RCCL returns to Port Miami with BIG news!

Now if Miami would get some decent off site parking it would be great. In FLL, Tampa, PC we have great off site parking that is less than 1/2 what the cruise port charges. All are quick and easy with very little wait time between getting there and going to the port and getting picked up at the port after a cruise.

In Miami we have tried every off site parking place there is and have not found one yet that is worth anything. They are all super slow about taking you and picking you up. We have tried them all numerous times and finally gave up and pay the $20 per day and park at the port.

But the new terminal looks great.

For us as pretty as Miami is to sail from, it saves us a good 1/2 hour to drive to FLL vs Miami, so I love cruising from FLL.

Couple of suggestions: Downtown Miami, Miami beach etc is pricey real estate. When a simple studio runs 1500 a month. 1 UBER. 2. Take a shuttle service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Nice find.

Assuming these renderings are coming from someone at Royal, it seems that they're definitely expecting an Oasis Class to sail from Miami.

1 at Miami

2 at Port Everglades

1 at Port Canaveral

1 at ?

I'd guess Asia.

So 4 Oasis Class ships all doing Cozumel, Falmouth, Labadee, Nassau over and over and over and over and over and over again. I am missing something because I just can't figure that out. Will the new Tortola pier fit an Oasis Class?? I feel one of them just will have to do longer itineraries (ie. St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados maybe, etc??). All four of them can't do the same thing week after week .... can they?

So 4 Oasis Class ships all doing Cozumel, Falmouth, Labadee, Nassau over and over and over and over and over and over again. I am missing something because I just can't figure that out. Will the new Tortola pier fit an Oasis Class?? I feel one of them just will have to do longer itineraries (ie. St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados maybe, etc??). All four of them can't do the same thing week after week .... can they?

Not sure. I'm just speculating based on current positioning. Will they pull one from Ft Lauderdale to send to Miami, leaving 3 in Florida instead of 4? I don't know. I'd say one Oasis Class year round at each of the 3 main ports is a guarantee. A second one somewhere is unknown. Maybe one will split her time between the Med and Florida?

I'm thinking one will definitely go to Asia (could be a very cool reposition sailing!!!).

Not sure. I'm just speculating based on current positioning. Will they pull one from Ft Lauderdale to send to Miami, leaving 3 in Florida instead of 4? I don't know. I'd say one Oasis Class year round at each of the 3 main ports is a guarantee. A second one somewhere is unknown. Maybe one will split her time between the Med and Florida?

I'm thinking one will definitely go to Asia (could be a very cool reposition sailing!!!).

Definitely Asia...that's a done deal ;)

I'll bet they can fill them.

No way.

Anthem is perfect up here as an all weather ship. Oasis Class could work in the summer, but even then they wouldn't be able to visit Bermuda so their itineraries would be limited.

Oasis Class in bad weather = very crowded indoors = unhappy cruisers

I also don't believe Oasis class fits under the Verrazano. The Anthem only clears with 18 feet. I agree that I would prefer to have Quantum class based here.

Couple of suggestions: Downtown Miami, Miami beach etc is pricey real estate. When a simple studio runs 1500 a month. 1 UBER. 2. Take a shuttle service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We drive from Ft Myers. So it is either deal with the offsite parking which is horrible or pay at the port. so we pay at the port

If we ever did a week cruise out of Miami again, we would probably do 2 one-way rentals. Would be cheaper than paying that many days at the port. But for now we just do the 3 nighters out of there so just suck it up and pay the $60 to park there.

We drive from Ft Myers. So it is either deal with the offsite parking which is horrible or pay at the port. so we pay at the port

If we ever did a week cruise out of Miami again, we would probably do 2 one-way rentals. Would be cheaper than paying that many days at the port. But for now we just do the 3 nighters out of there so just suck it up and pay the $60 to park there.

I'm pretty sure we are doing two one-way rentals for our 3 week B2B out of FLL next spring. Has to be cheaper

I used to like Port Everglades much more than Miami, but with how crowded FLL has become, how high the limited close hotel rooms have been pricing and with how nice the MIA airport is after the refurbs over the last 10 years (And the new tunnel) I really have been liking Miami the last few times.

The sail away also offers much more to see cruising along the causeway.

I am looking forward to taking the Navigator and Enchantment out of MIA this November/December.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Awesome! Nice find.

