be upset and disappointed for not getting what they have paid for. They should be allowed to come here and express frustration without being dismissed and put down out of hand by the regulars.

I'd be upset if I was on a ship and it looked like the recent photos I have seen of construction crews and a dirty mess. Don't care what brand is painted on the side. This ship should have had additional time allocated before revenue cruises began it is just that simple. It is easy to see why OP is nervous and skeptical. Widen your blinders a little bit.

That is all true.

I guess its just the fact that when someone comes on to CC (before even boarding the ship!) and demands a full refund if things aren't completed/perfect, eyes start to roll.

As the OP has not yet stepped on board the ship, there is no reason to be upset and disappointed for not getting what they have paid for. That cannot be determined until they actually experience it. The comments to the OP IMO seem to be more at the challenging tone of the post - starting with the title - versus whether or not they will have anything legitimate to be concerned about. Provocative comments inspire provocative responses. But I think you know all about that....

Edited by leaveitallbehind

As the OP has not yet stepped on board the ship, there is no reason to be upset and disappointed for not getting what they have paid for. That cannot be determined until they actually experience it. The comments to the OP IMO seem to be more at the threatening tone of the post versus whether or not they will have anything legitimate to be concerned about. Provocative comments inspire provocative responses. But I think you know all about that....

Look at the numerous news articles from the past week of the ship. If that's what I was about to board I'd be nervous and skeptical. I don't think the ship will be ready or cleaned up in a week.

What I am saying is not provocative. I am simply putting myself in OP's shoes and understanding why they are upset and worried about their vacation plans. Others here are bashing OP. Maybe try calling them out?

Look at the numerous news articles from the past week of the ship. If that's what I was about to board I'd be nervous and skeptical. I don't think the ship will be ready or cleaned up in a week.

What I am saying is not provocative. I am simply putting myself in OP's shoes and understanding why they are upset and worried about their vacation plans. Others here are bashing OP. Maybe try calling them out?

Are you done playing Chicken Little yet? :D

....never said your comments were provocative. I was - as stated - referring to the OP. But if the shoe fits....

I understand that the 4-day transit cruise to Rotterdam had work still being completed. Not too unusual with any new ship. I understand also that there would be apprehension regarding the OP's upcoming cruise. It was the manner of the OP's "line in the sand" comments that - I will state once again - have, IMO, elicited the comments by many.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Are you done playing Chicken Little yet? :D

I don't subscribe to #hailcorporate here or anywhere else.

It's in my best interests that other guests get what they pay for and that corporate delivers a quality product. If I think a company hasn't been straight with a consumer, I'll say so. This is a discussion board and I'll articulate my thoughts so long as anyone is willing to have a civil discussion about it.

I really do love cruising in general, but it's not my job to apologize for company shortcomings or pretend like mistakes don't happen.

If my stance is unpopular around, that is okay with me.

I don't subscribe to #hailcorporate here or anywhere else.

It's in my best interests that other guests get what they pay for and that corporate delivers a quality product. If I think a company hasn't been straight with a consumer, I'll say so. This is a discussion board and I'll articulate my thoughts so long as anyone is willing to have a civil discussion about it.

I really do love cruising in general, but it's not my job to apologize for company shortcomings or pretend like mistakes don't happen.

If my stance is unpopular around, that is okay with me.

Haven't seen one apologist on this thread but I certainly see someone posting that the sky is falling.

While I agree that a mountain seems to be being made of a molehill, it is worrisome that construction workers left ladders and tables next to railings. Children could climb on them and accidentally fall.

The missing safety glass railing on deck 15 sounds very dangerous IMO.

It sounds like both situation were rectified as soon as RCCL became aware of them.

I was on Harmony last weekend, for the media preview, and she was not 100% ready, no, but dear lord, she was by no means unfinished or dangerous! Very minor things were being worked on (perfectly normal for a new ship I felt especially given her size) Also, some activities were closed due to weather constraints, again, perfectly reasonable. There was plenty to do, and so much entertainment, I find it hard to believe people are making so much fuss - just get on and find a way to enjoy this amazing ship!

Hit that like button. :)

LMaxwell your my favorite poster on CC.

I hope a lot of the work that was going on is wrapped up, or at least tidied up/cleaned up. If I walked into a hotel or resort in the state Harmony was in in the photos of the article I'd turn right around too and let Amex sort it out. It's a bit different on a ship.

Don't mind the people here who would never admit that the ship is not finished to the standards guests deserve.

EXACTLY the reason I pay on my AMEX. They will always side with the customer, always have, always will.

The OP is from the UK and they do have VERY different consumer protection laws there. If I understand the law correctly he could pursue for compensation up to total cost of trip if the supplier fails to deliver the promised product. Without having the RCCL UK T&C in front of me I am sure there is sufficient language to protect RCCL from "ongoing maintenance". Now whether certain venues being closed/incomplete falls under "ongoing maintenance" or a failure to deliver said product "as promised" or not I am not sure - again this is UK law NOT USA .....

That said - OP - if you go into this with the mindset that it is sh#te, you will get sh#te ..... if you go into it with the mindset that hey, I'm on a fabulous new ship with a few quirks that I will choose to overlook, then you'll probably have a great holiday - I ultimately hope for the latter.

Thanks Atlantic Cruiser. Believe me, I will be looking to have a good time. I'm not going to look for problems. We are taking our 3.5 year old and If I had got on board last week and found that all the kids facilities, pools etc were closed I would have been straight off!

If little things are being worked on then that won't bother me, but to have venues completely closed etc is not acceptable. In fact I'm very surprised the HSE haven't got involved.

Your right. Consumer Law and protection is completely different here in the UK.

I would explain all the things I've done over the years including making banks change their terms and conditions etc.... (one just last week) But it will only get me flamed on here....

Edited by mdj101