Are you kidding

We got off Harmony yesterday. It's a great ship and I wouldn't, in anyway, describe it as a mess! We had a fantastic time!

We enjoyed the solarium for what it was. If we hadn't sailed on Allure I wouldn't have though anything of it but I do agree that a pool would be a welcome addition. It's not enough to stop me sailing on it again now. There is still loads and loads of other great stuff to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like the Harmony is one HUGE hot mess right now. All kinds of problems with it. Can't believe they even let it sail the way it is.

You need to go read some more reviews, because you are totally off track with your statements. Yes, there are issues, but I've read plenty of positive reports.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

RCL are you kidding with no pool in the solarium on the Harmony??????

Unfortunately they aren't kidding. They eff'd up. The biggest complaint many had about the solarium on the Oasis class was it too small.

I guess RCI fixed that.

Literally every review of Harmony I have read from someone who was on it was a very positive review. If you want your solarium pool go on oasis or allure. Its the same minus a few slides, bionic bar, and a different name on the same italian restaurant.

I'm not ripping on Harmony, it looks amazing and they did some great updates to the Oasis class "bones" so-to-speak. I just can't stand people who read ONE review and say "its a construction site" or "its a mess."

People go on these cruise TRYING to find something to complain about, and of course they can. I, for one like to ENJOY my vacations so I try to find everything I can to be EXCITED about.

Its an expectations thing. If you go in looking for problems you'll spend your time complaining! I agree no solarium pool on Harmony isn't ideal, but if you are going to let that absolutely ruin your opinion of Royal, then go cruise with any other line and there will be plenty of things to complain about with them too.

My point is, move on and enjoy your vacations for the views, the ocean, and the people you meet at sea. That why cruising became so popular in the early days. Thats the heart of it, and complaining about no solarium pool....maybe just go to an all inclusive resort in Mexico and you'll have MANY more amenities.

Sorry if I'm being cynical, but sometimes people should take a step back and recall WHY cruising is so awesome. Its not the solarium pool. Its the things I listed above that were attainable on tiny ships way back when!

Just home from the 3nighter and I have to say that the Solarium is a really lovely space. This is just my opinion but really no need for a pool in the Solarium - it is perfect without one.

I was with my son (25) and we had a brilliant time. Nothing negative impacted on our enjoyment of this great ship.

Cheers!

Joan

Dublin Ireland

Really wish people who haven't even been on the ship would stop posting about what horrible condition it's in.

I've been reading plenty of reviews and watching tons of periscopes and everyone seems to be having a wonderful time.

Hm.... what is it about a solarium pool that makes people post a daily thread about it? Didn't see that one coming.

Guessing that most are very surprised Royal would purposely made a poor situation even worse.

There are people who won't go on ships without a Solarium at all, so I think those that voice surprise or displeasure that a Solarium doesn't have a pool aren't wrong. It does seem like a mistake to not have a pool to cool off within the Solarium. In the Caribbean the solarium on O and A get very, very warm...

I heard the MDR is not open yet and they have everyone eating all meals in the Windjammer....

You are too funny!!

The only place I could not see open was Starbucks - kinda feel that joint spoils and cheapens the Boardwalk - I mean there is one on nearly every street in the world - no need for one on this beautiful ship.:p

Another really nice place to eat is the Solarium Bistro - also we did Sabor and Wonderland - try them when you get onboard!

Cheers!

Joan

Dublin Ireland

Edited by Slainte!

Why would they remove the solarium pool on Harmony? It's the pool I go to on sea days. Who would want to sit in that oven and not be able to cool off in a pool. Harmony just lost a lot of luster with that change.

I bet it was replaced with some sort of "profit center".......

I bet it was replaced with some sort of "profit center".......

Well with that attitude - just don't go on the ship!

The Solarium is a lovely area and the roof is not totally enclosed. There are parts open creating a 'breeze'!

Cheers!

Joan

Dublin Ireland

Edited by Slainte!

The Solarium is a lovely area and the roof is not totally enclosed. There are parts open creating a 'breeze'!