Assuming these renderings are coming from someone at Royal, it seems that they're definitely expecting an Oasis Class to sail from Miami.

1 at Miami

2 at Port Everglades

1 at Port Canaveral

1 at ?

Don't count out New York. If the can custom design an Oasis class ship to fit under the bridge, it was be hugely popular, and a huge money maker, even with Anthem there. The market in NY can accommodate both.

I used to like Port Everglades much more than Miami, but with how crowded FLL has become, how high the limited close hotel rooms have been pricing and with how nice the MIA airport is after the refurbs over the last 10 years (And the new tunnel) I really have been liking Miami the last few times.

The sail away also offers much more to see cruising along the causeway.

I am looking forward to taking the Navigator and Enchantment out of MIA this November/December.

Totally agree. FLL is nice. But it can't hold a candle to Miami. Leaving Port Everglades is basically leaving an industrial shipyard. Leaving Miami is phenomenal.

I also don't believe Oasis class fits under the Verrazano. The Anthem only clears with 18 feet. I agree that I would prefer to have Quantum class based here.

Don't underestimate what the engineers can do. I am POSITIVE they can design an Oasis class ship to fit under the Verrazano. Furthermore, they can customize the ship, like they did with Anthem, to sail from NY year round. That market can handle another RCI ship and both will be immensely popular.

Someone mentioned this being an answer to Seaside and I totally agree! I am sure they feel slightly threatened and Oasis 4 would be a great answer, especially with this new terminal. I like that RCI is putting so much into ports and terminals. It really shows that they are really committed to the total experience, on and off the ship.

I don't think we would see Oasis class in NYC unless they designed some kind of glass ceiling for at least Central Park. You can really only bet on the weather up here from mid June to mid September. Then you have the issue with whether she would fit at the Bermuda dock or not. I am assuming she is too big for Bermuda.

Great news about Miami. I'm sure Oasis 4 will sail out of Miami. I'm quite intrigued with the idea of having at least 3 Oasis class ships sailing out of Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. RCCL must be pretty confident that they will be able to fill these ships.

I hope this enables them to have an Oasis class permanently in Europe. I'd love for an Oasis class ship to be in Australia, but please not Asia (China).

Don't underestimate what the engineers can do. I am POSITIVE they can design an Oasis class ship to fit under the Verrazano. Furthermore, they can customize the ship, like they did with Anthem, to sail from NY year round. That market can handle another RCI ship and both will be immensely popular.

In one sense they already have... The O and the A were built with retractable stacks so they could clear the Great Belt Bridge when they were delivered from Finland. I don't know what their actual air draft is when the stacks are retracted but it has to less than 213', the Great Belt clearance. The permitted clearance for the Verrazano's Narrows Bridge is 215'. I have read somewhere, maybe here on CC, that the retractable stack feature is no longer used on those two ships. Since the Harmony did not have to clear the Great Belt Bridge, they probably did not build in the retractable stacks.

Great news about Miami. I'm sure Oasis 4 will sail out of Miami. I'm quite intrigued with the idea of having at least 3 Oasis class ships sailing out of Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. RCCL must be pretty confident that they will be able to fill these ships.

I hope this enables them to have an Oasis class permanently in Europe. I'd love for an Oasis class ship to be in Australia, but please not Asia (China).

there's always Oasis 5 :eek:

In one sense they already have... The O and the A were built with retractable stacks so they could clear the Great Belt Bridge when they were delivered from Finland. I don't know what their actual air draft is when the stacks are retracted but it has to less than 213', the Great Belt clearance. The permitted clearance for the Verrazano's Narrows Bridge is 215'.

While this is true, it wasn't exactly a routine process. If memory serves correct, during conveyance the stacks were lowered and the ship even "squatted", mechanically increasing it's water draft to ease through. I don't think it's something that would happen on a weekly voyage.

And to the poster still pining for an Oasis Class out of New York.... Never gonna happen.

While this is true, it wasn't exactly a routine process. If memory serves correct, during conveyance the stacks were lowered and the ship even "squatted", mechanically increasing it's water draft to ease through. I don't think it's something that would happen on a weekly voyage.

And to the poster still pining for an Oasis Class out of New York.... Never gonna happen.

I don't think it will happen either but never say never. :rolleyes: