Anthem and the NYC TV stations - Royal's PR department needs to do something

It seems to me that Royal's PR people are doing a very poor job regarding Anthem and the NYC television stations. There was no excuse for the reports about the drowning also bringing up all of the past (and completely unrelated) problems the ship has had -- spending just as much time on them as the drowning. Last night when talking about the drowning, they even went so far as to report that several guests had norovirus on the cruise that was cut short to avoid bad weather. Maybe Royal needs to bring them on board when the ship is in port and show them around and somehow get them to act more professionally (or at least focused). I'm sure that many of us (both shareholders and customers of Royal) felt the same way when watching the reports and hearing them bring up the same old unrelated stuff.

I understand that you can't force news organizations to report things a certain way but one would hope that a discussion would help. Or will those incidents always be part of any Anthem story going forward?

Edited by MisterBill99

It seems to me that Royal's PR people are doing a very poor job regarding Anthem and the NYC television stations. There was no excuse for the reports about the drowning also bringing up all of the past (and completely unrelated) problems the ship has had -- spending just as much time on them as the drowning. Last night when talking about the drowning, they even went so far as to report that several guests had norovirus on the cruise that was cut short to avoid bad weather. Maybe Royal needs to bring them on board when the ship is in port and show them around and somehow get them to act more professionally (or at least focused). I'm sure that many of us (both shareholders and customers of Royal) felt the same way when watching the reports and hearing them bring up the same old unrelated stuff.

I understand that you can't force news organizations to report things a certain way but one would hope that a discussion would help. Or will those incidents always be part of any Anthem story going forward?

red

It's all about ratings. If it bleeds it leads. Reporters are the worst... :cool:

Reporting on a news story one way or the other is not going to affect ratings. I'm not arguing that they shouldn't report on the accident. But it's the past history they keep repeating that annoys me (and I'm sure others).

Edited by MisterBill99

red

Why? Do you think they CAN force them to report things in a certain way? If so, then the premise of my post is correct and Royal's PR (choose public or press) relations department is not doing their job.

Edited by MisterBill99

Breaking news

This with 2 other threads loaded with drama and speculation

Looks like cc is right in step with the media

I posted this in one of the other threads but thought this was worthy of a separate discussion. I don't want to talk about the accident and whose fault it was or wasn't. I'm simply pointing out that whenever ANYTHING occurs on the ship, the reports always talk about the past events, which have no relevance to the current issue. And Royal needs to do something about it (or at least try to).

Edited by MisterBill99

I posted this in one of the other threads but thought this was worthy of a separate discussion. I don't want to talk about the accident and whose fault it was or wasn't. I'm simply pointing out that whenever ANYTHING occurs on the ship, the reports always talk about the past events, which have no relevance to the current issue. And Royal needs to do something about it (or at least try to).

Then you should be talking to Royal, no one here has any control

Then you should be talking to Royal, no one here has any control

I will call the heads of all three networks and all those NYC newspapers and straighten them out.

But then again I'm not a shareholder so why should I care what the heck they say about the ship.

Edited by DirtyDawg

Oh, c'mon, seriously -- did no one else think when you first heard the news this morning "that ship must be cursed"? I know I did. We sailed on her in February and yes, she's a lovely ship, but does ANYONE remember a ship that suffered three cruises that had to turn back (albeit this time temporarily) in the space of four months during its maiden year?

And before I incur the wrath of the defenders -- NO, I don't think the ship is cursed; YES these are all unrelated and coincidental events. I'm just sayin' if I were a news outlet reporting this story to a public that, unlike the denizens of the boards here, might not necessarily know which ship is which, I think I certainly would take a beat to mention "Yup, that's the one you heard about that had to turn around early twice in February." I mean, it is an interesting fact.

Edited by Lizcourt

That is how things work. Just like when something happens on a Carnival ship, they always have to bring up the ship that was stuck powerless, floating in the Gulf of Mexico.

If it bothers you, turn off the tv and read a book.

FYI, it wasn't just the NY stations. I live in SC and they reported the same thing, as did the national media. I guess RCI will have to sensor all news broadcasts that put a ship in a bad light.

Regarding the Media, someone said: "If it bleeds, it leads"

The news is only concerned about it's ratings, and to keep their ratings up, they promote sensationalism, even if they don't have the truth to back it up,

Remember the Anthem's Inaugural cruise out of Bayonne late last year? The media was all over it's early return to the port because of reports and speculation that a Alpha call was the result of multiple fatalities on that cruise.

I like to call it the Wag the Dog theory, with the media fabricating a news lead and spinning the truth, just for their all mighty ratings...