She better be ready!

I hope you have a great cruise. However going into with a negative attitude is a bad way to start. I understand the frustration some people are experiencing because certain areas are still being worked on. Their have been cruises we have been on when work was being done. Maintenance is an ongoing process. I know the Harmony is brand new and everyone is expecting perfection, but if the prices were reduced for the first couple of cruises, one should have asked themselves why? But if you paid a full fare price, and certain features of the ship that were boasted about are not available to you, then that is a different story.

So for a recap:

If you paid what amounted to a daily rate that was discounted compared to sailings after yours, then IMHO make the best of what is available to you and have a great time.

But...

If you paid the full daily rate the same as other sailings, then I believe All guests are entitled to some form of OBC or credit towards a future cruise, consistent with what was not available to them on their cruise.

I paid what I would consider to be a full fare.

To be honest, It could have been £100 each, unless it was advertised or made clear that not all facilities would be operable then RC wouldn't have a (sea) leg to stand on.

They can't claim after the fact that the price reflected the facilities that would be available, and as this is the only sailing of this ship from Southampton to Barcelona then there is nothing to compare it too.

Edited by mdj101

Judging from those pictures, which are worth a thousand words, I'm glad I'm not aboard for this sailing. I have no doubt plenty of people are having a very good time. However, unless RCI made it clear that the ship was still being worked on and passengers should expect to find unfinished, and off limits, venues then people do have a right to be upset. Yes, plenty of us would not book a ship right out of new build, or dry dock, or pre-dry dock. But not everyone knows better.

RCI should know that pictures like that are going to get out and they don't produce good publicity. Maybe RCI was just determined to not go through the drama of cancelled sailings like they did with Empress. The bright side I guess is that at least this time it isn't cock roaches.

I guess they could cancel the cruise and sail to Barcelona empty so they can polish her up. That could make 500 people happy and 5,500 sad. :rolleyes:

Edited by John&LaLa

I guess they could cancel the cruise and sail to Barcelona empty so they can polish her up. That could make 500 people happy and 5,500 sad.

Should they polish those urinals before or after they get the urine out of them?

Should they polish those urinals before or after they get the urine out of them?

Forgot my sarcastic emoticon. ;)

And whatever happened to that famous British spirit?

Remain calm and carry on. :eek:

Perhaps the OP (and others who are interested) should look at this thread for a different perspective from one who is on Harmony now.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2361206

That's good for future cruisers but doesn't help the OP who has a right to be upset and complain on here without being belittled.

It always amazes me how posters do not seem to understand their experience may not be everyone's experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

To the OP...I'm not sure if your signature is complete but if you've only cruised a couple of times you will find that in the future all your cruises will vary. Some will be slightly better or worse in their own way but what you will find that they are all wonderful. Attitude can go a long way. You WILL have a good time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3612880/How-Harmony-Seas-trip-PR-disaster.html

If she's not 100% ready when I board on Sunday then I will be demanding a 100% refund SIMPLE AS!

Self-fulfilling Prophecy, she's going to have a lousy time because she's already got herself convinced of it. She'll nit-pick everything looking for that fatal flaw.

Just roll with the punches. A bad day on the high seas is better than a day at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was on Harmony last weekend, for the media preview, and she was not 100% ready, no, but dear lord, she was by no means unfinished or dangerous! Very minor things were being worked on (perfectly normal for a new ship I felt especially given her size) Also, some activities were closed due to weather constraints, again, perfectly reasonable. There was plenty to do, and so much entertainment, I find it hard to believe people are making so much fuss - just get on and find a way to enjoy this amazing ship!

to me, size should not have anything to do with it. The bigger the ship,the more jobs to do, the more people working to complete the job

Self-fulfilling Prophecy, she's going to have a lousy time because she's already got herself convinced of it. She'll nit-pick everything looking for that fatal flaw.

Just roll with the punches. A bad day on the high seas is better than a day at work.

Exactly my thoughts when I read the post .

Well all I can say is I'm on day 7 onboard and loving it. Have no probs with my Central Park balcony stateroom. Had seamless check-ins and b2b check-ins.

Seen some great shows, enough to eat and drink and met some great crew !

I've watched them rehearsing everyday at the aqua theatre in cold rain and Sun.

Spent many a night until late in the attic nightclub. Seen preview of the second ice show. People complaining about missing the aqua theatre show should know they will also miss the second show i skate and second musical Columbus which don't debut until next month!

Please come with an open mind and don't blame the crew for the few workmen finishing this lovely ship!!

Forgot my sarcastic emoticon. ;)

And whatever happened to that famous British spirit?

Remain calm and carry on. :eek:

I'm Italian. We don't subscribe to anything that involves remaining calm.:D

Don't like your job much, huh?

I totally agree with the OP and after the RCI Anthem OTS hurricane fiasco have lowered my opinion of RCI.

And yet, I was on the Anthem the following week. I wasn't aware when I booked that the solarium would be unusable for four days due to broken glass, passengers would get cut by glass in their feet as they walked the deck, puzzle room was closed, North Star out of order for first four days and again for last two due to weather. It wasn't as if I booked an inaugural or following a dry dock-- we had no idea this would happen. We got ZERO OBC as a result- was I happy with this decision, no. But I tried to have the best possible time I could and overall had a nice experience.

If you go in with a bad attitude, the cruise will be bad. Make the best of it that you can. Or, if not, find a different line and maybe the rest of us will get better prices when people go elsewhere.

I think it's so funny that two people can go on the same cruise and one person has a marvelous time and the other person hates everything. Perspective and attitude is everything! A glass half full ... That's why I like love to read these boards! I've been on about 50 cruises and I've never had a bad time, a blip here and there, but, overall all good...

That's good for future cruisers but doesn't help the OP who has a right to be upset and complain on here without being belittled.

It always amazes me how posters do not seem to understand their experience may not be everyone's experience.

Except the OP is a future cruiser. :confused:

I think it's so funny that two people can go on the same cruise and one person has a marvelous time and the other person hates everything. Perspective and attitude is everything! A glass half full ... That's why I like love to read these boards! I've been on about 50 cruises and I've never had a bad time, a blip here and there, but, overall all good...

I am so with you! We have never had a "bad" cruise. Bad weather yes, some horrible weather cruises, but you make the best of it and have a good time anyway

Have never had bad service, bad food, etc. My opinion - I don't have to cook or clean and someone is taking care of me. I am a happy girl. Give me a drink and a lounger by the pool on sea days and I am good. Attitude is everything. We never expect it to be perfect and there is always something that might happen like disembarking being horrible, but it does not take away from the enjoyment of being on a cruise - not for us anyway

Edited by karena1