RCCL returns to Port Miami with BIG news!

Not sure about Miami, but I'll bet Empress will return to a different berth. That happened to us with Legend. We left from one Terminal and returned to another.

They bussed us back over to the parking lot at departure terminal.

It causes challenges then for the people embarking on Empress on that Monday and where they park their cars....I imagine there is signage...and we do know that many can't or don't read signage or think that it 'applies to others', especially if it is something they don't want to do....LOL.

When we board Empress on Thursday, I am also aware that the regular parking lot will be filled with the passengers that boarded Enchantment on the previous Monday, so there must be some 'overflow parking' or other arrangement.

It causes challenges then for the people embarking on Empress on that Monday and where they park their cars....I imagine there is signage...and we do know that many can't or don't read signage or think that it 'applies to others', especially if it is something they don't want to do....LOL.

When we board Empress on Thursday, I am also aware that the regular parking lot will be filled with the passengers that boarded Enchantment on the previous Monday, so there must be some 'overflow parking' or other arrangement.

The Navigator and Explorer used to dock in Miami together for years (used to make for some very fun and loud sail-aways). They would line up nose to nose (Terminal F and Terminal G). If there was adequate parking for those two ladies, the Voyager and the Majesty, I think the garages can handle the Enchantment and Empress. The Empress and Enchantment were already docked together this season as I was in Miami to see it. They also docked nose to nose. Both terminals F and G and related garage are within very easy walking distance. It's not like the distances between terminals at Port Everglades or Port Canaveral.

Edited by GatorWop

I don't remember being notified. I just noticed it when we docked and it looked different. :eek:

I don't remember being notified. I just noticed it when we docked and it looked different. :eek:

Sounds interesting.....could be like walking to a parking spot at a mall and noticing your car isn't there and then realizing you are on the wrong side of the parking lot, because you walked out a different door. LOL

Sounds interesting.....could be like walking to a parking spot at a mall and noticing your car isn't there and then realizing you are on the wrong side of the parking lot, because you walked out a different door. LOL

We were having breakfast in the WJ when I noticed. Quick trip to GS's and I relaxed

I feel sure the Oasis/Allure would have been able to clear the Great Belt Bridge without depending on vessel squat. Running at sea speed in shallower waters would provide a little extra buffer as she would gain about a foot in draft.

Here is the reason I really don't think you will see an Oasis class permanently based in Bayonne...;):D

2vcfig5.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Here is the press release from Broadway Malyan, the design firm in charge of Terminal A: http://www.broadwaymalyan.com/press-releases-archive/2016/6/broadway-malyan-to-deliver-gateway-to-miami

It's an exciting time for Port Miami, with the recent inaugural of the very convenient Tunnel, the completion of the Deep Dredge project, MSC expanding Terminal F for MSC Seaside, and Carnival expanding Terminal D and E for Carnival Vista.

I work at Port Miami, so I'm looking forward to all these additions as well as added parking facilities and signage. Should alleviate the congestion and offer a smoother embarkation and debarkation process for all guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wander why the Oasis shift from Everglades to Miami. True, the Everglades has the ambience of New Jersey in comparison to Miami, but such a large shift of assets is strange.

Because it is an artists rendering...

Because it is an artists rendering...

I get the sarcasm, I was wandering the business case to moving some important assets from FTL to MIA. Is this a not subtle attack at Carnival? Carnival probably has the most ships out of MIA.

I get the sarcasm, I was wandering the business case to moving some important assets from FTL to MIA. Is this a not subtle attack at Carnival? Carnival probably has the most ships out of MIA.

I wasn't being sarcastic. They are going to render the "biggest and best" in the artists concept.

Carnival may have the most ships out of MIA, but POM is where RCI Headquarters is. Mickey's got the AAA arena at the end of the turning basin. Vista will be in Miami. But NCL has got Getaway and Escape there, MSC has Divina and Seaside coming and a new terminal. I don't think it is an attack on another brand so much as it is pride in ones own brand.

I wasn't being sarcastic. They are going to render the "biggest and best" in the artists concept.

You can't possibly think that Royal is investing $200+ million in a new terminal for Enchantment and Empress to use. Even Fain stated that he can't wait for Oasis Class to call Miami home.

