Hotel Recommendation

Gitana

Springhill Suites is very popular with cruisers. Free airport/cruise port shuttle. Complimentary breakfast. Have stayed there twice and have been quite happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It depends on what your looking for and your budget....Yes Embassy Suites is a favorite....but same approx. location and priced better is Hyatt Place...try pricing it using:

http://www.valuetrips.com

A favorite site of many on these boards when booking Hyatt Place...or for Embassy Suites try joining and using Hilton Honors website.

Edited by Ashland

Yes, many more responses on Fl departures. You can also do a search and this same question is posted all the time. So you can read up on the many places. Many cruisers like the 17th st area. We always stay at the Hyatt Place 17th St. We also use Valuetrips.com for a deal when there is one. Depends on time of yr if you can save more. We're playing 99.00 for Sep. Free shuttle from the airport...free breakfast. Close to port, restaurants, grocery store across the street and a wine store. Good location.

I use my Hilton points and always use them to stay free at Embassy Suites. We have a car-but easy to walk to shops-safe area.( My husband wakes up way earlier than I do-we love 2 rooms). Book early though-They are already sold out for our next cruise-Dec. 3rd-glad I booked early!

• 2 months later...

I am on the Feb 12 sailing on the Freedom of the Seas, traveling with a group. We have a group rate at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina.

The group rate is $239.00. Reg rate is in the area of $300.00.

The group rate applies to any these dates: Feb 6 - Feb 14, 2017.

We have a parking discount too. During the hotel stay and also during the cruise.

And complimentary in-room wifi.

Get in touch if you want more info: desertstorm25th@gmail.com

Here is the hotel info: The Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina

1881 SE 17TH STREET, FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA, 33316

The Hilton is 2 miles from the Ft Lauderdale Airport (FLL)

and less than 1 mile from the Cruise Ship Pier.

The group is a military reunion. As we are now less than 4 months from sailing, we need to make sure that all of the rooms in our group block get booked, as we are under a contract with the hotel.

I have tried booking Embassy suites many times but the price is much higher than other hotels. We ended up staying further away since we drive in anyway and I was able to get the room for less than 1/2 the price. I keep checking rates but so far early Jan. at Embassy is over $300 per night. Would love to try it but not at that price.

I have tried booking Embassy suites many times but the price is much higher than other hotels. We ended up staying further away since we drive in anyway and I was able to get the room for less than 1/2 the price. I keep checking rates but so far early Jan. at Embassy is over $300 per night. Would love to try it but not at that price.

This was our experience also. We booked the Hilton Garden in Dania and drove to the port. We parked with Park & Go.

We usually stay at Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place. When in April are you going, as hotels can be pricey (and booked up) during part of the month?

Spring vacation for the northeast (anyway) is usually the 3rd week of April and Florida is always desirable after having gone through a long winter. This year spring vacation also includes Easter.

If your cruise is during that time, I (personally) wouldn't wait too long to book a hotel.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Jan

Our favorite is Lago Mar but it's a little more pricey than others. We walk out to the beach and watch the parade of ships departing the night before our sailing.

Sent from my Bat phone using Tapatalk.

It depends on what your looking for and your budget....Yes Embassy Suites is a favorite....but same approx. location and priced better is Hyatt Place...try pricing it using:

http://www.valuetrips.com

A favorite site of many on these boards when booking Hyatt Place...or for Embassy Suites try joining and using Hilton Honors website.

We have used Hyatt Place several times and have booked it through Valuetrips. We have it booked again for January.

We have used Hyatt Place several times and have booked it through Valuetrips. We have it booked again for January.

Ditto for us on several occasions. Great hotel, breakfast included, shopping area and restaurants close by, and good rates on value trips. We would book there again in the future. :)

Another vote for Hyatt place. There's a shopping strip across the street with food, shopping and grocery store. You can also catch the trolley from the grocery store or out on the main st. So convenient if you want to go down by the beach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This was our experience also. We booked the Hilton Garden in Dania and drove to the port. We parked with Park & Go.

That is our go to hotel.

Take a cab both ways. Car rental is an excellent choice for flexibility.

Don't worry about how close you are to the pier. There is not a whole lot of difference in the cab fare. The closer to the water it seems to get more expensive. We didn't worry too much about amenities since we are at the hotel less than 24 hours.

Enjoy your cruise.