2 Elites in one cabin...2 bar setups?

califgary

I miss typed - I meant 2 bar setups only if elite in a full suite sorry. We have 2 different last names and same address - we get 2 loyalty credits

What is a loyalty credit? I don't think I've ever heard of that...

Thanks!

I know it's not this way, but I think if there are 2 Elites in one stateroom, there should be 2 mini bars to be fair. DH and I were just talking about this. He's one away from being Elite and was asking what added benefit it is for him too to be elite. Sure, he'll be able to go with me to the wine tasting for free and a few other minor perks, but really, he just wants another complimentary mini bar!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What is a loyalty credit? I don't think I've ever heard of that...

Thanks!

In some situations passengers receive additional cruise credits such as when sailing solo or in a suite. Also if a cruise can be booked as either a single cruise or as multiple b2b cruises passengers get additional cruise credits. For example, a cruise that's booked as a single 20 day cruise & can also be booked as two 10 day b2b cruises, everyone gets 2 cruise credits no matter how it's booked.

Thus some passengers have more cruise credits than actual cruises and I think that cruise credits may be used to reach higher Captain's Circle levels.

Cruise credits are used to qualify for loyalty OBC which begins at 21 cruise credits at $25 per cabin and reaches $100 at 50 cruise credits. However I don't know if that would be issued twice on a b2b cruise that is booked as a single cruise.

I don't have the exact numbers but as I recall the first level begins on the 21st and other levels after after the 31st, 41st, 51st & hopefully someone can post the chart.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I searched & these are the loyalty OBC levels that I found & they're based on cruise credits & not on number of cruises:

21 - 31 ($25)

32 - 41 ($50)

42 - 51 ($75)

+ 52 ($100)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I know it's not this way, but I think if there are 2 Elites in one stateroom, there should be 2 mini bars to be fair. DH and I were just talking about this. He's one away from being Elite and was asking what added benefit it is for him too to be elite. Sure, he'll be able to go with me to the wine tasting for free and a few other minor perks, but really, he just wants another complimentary mini bar!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Or Princess could just include one item of each in the mini bar setup instead of the two you are getting now. I think that would be fair.

It's more than just being "fair" or "unfair". It has to do with being competitive in the business. This is an area where Celebrity wins big over Princess. On Celebrity, EACH elite member gets a cocktail reception each evening, and breakfast is served at the Captain's Club Lounge with bloody mary and mimosa (versus no private breakfast on Princess).

Or Princess could just include one item of each in the mini bar setup instead of the two you are getting now. I think that would be fair.

No thanks Joe...the current system works okay for me. :p

They also only give one loyalty OBC per married couple in the same cabin.

I'd like a 2nd minibar or loyalty credit but it's Princess who determines what is "fair" for the benefits they give to repeat passengers & for me they're great for sailing on a cruise that we enjoy & at a good price. :)

It's more than just being "fair" or "unfair". It has to do with being competitive in the business. This is an area where Celebrity wins big over Princess. On Celebrity, EACH elite member gets a cocktail reception each evening, and breakfast is served at the Captain's Club Lounge with bloody mary and mimosa (versus no private breakfast on Princess).

Imagine!

You would think princess ships would sail empty.

No thanks Joe...the current system works okay for me. :p

They also only give one loyalty OBC per married couple in the same cabin.

I'd like a 2nd minibar or loyalty credit but it's Princess who determines what is "fair" for the benefits they give to repeat passengers & for me they're great for sailing on a cruise that we enjoy & at a good price. :)

That's ok Frank I'm fine with the benefit and Princess too. It was just my attempt at sarcasm. :)

Cruise credits are used to qualify for loyalty OBC which begins at 21 cruise credits at $25 per cabin and reaches $100 at 50 cruise credits. However I don't know if that would be issued twice on a b2b cruise that is booked as a single cruise.

Unfortunately, if the b2b cruise is booked with one booking number, you only receive one loyalty OBC. However, even if I only book a one-night cruise, I still receive the $100.00 credit. :D I always check pricing now to see whether or not it is better to book as a single or multiple cruise.

Unfortunately, if the b2b cruise is booked with one booking number, you only receive one loyalty OBC. However, even if I only book a one-night cruise, I still receive the $100.00 credit. :D I always check pricing now to see whether or not it is better to book as a single or multiple cruise.

Thanks...that's confirms what I thought but didn't want to assume anything. ;)

It's always good to consider the cruise fare & OBCs to compare the bottom-line price...sometimes it's a single cruise, sometimes multiple cruises.

Do they give you a minibar on a 1-day cruise?

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks...that's confirms what I thought but didn't want to assume anything. ;)

It's always good to consider the cruise fare & OBCs to compare the bottom-line price...sometimes it's a single cruise, sometimes multiple cruises.

Do they give you a minibar on a 1-day cruise?

Yes. :D

Even one night one gets a mini bar set up.

In the end we have to accept the rulings of Princess.I think the reason it is two of everything because most times there are two to a cabin.It could be worse only one of everything per cabin:eek:Look on the bright side :)

Mini bar, not really an issue, I swap it out for soft drinks.

Real biggie - upgraded amenities pack. You only get ONE even if there are two Elites in the cabin. How do you share the goodies between both people?

Oh well, sharing is caring, not complaining don't want to give up my laundry and Internet for each person. These are the real biggies.

Mini bar, not really an issue, I swap it out for soft drinks.

Real biggie - upgraded amenities pack. You only get ONE even if there are two Elites in the cabin. How do you share the goodies between both people?

If you run out of something (emery board, Q-tips, etc.) just ask your cabin steward for more.

Hubby and I are married but have different last names (same address). We get two loyalty credits and two invites to the Captain's Circle party ... still have never won the bottle of champagne though.
DH and I also get two invites to the Captain's Circle party. I won once, but that was before we were legally married. You're not missing much unless you're a big fan of cheap champagne.

If you run out of something (emery board, Q-tips, etc.) just ask your cabin steward for more.

I'm talking about the "better" lotions, shampoos etc. oh and how are we going to share the eye mask thingie? Lol

I'm talking about the "better" lotions, shampoos etc. oh and how are we going to share the eye mask thingie? Lol

What "better "lotions and shampoos?

Only shampoo now is what is mounted in the shower stall, a combination of shampoo and conditioner that has not been well received by those with hair.

Here is a picture of all the fantastic items in the elite upgrade bathroom amenities package:

890417%20053%2004.17.16%20Caribbean%20Princess%20cabin%20E409%20-%20elite%20amenities%20DSC01444_zpsqtpdgfif.jpg

In my little bag there was Lotus spa shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion, eye mask as well as the other items in your photo. Always received the same contents in the little yellow bag since becoming elite.

[quote=caribill;50428931

Here is a picture of all the fantastic items in the elite upgrade bathroom amenities package:

890417%20053%2004.17.16%20Caribbean%20Princess%20cabin%20E409%20-%20elite%20amenities%20DSC01444_zpsqtpdgfif.jpg

We are fairly new to being Elite and realized after our Transatlantic last fall (our 16th cruise) that we did not get the upgraded amenities. So on our Hawaiin cruise this spring, none in the stateroom again, so we asked our steward and he delivered the little sheer bag with these items plus one more. It was a tube of hand lotion just like the ones that are always available. After using it a couple of times and commenting on the difference in consistency i looked a little closer and realized I had been moisturizing my arms and legs with hair conditioner, lol!

Has anyone else had conditioner in theirs? It was quite good and would mean one less thing to pack if it is included or was mine just a fluke?

We are fairly new to being Elite and realized after our Transatlantic last fall (our 16th cruise) that we did not get the upgraded amenities. So on our Hawaiin cruise this spring, none in the stateroom again, so we asked our steward and he delivered the little sheer bag with these items plus one more. It was a tube of hand lotion just like the ones that are always available. After using it a couple of times and commenting on the difference in consistency i looked a little closer and realized I had been moisturizing my arms and legs with hair conditioner, lol!

Has anyone else had conditioner in theirs? It was quite good and would mean one less thing to pack if it is included or was mine just a fluke?

Have received

shampoo

conditioner

body wash

lotion

On each cruise we get a tube of hair conditioner in addition to tubes of shampoo, body wash & lotion.

Occasionally during the hectic turnaround day our cabin attendant may forget to give us a mesh bag of "upgraded" toiletries but provides it whenever we request it.

Edited by Astro Flyer