Wrinkles.....

Interesting...I've done something similar but then used my hairdryer on them.

I do this at home also since ironing is not even in my vocabulary. I refuse to own clothing that wrinkles.

Try the Konmari folding method

Although it is used for tidying at home, it is also brilliant for travelling as the items fit 'vertically' in your suitcase or in the drawers on the ship and it is very easy to pack and unpack. We never iron our tshirts (even at home) now and clothes take up far less space.

There are lots of konmari videos on youtube for all sorts of clothing. There is also a book "The life changing magic of tidying up"

Edited by lucymorgan

I pack our clothes in packing cubes, typically fitting 8 folded shirts/tops/tees per large cube. I fold my husband's suit jacket in half with a clean unfolded large trash bag between the folds, and place it on the very top of the suitcase. Long pants are folded under the cubes, and almost never, in nearly 30 years of traveling have I had a problem with wrinkled clothes:)

http://www.ebags.com/category/travel-accessories/packing-aids/packing-cubes?lastsearchterm=packing+cubes

We use the packing cubes (eBags) as well and our clothes are never wrinkled. They are freshly washed and wrinkle free when packed, and look great when unpacked!

I pack our clothes in packing cubes, typically fitting 8 folded shirts/tops/tees per large cube. I fold my husband's suit jacket in half with a clean unfolded large trash bag between the folds, and place it on the very top of the suitcase. Long pants are folded under the cubes, and almost never, in nearly 30 years of traveling have I had a problem with wrinkled clothes:)

http://www.ebags.com/category/travel-accessories/packing-aids/packing-cubes?lastsearchterm=packing+cubes

Rolling my clothes and using packing cubes has completely changed the way I pack. So easy and convenient. For the stray wrinkle, Downy Wrinkle Release works great.

Edited by FlaGirl13

Most things don't wrinkle when I pack them (properly - some rolled, some folded, leveraging the natural creases etc).

But - for things that do

- spray bottle of water, a little reshaping / stretching and drying is the first approach. Sometimes with the blow dryer but usually just naturally

- for my daughters Ruffly dresses - If that doesn't work, I do sometimes use a hot flat iron

- we also take advantage of a steamy shower for certain fabrics.

Generally speaking though - the humidity outside is enough to release most wrinkles we are faced with! Especially T shirts!!

What does everyone do about wrinkles in clothing? I read no steamers allowed and I am not paying to have all my tshirts pressed. So what can you suggest? I thought about buying a flatiron? Would those work to iron clothes with?

I have never in my lifetime ironed a t-shirt, and I don't think my t-shirts look wrinkled at all.

What does everyone do about wrinkles in clothing? I read no steamers allowed and I am not paying to have all my tshirts pressed. So what can you suggest? I thought about buying a flatiron? Would those work to iron clothes with?

Be like my wife, she only allows easy care clothing. There is no ironing at home or on vacation. If you must, the pressing fee on the ship is actually cheaper than the press fee at the cleaners near my house and they pick up and drop off.

I am obsessed with packing cubes! My daughter got hers for a trip to Europe last year that she did with one carry-on. I was amazed, and bought packing cube sets for my husband and I. I roll our tee shirts, shorts, even my capris, and they're fine. I also placed his slacks folded in half, on the bottom under the cubes. Also, the packing cubes make unpacking so quick and easy. They're the best.

I just iron all my clothes before the cruise. I then hang them on hangers by outfits. I put two or three outfits into a dry cleaner bag. Most of my clothes are all cotton and packing this way keeps them from becoming wrinkled.

This also makes for easy unpacking. I always bring more clothes than I need for the cruise, so packing to go home is easy too. I have done it for years and plan to continue doing so.

Completely agree!!

Plus... T-shirts?? Do people really iron t-shirts?? I always thought they were wash, dry, and wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My dear 87 year old mother used to iron everything, even bed sheets and underwear. But then she figured out when dad retired that she could to and has never ironed since. I am sure her mother is rolling in her grave but mom got used to that. My wife tells me you are on your own if I ever buy anything that requires ironing and I learned early in the marriage that was the one thing I could do right.

Edited by LeesSummitCruiser1
spelling

Although I, too, use the Konmari method of folding and the packing cubes, I also take a small spray bottle with half a Bounce dryer sheet in it. When I get to my cabin, I put water in it, shake and use it on any clothes that somehow managed to get wrinkled despite my great care in packing! Works just like Wrinkle Release but no extra weight or liquid to bring.

what about my wrinkled face - anyone offer any solutions for that?

:D;)

Finish all your meals including the desserts.

After a while you start to puff up and fill in those wrinkles. :D

(Note: This solution will require you purchase larger size clothing.)

I am obsessed with packing cubes! My daughter got hers for a trip to Europe last year that she did with one carry-on. I was amazed, and bought packing cube sets for my husband and I. I roll our tee shirts, shorts, even my capris, and they're fine. I also placed his slacks folded in half, on the bottom under the cubes. Also, the packing cubes make unpacking so quick and easy. They're the best.

Sooo.... You put luggage in your luggage?

Now that I spent the last 10 minutes looking at packing cube videos, I've decided I will need to put my clothes in space bags, then in packing cubes, then in my suitcase. ;)

For many tears I was a fanatic ironer and wouldn't leave the house without touching up t-shirts, etc.

My sis introduced me to wrinkle release spray and I very seldom need to iron anymore!

We hang things up in the cabin when we get our luggage and spray stuff as we need to. If there is an item that can't be sprayed, we run hot water in the shower with the door shut. Then hang this item in the shower.

Really, truly works

Although I, too, use the Konmari method of folding and the packing cubes, I also take a small spray bottle with half a Bounce dryer sheet in it. When I get to my cabin, I put water in it, shake and use it on any clothes that somehow managed to get wrinkled despite my great care in packing! Works just like Wrinkle Release but no extra weight or liquid to bring.

Does this really work? Taking dryer sheets and later adding them to water is a great idea. A game changer for traveling without liquids!