That is how it is on O and A too, but in the Caribbean it just gets very hot there.

Really do wonder what they were thinking to eliminate the pool, especially since Quantum-class has the multiple gorgeous pools in the Solarium. Just don't understand the reason to remove something popular on O and A.

Literally every review of Harmony I have read from someone who was on it was a very positive review. If you want your solarium pool go on oasis or allure. Its the same minus a few slides, bionic bar, and a different name on the same italian restaurant.

I'm not ripping on Harmony, it looks amazing and they did some great updates to the Oasis class "bones" so-to-speak. I just can't stand people who read ONE review and say "its a construction site" or "its a mess."

People go on these cruise TRYING to find something to complain about, and of course they can. I, for one like to ENJOY my vacations so I try to find everything I can to be EXCITED about.

Its an expectations thing. If you go in looking for problems you'll spend your time complaining! I agree no solarium pool on Harmony isn't ideal, but if you are going to let that absolutely ruin your opinion of Royal, then go cruise with any other line and there will be plenty of things to complain about with them too.

My point is, move on and enjoy your vacations for the views, the ocean, and the people you meet at sea. That why cruising became so popular in the early days. Thats the heart of it, and complaining about no solarium pool....maybe just go to an all inclusive resort in Mexico and you'll have MANY more amenities.

Sorry if I'm being cynical, but sometimes people should take a step back and recall WHY cruising is so awesome. Its not the solarium pool. Its the things I listed above that were attainable on tiny ships way back when!

We need a "Like" button on CC.

I've always said that there is no bad cruise. Yes, things happen, but there are too many people who let one or two things annoy them and then they come on CC and complain about their cruise. Have you ever been on ANY vacation where everything was perfect? Lighten up people and enjoy your cruise!

Unfortunately they aren't kidding. They eff'd up. The biggest complaint many had about the solarium on the Oasis class was it too small. I guess RCI fixed that.

Guessing that most are very surprised Royal would purposely made a poor situation even worse.

Why would they remove the solarium pool on Harmony? It's the pool I go to on sea days. Who would want to sit in that oven and not be able to cool off in a pool. Harmony just lost a lot of luster with that change.

Really do wonder what they were thinking to eliminate the pool, especially since Quantum-class has the multiple gorgeous pools in the Solarium. Just don't understand the reason to remove something popular on O and A.

I agree! It doesn't make sense with all the innovations on this ship that Royal choose to replace the pool with just two misting leaves!

To the other posters who have flamed the OP and those of us disappointed there isn't a solarium pool on what will be a Caribbean based ship, I think you are being a little unfair to tell us to sail elsewhere. Yes, there have been threads with overblown and nonsense complaints but I don't think this is one of them. I have a pool in my Florida backyard. Some others have a beach and ocean. For us, no solarium pool might not be as big a deal. But there are others whose favorite part of the ship is the solarium with its adult-only pool and I think all of us appreciate the respite from kids it provides. So have a little empathy and allow us to voice our displeasure.

While I don't understand Royal's reasons, I will be going on the Harmony knowing in advance there is no solarium pool. I expect to have a great time anyway.

~ Judy

Goes with the old saying..."You can't please everyone!"

There are going to be people who are very upset, upset enough to cancel cruises on Harmony...which I think is absolutely ridiculous...and there are people who could care less if there is a pool there or not. Fact of the matter is, RCCL looks at all the surveys they receive and information about all their ships and have very capable marketing people on their payroll. It seems that the pool in the solarium is not utilized as much as you might think., therefore they opted to remove it from this ship.

There are plenty of other great venues around this ship to utilize and enjoy. If you are so set on a solarium pool, you have other ships to choose from. :) It's that simple, really!

It would be nice however, if RCCL stopped listing a Solarium Pool as part of the Harmony. :rolleyes:

4 pools including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat*

10 whirlpools, two of them cantilevered whirlpools overlooking the ocean

Concierge Club and Diamond Lounge**

*During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium Pool to be used by persons under age 16 provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian.