Pizza on Celebrity Silhouette

stlgreg

I have not been on Celebrity Cruise in 12 years and we are heading out on the Silhouette in December with my 11 year old daughter.

Is there a pizza option?

On the Mercury I remember we could get pizza darn near all day long at the pool.

No pizza near the pool, but there is some in the buffet, though I do agree that the room service pizza is much better.

Be warned, one new thing since you last sailed is that room service now has a charge of $5 between 11pm and 6am.

Edited by gergles

Beg to disagre although we haven't been on the Silhoutte we have enjoyed the pizza on the Solstice, Reflection, Eclipse, Equinox, Constellation & Century. Not the best pizza in the world, but I'm sure your daughter will find it to be just fine.

There is pizza served at the buffet from lunchtime to late at night. The quality of the pizza has improved. It is now to the point that we will actually eat it and it is not bad.

I was on Constellation and actually thought pizza was pretty good but as my wife says I've never met a pizza I haven't liked. Actually I thought it was fine and I'm sure any kid would love it.not like the pizza you get in downtown New York but I personally thought was fine.

Hard for me to figure people's constant complaining on food. I guess maybe I'm not that fussy but had plenty of variety..

This is Celebrity Cruising...There is no "pizza" option. There is a thing that looks like pizza but I assure you it is not pizza. Looks like it might be ice cream for this 12 year old.

Was recently on the Silhouette. The buffet pizza was pretty good...and hot. Nice thin crust.

Another option ...for the best pizza on the ship... pay extra and eat at the Lawn Club Grill. The pizza is an appetizer. Full size pizza's and as many as you want to order. We typically order 2 per 4 persons. Your 11 year old can make her own pizza. :D You can too! Plus you can cook your steaks, etc. if you prefer. Fun to do once.;) Since our first time, we prefer to enjoy being served and watching others make their own dinner.

There is also a lunch option to dine there that is less expensive. Ask for dinner and lunch deals on the price.

Edited by Iamthesea

This is Celebrity Cruising...There is no "pizza" option. There is a thing that looks like pizza but I assure you it is not pizza. Looks like it might be ice cream for this 12 year old.

There is pizza in the buffet, various types and it is pretty good and I'm from the Jersey shore where we know pizza.

Really improved. Nice crust too. Used to be like punctured cardboard. In buffet.

That is an accurate description. It used to taste like a bland thick cardboard with punctures in it. Now it is a thinner crust which is not bad. I never said "good". It will never be confused with any decent pizzeria but just get one loaded with sauce and toppings and you will probably be satisfied. Most kids like anything that is called or resembles pizza.

Was recently on the Silhouette. The buffet pizza was pretty good...and hot. Nice thin crust.

Another option ...for the best pizza on the ship... pay extra and eat at the Lawn Club Grill. The pizza is an appetizer. Full size pizza's and as many as you want to order. We typically order 2 per 4 persons. Your 11 year old can make her own pizza. :D You can too! Plus you can cook your steaks, etc. if you prefer. Fun to do once.;) Since our first time, we prefer to enjoy being served and watching others make their own dinner.

There is also a lunch option to dine there that is less expensive. Ask for dinner and lunch deals on the price.

Agree with you on the Lawn Club Grill pizza.....other food there not too bad either....it's our favorite specialty restaurant;)

Have had pizza, or what passes for it, on every one of our 31 Celebrity cruises. It has ranged from very good to horrendous. Unfortunately, these days on most ships it leans towards the latter. The worst time to get it is when it is busy as they tend to way undercook the crust just to get it out there. Kids would probably be happy just to have it available. I admit to being very picky about my pizza as I am from the Chicago area. No one makes pizza as good as we do, not even New York (just my humble opinion of course:D)

I like their pizza -- but it is best to choose the one that is just coming out of the oven even if it doesn't have pepperoni [emoji3]

It's more like a flatbread type which I've enjoyed here and in Italy.

What I don't like are their spicy meatballs.

[emoji487]

My post is somehow being deleted by.....

The past number of cruises, the Pizza station has expanded, they increased the size of the Station. if you like to get a whole Pie which does not feed a lot but for sure two people with a salad. Ask for a Pie, and tell them what you want, and they will make it for you.

When on the Sea, anything can taste great,

2016_07_04.jpgphoto hosting sites

Edited by gopro63

When Celebrity throws in a beverage package, even the pizza and the hockey puck hamburgers taste like gourmet offerings. :)

Don't stop there. It makes all the food taste gourmet. It also makes the service seem decent and the production shows comparable to Broadway shows. Maybe we should start drinking because what we currently experience is certainly not modern luxury.

bagel, sauce and cheese. And you can make your own pizza? (grin)

We all crave for some type of fixing, a hamburger or dog, is not one of them, sitting in the dish with the others, still the pizza will win and a salad along with it. on what used to be called Formal night. you will see me upstairs plate in hand with three slices then some hybrid lobster tail? (smiles)

I love my Pizza and tomorrow I will have some again.

I won't stop and get ice cream at he same time Lol both my favorites are to close. maybe hours later Lol

Edited by gopro63

We all crave for some type of fixing, a hamburger or dog, is not one of them, sitting in the dish with the others, still the pizza will win and a salad along with it. on what used to be called Formal night. you will see me upstairs plate in hand with three slices then some hybrid lobster tail? (smiles)

I love my Pizza and tomorrow I will have some again/QUOTE]

I was sitting by the pool and saw the delivery of frozen burgers and hot dogs to the Mast Grill. Later I went upstairs and saw the burgers in a pool of some kind of liquid waiting for customers. I did pass that day. Eventually, I did try one but made sure I ordered one off the grill. The chef obliged. What was added was cheese, bacon, grilled onions, lettuce and tomato. I then added mayo, relish, ketchup and mustard on the grilled bun. It was real good. I did forget to mention a Heineken or two before and during the meal.

As for pizza, I think there has been improvement. They appear to be using fresh dough now. I know it is popular among the kids onboard. Not a bad late night snack.