Lost rings

Several years ago we traveled with friends to Disney and after they switched rooms, their son remembered that he had left his brand new iPod in the room. The Front Desk told them the same thing, that they could not ask the new guests about it because they would think they were being accused of stealing. Fortunately for my friends, they got it back, so I wish you the same good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would have knocked on their cabin door myself.

I would have knocked on their cabin door myself.

I want to say that's what they did because that's I told them I would do but I don't honestly remember! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On departing Voyager in April my son realized that he had left his ipad on the bed in our cabin. We immediately returned to the port but the ship had already sailed. Three months later and after numerous phone calls and emails all we receive is replies thanking us for our 'comprehension' as they haven't received a reply from the ship about it. This was after we were told it would be a maximum of 3 weeks for a resolution.

Obviously leaving something on board = don't hold your breath.

Thanks for the Roll call suggestion. :( :mad:

On departing Voyager in April my son realized that he had left his ipad on the bed in our cabin. We immediately returned to the port but the ship had already sailed. Three months later and after numerous phone calls and emails all we receive is replies thanking us for our 'comprehension' as they haven't received a reply from the ship about it. This was after we were told it would be a maximum of 3 weeks for a resolution.

Obviously leaving something on board = don't hold your breath.

Thanks for the Roll call suggestion. :( :mad:

I lost my Wedding ring on the Vision last year, I do have a bad habit of not putting things in the safe, when I was packing I looked in the ziplock bag and saw gold and assumed it was in there, when I got home I realised it was actually a gold neck chain, I called RCI and emailed a friend on another ship and asked her to contact Vision but nothing turned up. Strangest thing was that on day 1 the attendant introduced herself and her parting words were that if we could not find anything to ask her first before reporting it as she puts things away while tidying up. I'm not accusing anyone as it could just have easily been knocked into the waste bin and thrown out, but I still wonder, the insurance would cover it but as it was made of Welsh gold the company no longer makes it. Lesson learned. :)

• 2 weeks later...
wonderful!!

I posted a few weeks ago regarding my daughters engagement and eternity rings she left in the safe on Anthem of the Seas. . RC phoned to say they had recovered them as few days later. Now 3 1/2 weeks later they seem to have lost track of them and are not being very helpful. It is difficult to return a phone call and talk to the same person each time we try. . Any suggestions on who we should contact that would give us some help.

I posted a few weeks ago regarding my daughters engagement and eternity rings she left in the safe on Anthem of the Seas. . RC phoned to say they had recovered them as few days later. Now 3 1/2 weeks later they seem to have lost track of them and are not being very helpful. It is difficult to return a phone call and talk to the same person each time we try. . Any suggestions on who we should contact that would give us some help.

Sorry to hear that. Can't say I'm surprised though. Lost and found is at the bottom of the list of priorities at RCCL....

I posted a few weeks ago regarding my daughters engagement and eternity rings she left in the safe on Anthem of the Seas. . RC phoned to say they had recovered them as few days later. Now 3 1/2 weeks later they seem to have lost track of them and are not being very helpful....

Aww, sorry to hear this. Is your daughter a Crown and Anchor loyalty member? She could try phoning them at 800-526-9723.

This is horrible. What about posting on Royals FB page. Maybe getting lots of people to share the post would make someone "remember" where they are.

If they had them,and said so, now RCCL lost them. They should be financially responsible.

I don't think that will happen but thank you for the thought. It is frustrating that we cannot talk to the same person twice and they are very slow at returning calls.

Rrunner, try Christopher Elliott...he is a consumer advocate and has a good website. On his website he lists names and contact numbers at hundreds of companies. He also has a forum where you can contact him. I hope you can track them down. The executives on his website may be able to help and if they can't I bet he will. He always wants a paper trail...emails, etc. He continually says to email, get paper responses, phone calls are pretty worthless...however, he does help folks who only have phone records. Good luck!