Don't know details but Miami just got ranked as worst place to live followed by Detroit. Least favorite Florida port based on my experience, but might be cheaper for Royal to do business there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know details but Miami just got ranked as worst place to live followed by Detroit. Least favorite Florida port based on my experience, but might be cheaper for Royal to do business there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well ranked worst because of the income gap to live here. The port is actually in the one of the priciest zip code outside of Manhattan, with condos starting at $500,000 for a 1 bedroom and homes for $15-$20 million.

So 4 Oasis Class ships all doing Cozumel, Falmouth, Labadee, Nassau over and over and over and over and over and over again. I am missing something because I just can't figure that out. Will the new Tortola pier fit an Oasis Class?? I feel one of them just will have to do longer itineraries (ie. St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados maybe, etc??). All four of them can't do the same thing week after week .... can they?

How much smaller is NCL Escape compared to Oasis class? We sailed on the Escape in December and we visited Tortola. I'm not sure what their new pier will look like as it was under major construction while we were there.

How much smaller is NCL Escape compared to Oasis class? We sailed on the Escape in December and we visited Tortola. I'm not sure what their new pier will look like as it was under major construction while we were there.

NCL Escape is 1,069 ft long and has a guest capacity of 4,248.

Oasis of the Seas is 1,186 ft long and has a capacity of 5,400 double occupancy.

The new pier in Tortola was expanded to over 1,300 ft, which makes it fit to dock an Oasis-class ship.

Aruba has a cruise terminal that is 1900ft long/33ft deep.

Not sure about other ports that could handle these ships.

It'd be nice to have an alternating Southern Caribbean itinerary from Miami on Oasis-class.

So 4 Oasis Class ships all doing Cozumel, Falmouth, Labadee, Nassau over and over and over and over and over and over again. I am missing something because I just can't figure that out. Will the new Tortola pier fit an Oasis Class?? I feel one of them just will have to do longer itineraries (ie. St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados maybe, etc??). All four of them can't do the same thing week after week .... can they?

The new pier in Tortola was expanded to over 1,300 ft, which makes it fit to dock an Oasis-class ship.

Aruba has a cruise terminal that is 1900ft long/33ft deep.

Not sure about other ports that could handle these ships.

It'd be nice to have an alternating Southern Caribbean itinerary from Miami on Oasis-class.

Quantum & Anthem go to Barbados, Martinique and Antigua... maybe Oasis Class can fit? I think an alternating itinerary from at least 1 of the 4 is an absolute must... but who am I to say. Maybe all their market research says that all 4 ships can do Nassau, Cozumel, Labadee every single week no problem. I just can't see it.

And St Kitts too... I didn't mention any ports they already go to.

Yep, these ports are part of the Oasis/Allure/Harmony(future) regular itinerary.

It'd be nice to add "new" different ports so that whatever ships are based out of PEV and Miami can vary weekly, maybe Eastern Caribbean, Western Caribbean and Southern Caribbean.

Yep, these ports are part of the Oasis/Allure/Harmony(future) regular itinerary.

It'd be nice to add "new" different ports so that whatever ships are based out of PEV and Miami can vary weekly, maybe Eastern Caribbean, Western Caribbean and Southern Caribbean.

Then again, why bother with a new ports and interesting itineraries where most 5200 cruisers would get off, when you can go to Nassau for the 10 millionth time with likely 3000-4000 listless passengers staying on board buying 50cent cocktails for $14!! CA-CHING :eek:

And St Kitts too... I didn't mention any ports they already go to.

:confused: Maybe all their market research says that all 4 ships can do Nassau, Cozumel, Labadee every single week no problem. I just can't see it. :confused:

FWIW, I'm noticing they are swapping St Croix for St Kitts on some future sailings

Edited by John&LaLa

I went to college in Miami and have returned there many times. I love Miami, Miami Beach and the surrounding area. It's one of the most unique and diverse urban experiences in the US. Amazing food, culture, history, all in a beautiful environment.

Having said that, I have also said for years that the only way I would consider living there again would be if I had a really, REALLY offensive amount of money. I'm talking Fischer Island, Brickell Ave Penthouse, Star Island money.

But I would never use a ranking of "worst places to live" to gauge my travel plans. If that were the case, I'd never go to Mexico!