Non-Diamond and Diamond in the same cabin

I have question: if my DW (Diamond) would sail with my DS 26 yo (non Diamond) in the same cabin, will my DS get Diamond benefits and access to Diamond lounge?

Thanks,

Mike

• 9 months later...
Wow. So I am Diamond, and my husband is Platinum. And he will not be allowed in the Diamond lounge (most likely). Good to know in advance. thanks.

If you have the same residence address, call C&A and ask them to link your husband to your C&A account. You will then share the same level, whichever is higher.

Wow. So I am Diamond, and my husband is Platinum. And he will not be allowed in the Diamond lounge (most likely). Good to know in advance. thanks.

Your husband is a different scenario. You should call RC C&A an link your reservations. Married couples and couples with the same mailing address share each other's C&A status.

I have question: if my DW (Diamond) would sail with my DS 26 yo (non Diamond) in the same cabin, will my DS get Diamond benefits and access to Diamond lounge?

Thanks,

Mike

When did you become D and how old was your son at that time. If, I believe, he was 18 or younger--wonder if RCL can turn back the clock and bestow D on him.

Just ask. The concierge will probably say no, but if the sailing is not busy you may be pleasantly surprised.

I ask every cruise my best friend and I take. We've never been told no, but we are careful to make sure the concierge knows we will be fine with not doing it. Usually, the answer is qualified by space allowed.

This has been 4 cruises over the past 8 years.

I ask every cruise my best friend and I take. We've never been told no, but we are careful to make sure the concierge knows we will be fine with not doing it. Usually, the answer is qualified by space allowed.

This has been 4 cruises over the past 8 years.

I think you have been incredibly lucky. Most people say the answer is no - and I agree, especially with free drinks loaded on the Seapass card. The lounges are so crowded and I have found ID checking to be more diligent recently,

On Cc people have also reported no - it's unfortunate that guests still put concierge in that predicament. How hard is it to follow the rules. Lounges are meant for the people who have earned the right to use them, or are staying in a suite with lounge privileges.

I think you have been incredibly lucky. Most people say the answer is no - and I agree, especially with free drinks loaded on the Seapass card. The lounges are so crowded and I have found ID checking to be more diligent recently,

On Cc people have also reported no - it's unfortunate that guests still put concierge in that predicament. How hard is it to follow the rules. Lounges are meant for the people who have earned the right to use them, or are staying in a suite with lounge privileges.

Totally agree. The concierges already have their hands full with special requests, it is not very polite to ask them to go against the posted rules. And also agree, that IS why the free drinks loaded onto sea pass cards can be used in any lounge with any level of passenger.

Not fair to the concierge, or the pax that have paid for the privilege.

Your husband is a different scenario. You should call RC C&A an link your reservations. Married couples and couples with the same mailing address share each other's C&A status.

How do I confirm this is true? WE are moving in with another couple who are both Diamond

How do I confirm this is true? WE are moving in with another couple who are both Diamond

Not sure I understand your question. Married couples or couples living at the same address receive the same C&A status. Example - couple get married - one is diamond and one is emerald. When they get married, share an address, etc. they are linked and both diamond.

Notice you say "we" - assume you are a couple, living together at the same address (don't have to married), you would both have the same status if you link your C&A accounts. You get each other's status - not the same as the other residents at the house. Hope that makes sense.

Minor children at the same address share their parents ' status until they are 18.

Another example - I sail solo. If one of my adult children sails with me and lives with me they do not get my status. They are adults with their own account.

I got off easy on this thrread: only two lectures. I get it every time I answer a question on this subject, but I believe that everyone is entitled to an answer to their question, and my answers are based on my own experience.

It amuses me that I continue to get these lectures about being rude, being unfair, being this or that. RCCL run full service hotels; they can adjust their policies to fit the needs of the passengers at will. It's their decision when we ask. We are not bulies, we do not coerce, we tell the Concierge up front that we know this is an exception, and we will cheerfully abide by his or her decision.

I make it clear we will take our drinks outside the DL if it's crowded (which is now allowed on all ships), and that we are fine with not coming in at all, the Concierge makes the decision at his or her discretion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It just amuses me what a hot button this one is, and how judgemental people are on this board about it. I find it petty for posters to go off about this, but that's the price I pay for being honest and answering this question. It happens every time, but the question deserves a "this is the policy" as well as "this is what happens in real life" answer.

It is true. I have the same amount of points as my DH but he has cruised more than I. Our 17 yo DD has the same amount of points as my DH and I and she has cruise less than both of us. There are "inherited" points from your other half (or parents for minors). But they are counting for the status.

When DD turns 18 she will lose the inherited points and her account will only show the points she has earned herself. But she won´t lose the status she received with the inherited points. If I go on a cruise on my own I will also lose inherited points as I gain earned points. So as an example: I go on a 7 night cruise without DH. I have 80 points earned and 14 points inherited. After that cruise I have 87 points earned and only 7 points inherited (and my total of points will be the same as prior the cruise).

It´s the same for Celebrity.

You only have to link your accounts. Call C&A!

steamboats

It is true. I have the same amount of points as my DH but he has cruised more than I. Our 17 yo DD has the same amount of points as my DH and I and she has cruise less than both of us. There are "inherited" points from your other half (or parents for minors). But they are counting for the status.

When DD turns 18 she will lose the inherited points and her account will only show the points she has earned herself. But she won´t lose the status she received with the inherited points. If I go on a cruise on my own I will also lose inherited points as I gain earned points. So as an example: I go on a 7 night cruise without DH. I have 80 points earned and 14 points inherited. After that cruise I have 87 points earned and only 7 points inherited (and my total of points will be the same as prior the cruise).

It´s the same for Celebrity.

You only have to link your accounts. Call C&A!

steamboats

Another example, my children were under 18 when we became D. We applied and they received the same designation. When they got married, their spouses got the same identical designation. Going forward, they will have to earn the next tier on their own even though we achieved D+ as they were older than 18.. My grandchildren also got the D designation on only one 7 night cruise from their parents (my children).

My kid was mad at me that I did not make it to Diamond before his 18th birthday. Now he needs to work his way up the line on his own.

The only perks a person would get sharing a room with a Diamond is they check in the same line, which is not always faster. Diamond status remains an earned perk, or at least get married to a Diamond as a loophole.