RCCL returns to Port Miami with BIG news!

Not sure about Miami, but I'll bet Empress will return to a different berth. That happened to us with Legend. We left from one Terminal and returned to another.

They bussed us back over to the parking lot at departure terminal.

Had that happen when we did the EX here in PC on her temporary assignment for the nine

night southern Carib cruises. Boarded at one terminal, then disembarkation at

the other. Same thing with the shuttles, but we actually had off terminal parking,

so it was no biggee for us.

Edited by island lady

I'm glad Royal is going to make a big move in Miami. They have the headquarters in Miami but no new ship or impressive itinerary out of Miami. Disney and even MSC is calling Miami home port for the first time but for some reason Miami was not important to Royal.

I for one will never use NJ port in the winter ever again. We had two days of cold rainy snow going out and the same coming back. Almost couldn't get home due to a snow storm. So maybe NY area might be a waste of money in my book.

Rumors of a new hard dock at Coco Cay and Grand Cayman in the works as well. ;)

Don't know if you are being sarcastic, but I believe it when I see it in Grand Cayman. Those tenders make good money, and are not going to give it up this easy..............so I have been told by the locals.

Don't know if you are being sarcastic, but I believe it when I see it in Grand Cayman. Those tenders make good money, and are not going to give it up this easy..............so I have been told by the locals.

I assume the economy would benefit substantially more for having Allure/Oasis/Harmony roll-up to their shops on a weekly basis. Plus, given the number of ships in the harbor during the high seasons, those tenders will still be in business.

This is much better, Cayman Sky Bridge. Heck, I'd pay to ride it. A couple of ships look familiar. What's with that big Disney one?

http://cruisecapital.co.uk/cable-cars-could-replace-tenders-in-grand-cayman/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdst0NZBCte8Y75qZYB6KPdauDDK_pyRBwQNQYTEvRuq9gsW91og

caymancablecar.jpg

caymanpier.jpg

image_674058-2-1.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

The information was posted on CC already. Please research online the plans that Grand Cayman has for a hard dock. Then let me know what you think.

This is much better, Cayman Sky Bridge. Heck, I'd pay to ride it. A couple of ships look familiar. What's with that big Disney one?

OMG John!! Leave it to you to post some cool graphics again! Quite the interesting article

also! :)

Edited by island lady

The Navigator and Explorer used to dock in Miami together for years (used to make for some very fun and loud sail-aways). They would line up nose to nose (Terminal F and Terminal G). If there was adequate parking for those two ladies, the Voyager and the Majesty, I think the garages can handle the Enchantment and Empress. The Empress and Enchantment were already docked together this season as I was in Miami to see it. They also docked nose to nose. Both terminals F and G and related garage are within very easy walking distance. It's not like the distances between terminals at Port Everglades or Port Canaveral.

Those were some very fun sail-a-ways!:):)

And don't forget that while those two ships would sail on Saturdays, Voyager would sail on Sundays. So there was actually parking for three Voyager class ships.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Those were some very fun sail-a-ways!:):)

And don't forget that while those two ships would sail on Saturdays, Voyager would sail on Sundays. So there was actually parking for three Voyager class ships.

Agreed, I mentioned that in the next sentence. :D ...and the Majesty 3 and 4 night booze cruise crowd (a lot more locals driving to the port).

Yello Taxis vs. Uber will be like tenders vs new port facilities

Progress changes things, some may lament, others not. Recall when

Nordic Prince.....Sun Viking.....Song of America....Harmony of the Seas. And so it goes.

love Boat was cute and enhanced crusing cache but who would want that ship today?

Edited by FireStation46

• 3 years later...
On 6/29/2016 at 7:28 AM, leisuretraveler223 said:

While this is true, it wasn't exactly a routine process. If memory serves correct, during conveyance the stacks were lowered and the ship even "squatted", mechanically increasing it's water draft to ease through. I don't think it's something that would happen on a weekly voyage.

And to the poster still pining for an Oasis Class out of New York.... Never gonna happen.

I looks like the day it was "never going to happen" has arrived 🙂

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2018/12/12/oasis-seas-giant-cruise-ship-begin-trips-new-york-area/2289224002/

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?departureCode_BYE=true&ecid=em_11481331&ect=TAC&ecv=&emct=PLATINUM&empc=RCIN_SEPTOA_19&empf=&emsc=RCIN_SEPTOA_0919_EA_NE_CS_US&lnkid=MAIN_HERO_IMG&oabonus=undefined&rcid=92351879&rid=641573347&shipCode_OA=true

Sorry, I know I am late to the party on this. 

37 minutes ago, Doc2725 said:

You waited 3 years for an I told you so. 😱🤣🤣

@Biker19

Edited by John&LaLa

40 minutes ago, Doc2725 said:

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You waited 3 years for an I told you so. 😱🤣🤣

@Biker19

Late not only to announce it, but to realize that it has been going on for almost a year now.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...