cruising tomorrow, how to change from noisey cabin?

rhume55

Hi all,

Cruising tomorrow. Got a good deal on a guaranteed interior deal.

It seems I got assigned a cabin next to a noisey crew staircase (this from online reviews of that specific room).

Too late to contact my travel agent and request a change.

QUESTION: When I get onboard tomorrow, what's the best way to ask for a room change? Should I ask while going through the boarding process? Or wait until I get to the room, check it out, and then (a) visit the customer service desk, or (b) call someone from the room phone?

Also if I ask the service desk for a change, should I do so right away, or should I wait until the next morning to ask for a change (presumably after hearing noise)?

If I can't change, I'm fine with it, I'll enjoy the cruise regardless, but just checking for tips.

Also, I'm not looking to make "fake complaints" to staff. If the room is reasonably quiet, I'm happy to stay.

Edited by rhume55

i think you have answered your own question.

If the room is quiet you will stay.

You won't know that at check in or boarding. You won't know that before you spend time there. Probably even a whole night, in case it is something that happens in the morning.

Give it a night and then go to Guest Relations to see what they can do.

On every cruise we've taken (and we've taken quite a few) there is a sign up at Guest Relations stating that the ship is sailing full and no cabin changes can be made. I would think that taking a guarantee cabin would not be a great help when you ask to move (if you do ask)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have read many posts about people with Guarantee cabins who were able to switch into another cabin at the same level. I would call the Captain's Club right now and see if they can help.

Hi all,

Cruising tomorrow. Got a good deal on a guaranteed interior deal.

It seems I got assigned a cabin next to a noisey crew staircase (this from online reviews of that specific room).

Too late to contact my travel agent and request a change.

QUESTION: When I get onboard tomorrow, what's the best way to ask for a room change? Should I ask while going through the boarding process? Or wait until I get to the room, check it out, and then (a) visit the customer service desk, or (b) call someone from the room phone?

Also if I ask the service desk for a change, should I do so right away, or should I wait until the next morning to ask for a change (presumably after hearing noise)?

If I can't change, I'm fine with it, I'll enjoy the cruise regardless, but just checking for tips.

Also, I'm not looking to make "fake complaints" to staff. If the room is reasonably quiet, I'm happy to stay.

What cabin are you I'm....we have a GTY also for tomorrow

I had a GTY inside cabin. It was the absolute worst cabin I've ever been in, and the last time I'll do a GTY. I was next to some sort of elevator that went to the buffet. The noise started about 4am - even with ear plugs and a pillow over my head, it woke me up. Banging, talking, squeaking, rolling, etc. The noise was off and on through the day and late into the night as well, but was worse in the am. I politely went to Guest Services and let them know I understood I had a GTY, but was there anyway they could save me. To not get sleep for 7 days was not my idea of a vacation. The ship was supposedly full - but they said if I waited until after the first port they'd see what they could do. I begged for help, and they came through and helped me make the move to another inside cabin. It was quiet - I was happy. I do know that the 'ship is full' sign is not always the case. I've been moved one other time at my request due to a diffeerent kind of noise issue. I found being super polite but persistent helps. I wish you luck!!!!!

You have absolutely nothing to loose by asking at guest relations.

We were on a cruise on the Summit when a tearful elderly couple in a CS told us they could not safely get in/out of the bath (high up and shower over). The Michael's Club host arranged for them to have an inside cabin too to use for showering...This was a full cruise. They must keep a couple of rooms spare for emergencies like a room flooding...

Just be aware that other rooms also available may also be noisy or have other issues...As others have said I would try your room for one night first and go with quality ear plugs! A late night cognac is a great relaxant too! It won't stop any noise but it may bother you less.

We always prebook 'quiet' rooms but still go with our ear plugs...a baby next door, someone who has the TV on really loud...

Hope you have a great cruise!

• 4 weeks later...

A quick update.

I was on Celebrity Summit from Newark to Bermuda on July 10, 2016.

Got a great deal on a guaranteed interior cabin.

Was assigned cabin #3067. Googling the cabin I read a review that this was a noisy room so I had some concern.

I didn't ask about changes or upgrades during the boarding/check-in process. I figured if the room was noisy, I would gently complain the next day when on board.

Turns out the room was fine! Nice little room, tight, but clean and newish and plenty of space for what we needed for two, including having breakfast in bed most days.

We did hear a little bit of stairs and/or door slamming noise early a couple of the mornings (6am-ish) ... this is probably what others were complaining about ... but it didn't really bother us at all. I wouldn't be surprised to hear such noises in any room on the ship.

Great cruise ... highly recommended! This was our first cruise with an interior cabin and we didn't miss the window at all. A balcony is nice, but I'd be surprised if I ever pay for more than an interior cabin in the future.

Also our first cruise with Celebrity. Nice relaxing vibe on the ship which we liked. The only thing is the after 11pm night life was a bit sleepy, would have been nice to have better late night parties.

Edited by rhume55

If noise is an issue..they will send someone to verify . If it is confirmed, they may offer u another stateroom if one is available.

On Connie we booked a midships AQ stateroom that was under where the band and DJ played on the pool deck. We thought this was a good choice..,oh so wrong!

As soon as we entered, the noise and vibration from the sailaway party was impossible. Followed by stomping and zumba. And there would surely be late deck parties, afternoon action...etc

Although we were mostly unpacked, we called to request another room, they sent someone right away who could not believe how bad it was. They almost immediately offered us another room, suggested we look at it and if ok that we grab it as others also wanted to move, .We were very happy with a stateroom more forward...ever so peaceful.

Glad it worked out ok for OP

So usually i think they have a few spots they can offer...even if sailing full.

Edited by hcat

Signs up on our cruise last year that the ship was full, but halfway through the cruise someone employed on the ship by a third party got themselves into trouble and for 3 days was kept in an outside view cabin with someone on watch all the time. They left the ship when we reached Lisbon.

I suppose also that there's a reasonable chance that on a busy cruise with lots of ports as the cruise progresses some guests (and guest entertainers) will leave the ship for various reasons and may leave a cabin vacant.