M-Class A1 Category (Aqua Class) on Deck 11: cabin 1138 or 1120?

gobelge

I have been a frequent passive reader in this wonderful forum.

Since I'm about to book a cruise on Celebrity Constellation in February 2017 and definitely would like to go for Aqua Class (having travelled in Aqua Class on the Millennium in March this year), I was wondering whether I should go for aft-cabin #1138 or starboard-side cabin #1120. I have seen many good reviews about the larger aft balconies, however I am concerned about the privacy as well as noise from the Oceanview Bar below and we are people who like to have as much privacy as possible on the balcony even if that means a significantly smaller balcony.

Also, does anyone know of any plans for installing the new roof top bar also on Celebrity Constellation (like on the other three M-Class ships Millennium, Infinity and Summit)? I fear that noise will be an issue for those cabins (and indeed all A1 cabins in the rear half) and also the stairway that was extended from deck 10 to 12 (originally only deck 10 to 11) juts out aft-wards, meaning that people passing upstairs will have a view of the aft-balconies (particularly 1130, 1138 and 1140).

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Last month I was in cabin AQ 1122 on the Infinity. I would not book this cabin again. When I booked they did not have Roof top Terrace and movies. I could hear the music and movies all day on the balcony. No noise in the cabin. If you want peace and quiet and use your balcony a lot I would not book these cabins. Others have said it is not a problem.

Grab 1138 before it's gone. Those aft cabins are wonderful. We booked Connie for Mar 2018 while on Millennium last Mar and we got the 2 last aft cabins for the B2B. They go fast. As for the new venue on deck 12, I have heard the movies end at 10:30 PM. People have said you can hear music etc when you are out on the balcony but it is quiet in the room. HTH.

We've had 1138 twice now and have it again coming up. Fantastic. The music back there is low key and nice. However, we have not been since they added the movies up top so can't speak to the noise from them.

Bring a bungee cord to hold your balcony door closed (not sure how yet, we haven't done it, but have been in 1138 on the Connie and when you are on the balcony the door slides freely on its track (slam, slam, slam from side to side) and no way to secure it while you are outside (save trying to hook the bungee cord to something). Only complaint about the cabin. Love the angled glass giving you a wonderful panoramic view.

I had originally booked 1138 on Connie for the cruise we just completed, but got upgraded to a suite. Standing at the Oceanview Bar for the sailaway party, I looked up and had a very full view of the balcony of 1138. If you want privacy, that is not the cabin for you.

While we've done three cruises on the Constellation we've never been in stateroom 1138 on that particular ship. But we've done six cruises on the Infinity, and five of those cruises were in stateroom 1138. Love that convenient location and since the balcony was partly covered we had no issues with privacy.

While we've done three cruises on the Constellation we've never been in stateroom 1138 on that particular ship. But we've done six cruises on the Infinity, and five of those cruises were in stateroom 1138. Love that convenient location and since the balcony was partly covered we had no issues with privacy.

We had 1138 on Summit early this month -- no issues with privacy. Of course you can be seen if you are standing close to or at the rail.

Spent 2 weeks in 1132 on Infinity and loved it . Yes the balcony is small . AS for sound form the rooftop area there were 2 movies a day and really they didn't bother us . We only heard them when we were on the balcony and I enjoyed listening to a couple of them

I had originally booked 1138 on Connie for the cruise we just completed, but got upgraded to a suite. Standing at the Oceanview Bar for the sailaway party, I looked up and had a very full view of the balcony of 1138. If you want privacy, that is not the cabin for you.

aftfrombelow.jpg

This photo, originally posted by MrJulius, shows what Host Jazzbeau is talking about .

1138 is the second balcony from the right, with the white canopy extending out directly below it.

The balconies on the side cabins of deck 11 are private.

They provide unobstructed views, so you can look straight down to the water from them, as well as forward and back.

But the side balconies are small and have very little cover.

Pros and cons either way, depending on which features matter most to you.

You get breeze on the side balconies, but not on the rear balconies, either of which may be a plus or a minus depending on your itinerary.

Edited by varoo

We've also enjoyed 1138. If you are seated under the awning no one can see you from the Oceanview bar. The only people who can see you seated next to the sliding door are your very intrusive neighbors peeking around the partition.

Grab the cabin while you can!

Thanks all for the reassurance. We'll go for 1138 now. I'll let you know afterwards how it compared to 1124 on Celebrity Millennium that we sailed on in March this year :) Looking forward to the AquaClass perks again, in particularly the Blu restaurant!

I'll reiterate with others who have actually stayed in 1138 have said - privacy unless you are AT the railing (and sometimes it's fun to peek over and see who's down there). Even looking at that picture - are you saying you could actually see people sitting on their loungers up against their door? Of course not! For that matter, you can also see someone standing at the railing of 1140, too!

Edited by warmwinds