She better be ready!

Yes, good luck with that full refund maneuver! Did you read the cruise contract? It has all the bases covered.

Otherwise, I think you will be just fine. If you are handed a lemon, then make lemonade, don't squeeze it in your eye! :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3612880/How-Harmony-Seas-trip-PR-disaster.html

If she's not 100% ready when I board on Sunday then I will be demanding a 100% refund SIMPLE AS!

you can demand all you like. but prepare to be disappointed.

you can hardly expect everything to be 100% perfect at ANY point in time. especially on a new ship where it can take months to work out the kinks.

it's the reason why we never choose a cruise just before or just after a known refurb or a maiden voyage,

I don't expect everything to be working all the time, things break, but there is no way in the world that I would put up with workmen working all night outside my cabin etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, you will still have a great cruise. If you go thinking of failure, you will look for every niggle and fail. We were on and still had a good time, if not complete.

Good luck with the refund though

I hope a lot of the work that was going on is wrapped up, or at least tidied up/cleaned up. If I walked into a hotel or resort in the state Harmony was in in the photos of the article I'd turn right around too and let Amex sort it out. It's a bit different on a ship.

Don't mind the people here who would never admit that the ship is not finished to the standards guests deserve.

424810e010063d9e9bd4604224fcdd5d.jpg

People rag on carnival being low class; but they have a 110% price refund guarantee and will pay to fly you back home, and even give you OBC if you decide to try them again in the future. If you walked onto a Carnival ship that was like a construction site and you demanded a full refund it would actually work out pretty well for you. I thought the Carnival refund did NOT included taxes, but learned that it actually does.

I realize it is more of a feel good guarantee than a guarantee people utilize, but just shows that such things exist in the industry.

I cannot believe people would book a ship this new.

They are going to be working on it for months....

Agreed. At least you have enough class to not outright ridicule OP. I seriously think some people here would rather OP suffer than admit Royal Caribbean is making guinea pigs of guests....

I cannot believe people would book a ship this new.

They are going to be working on it for months....

I cannot believe RCCl would take money for a product they can't deliver yet. I feel badly for those that aren't CC members and long time cruisers. How are they supposed to know NOT to buy something if RCCL is selling it.

Besides, the issues we are seeing aren't little things here and there, they are major. RCCL knows better.

Of course people will try and make the best of it and not let it ruin their vacation. But it still comes down to people not getting what they paid for.I don't know about you all, but I don't like to throw my money away.