The Emperor tries on Regents New er third hand "New" Clothes - Yes an Explorer review

Have enjoyed your photos and comments, but I guess my real question to you would be:

Are you having a good time? From some of your tone, it's hard to tell if it's really good sarcasm or are things really that bad??!!!

...to one that started a rebellion on a bus.

Did I miss that post? I think I'd have remembered that one, since we had a near rebellion on a tour in Valletta last month. :)

(And for the record, no, it wasn't me that rebelled...although I might have joined the rebels pretty quickly.)

I think that bus rebellions would be an interesting thread. We have encountered this twice - once the passengers won and the other was won by the tour guide (who ended up with no tips).

Emperor, really have enjoyed your photos and commentary (although don't think I'll be ordering the girl scout drink - I'll stick to Mexican Butterfly's and Chocolate Martinis:) ). Thank you!

Did I miss that post? I think I'd have remembered that one, since we had a near rebellion on a tour in Valletta last month. :)

(And for the record, no, it wasn't me that rebelled...although I might have joined the rebels pretty quickly.)

I haven't gotten to the bus rebellion yet;)

Don't remember if I've chimed in on this thread yet. Like the others, I want to say that it's a real dandy. I guess I'm more interested in things like bus rebellions than I am in drinks, but since libations have been a big part of the thread, I thought I'd note a quip that I saw recently: "It's not so much whether the glass is half-empty or half-full. Main thing to keep in mind is that it's REFILLABLE!" Fortunate folks who are alive on this planet and able to enjoy their pleasures on Regent's fine ships.

-- from a poster who resents (ok: let's say regrets) the skimpy beds in H and G on Explorer

What is in a dirty girl scout?

Yummmo!

Scale ingredients to servings

1 oz vodka

1 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur

1 oz Bailey's® Irish cream

1 oz white creme de menthe

( looks like green to me)

I'm in for after dinner drink!!

K

Read more: Dirty Girl Scout recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink3191.html#ixzz4H9fXWpUF

Yummmo!

Scale ingredients to servings

1 oz vodka

1 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur

1 oz Bailey's® Irish cream

1 oz white creme de menthe

( looks like green to me)

I'm in for after dinner drink!!

K

Read more: Dirty Girl Scout recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink3191.html#ixzz4H9fXWpUF

Thanks so much for posting that recipe. Unfortunately I am not into Bailey's Irish cream but the rest of the ingredients sound great. I do enjoy a Black Russian and, as mentioned, a chocolate martini. Perhaps on our November cruise, if you are in the Observation Lounge I can smell your Dirty Girl Scout. I think I would like it better with Kahlua, white crème de menthe and Godiva Chocolate Liqueur. Fortunately, we will have plenty of time to taste a lot of different drinks:D

Some people look at the glass and say it's half-full.

Some people look at the glass and say it's half-empty.

I look at the glass and say, "Yay! Room for more Scotch!" (Especially on Regent where it's included!!)

This is easily one of the best posts ever!

gnomie :)

The ocean above you in Compass Rose

DSC00537-XL.jpg

DSC00536-XL.jpg

This trip was mostly about the ship as a destination. I'd been to a lot of the ports before, but some were new, and some will remain new. Oops.

The next port was Sanary Sur Mer and I took some time to sleep in. I spent most of the day with Elena at the pool bar.

Dinner was in Compass Rose again.

Carpaccio

DSC00538-XL.jpg

"Caesar" salad with the offensive critter relocated. Why is it so hard to get a true Caesar? Hearts of romain and dressing. Oh and there should be garlic in the dressing. Per the creators daughter the only anchovy in it should be from the Worcestershire. It seems a lot of lines/restaurants today serve a very loose interpretation of this classic salad.

DSC00539-XL.jpg

Pasta tonight was closer to mush.

DSC00540-XL.jpg

The sorbets ranged from interesting to odd. However due to the way this site edits even hyperlinks this particular sorbet/image will not be appearing here.

Edited by Emperor Norton

Tournedo Rossini was good, but the foie gras from the other night was better.

DSC00542-XL.jpg

Gotta try them all

DSC00543-XL.jpg

The molten cake was all dried up

DSC00546-XL.jpg

Strawberry ice cream was nice

DSC00545-XL.jpg

DSC00547-XL.jpg

The zapper again means another night ended in the Observation lounge.

DSC00548-XL.jpg

Edited by Emperor Norton

Tonights color scheme at time of shooting was a bit different.

DSC00549-XL.jpg

After some time in the lounge I went out on deck. The color scheme and look, especially at night remind me of the Oceania Rivieria.

DSC00555-XL.jpg

DSC00556-XL.jpg

DSC00557-XL.jpg

I'm going to take a minute to discuss the Pool Bar. It seems that everyone I spoke to felt it had the same shortcomings.

1. No outside view - it has this odd "artsy" shaped glass obscuring what would be an outside view

2. No fans/ A/C - when 105/40 outside it is, this place could use something to cool it down, perhaps even a misting system

3. The stools - people were hoping these were temps. They weren't overly comfortable, and seemed designed by people that never have seen an actual bar stool.

4. The support running through the middle of the bar - perhaps start the bar on the other side of the pole thus eliminating a physical bottleneck?

We also received these

DSC00559-XL.jpg

DSC_6623-XL.jpg