New menu on Oasis of the Seas

Looks yummy to me! :)

Thanks for posting and sharing!

Though I will miss that first night horseradish crusted salmon. That was always

our favorite, and the reason we never did BOGO in one of the specialty restaurants

on the first night. :(

Is there a fee for the "Local Influence" menu - it states a la carte, so I'm assuming yes. Anyone know the fee?

Thanks so much for sharing the menu pictures!

16 Days to go for me!!

Nope, the local influence is actually included. Not sure why they designed the menu to show it all the way down there. Usually those options were the better tasting ones.

We were on the same cruise and were very disappointed that the cold fruit soups are GONE!!!! Note that some of the entree's don't show the sides - our waiters didn't know the menu and weren't much help - so we got side surprises!!!!

Yeah thats about how it went for us. It seems the Waiter's didn't get trained on the menu. It was hard for them to even suggest something.

Thanks! I'm assuming the numbers in the top right mean the day?

Yes, it SHOULD. We got the days out of order for a few days. We were given "Day 6" on day 5, and vice versa. Nobody knew why.

We were on that cruise as well and the food in the MDR was the worst I have ever encountered. It was really not good. two nights I left not eating an entree and went to have pizza. Another night I ordered from the kids menu and the rest of the nights, I ate but the meals were bland and not great. The only thing I liked was the coconut shrimp as an app one night.

I am not a picky eater and go into all my cruises with the expectation that the dining room food is diner quality and this cruise sorely disappointed. We had a group of about 25 and not one of us enjoyed the dining room food. We were on the Anthem in Feb and the food was 100% better. That being said we ate at Sabor one evening and it was wonderful.

Seems to me to be a combination of the previous menu with some dishes from Celebrity's menus. Like that they are updating them and hope the end result is sorted for our Oasis cruise next Feb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, these new menus do not give vegetarians a lot of choice! Two nights without a vegetarian starter and two nights where the only option for veggies is mushroom risotto. Not a big risotto lover but even if I was, I wouldn't want it on two separate nights! Hope these are just a trial and will not be launching fleet wide or I will need to start looking at different ships!

Confused by the Local Influence selections as it states served ala carte. So, if you order one of these selections and then ask for a side of *whatever* and they provide it to you without additional fee, why serve these selections ala carte to begin with? I guess I'm missing something.

We were on that cruise as well and the food in the MDR was the worst I have ever encountered. It was really not good. two nights I left not eating an entree and went to have pizza. Another night I ordered from the kids menu and the rest of the nights, I ate but the meals were bland and not great. The only thing I liked was the coconut shrimp as an app one night.

I am not a picky eater and go into all my cruises with the expectation that the dining room food is diner quality and this cruise sorely disappointed. We had a group of about 25 and not one of us enjoyed the dining room food. We were on the Anthem in Feb and the food was 100% better. That being said we ate at Sabor one evening and it was wonderful.

This was very well said and I couldn't agree more. It honestly doesnt seem like they know what they're doing with this new menu yet.

Confused by the Local Influence selections as it states served ala carte. So, if you order one of these selections and then ask for a side of *whatever* and they provide it to you without additional fee, why serve these selections ala carte to begin with? I guess I'm missing something.

So, think of the local influence items as just an extension of the normal menu. There is one 'starter', one 'entree', and one dessert.

The dessert one is located on the dessert menu for the night, as well.

You can order it like you order anything else without an additional fee on the menu.

Edited by marksoe

They seem fine to me, but there is always Coastal Kitchen ;)

Menu 2

Shrimp Cocktail, Caesar Salad, Chateaubriand

Menu 3

Pork Tacos, Iceberg Wedge, Rack of Lamb

Menu 4

Poblano soup, Shrimp Cocktail, Veal and/or Short Rib

Menu 5

Crab Cake, Caesar Salad, Duck

Menu 6

Onion Tart, Burrata, Lobster and Filet

Menu 7

Lentil Soup, Shrimp Cocktail, Pappardelle or Prime Rib

Thanks for posting. Does anyone know if there are vegetarian entrees besides the token 1-2 items nightly? I have listed in my dietary restrictions that I am vegetarian, but I don't know if that actually means or does anything...

Thanks

Annette~

Thanks for posting. Does anyone know if there are vegetarian entrees besides the token 1-2 items nightly? I have listed in my dietary restrictions that I am vegetarian, but I don't know if that actually means or does anything...

Thanks

Annette~

Celebrity have a separate vegetarian nightly menu in addition to the main menu. It's one of the reasons we prefer Celebrity over Royal for dining. Plus look at Chops, Sabor, Portafino, 150, etc on Royal and you will struggle to find anything vegetarian.

Where are the cold fruit soups? I and others I know will not be happy to hear that they all disappeared :(

I saw watermelon, doesn't that count? I am so excited about the onion tart coming back!

Seems to me to be a combination of the previous menu with some dishes from Celebrity's menus. Like that they are updating them and hope the end result is sorted for our Oasis cruise next Feb.

I thought so too, that there is overlap with X. I also noted the every day escargots that you see on X. Also the apple pie and crème brulee.

Can anyone report on whether or not there are raisins (ick!) in the apple pie?

Edited by Queen of Oakville

I agree about the missing cold soups being a let down, but am excited to finally see RCCL trying some new menus in the MDR after over 3 years with the current ones. Looking forward to trying many of the dishes that sound excellent. Hopefully, they execute them well, but we have always found something to our liking every evening in the MDR. Just keep ordering til you get something you like.;)