The new " Edge " class ship information/ date.

Kevnzworld

The yard's hull number for the first Edge class btw:

"october 2018 (J34)"

Can't find anything related on Google, sometimes a supplier or manufacturer unintendedly posts some news.. :)

Yes, STX's "code numbers" are in sequence: Edge I - J34, Edge II - K34, Edge III - L34 and Edge IV - M34.

I wonder if there are any plans to place premium cabins at the front of the ship presently occupied by the fitness center and moving it to the interior.

Reflection added the priciest cabin to the area formerly part of the Sky Lounge.

I hope not !!! The exercise facility with a view out the front of the ship is one of the best features of the S-Class ships. A forward facing balcony really wouldn't be very enjoyable.

Agreed. As said earlier, the atrium and library and green section have a lot of dead space on S class.

I have to disagree with this. Yes they are large, relatively underused areas, but that is the reason they are absolutely necessary. When you are in an high volume space for a week or more with a large number of other people, having a place to escape is almost a necessity. I'd hate to have to run to my cabin all the time just to get some space. :)

This is even more important if the line is trying to position these new ships at a higher price point. To me, a big selling point of the S class ships is the ability to find a few out of the way places. I don't really like fighting my way through crowds my entire vacation.

I have to disagree with this. Yes they are large, relatively underused areas, but that is the reason they are absolutely necessary. When you are in an high volume space for a week or more with a large number of other people, having a place to escape is almost a necessity. I'd hate to have to run to my cabin all the time just to get some space. :)

This is even more important if the line is trying to position these new ships at a higher price point. To me, a big selling point of the S class ships is the ability to find a few out of the way places. I don't really like fighting my way through crowds my entire vacation.

I wasn't saying that all the space should be removed. However, it is a fact that there is a lot of unused and currently unusable space on that class of ship e.g. a two storey library with fake books that are inaccessible, and the massive atrium. If that were reduced that would help achieve the figures suggested.

Whether that's a good thing or not is a different point, and somewhat subjective.

They could move the spa and gym to a lower level like on the Oasis and Regal/Royal Princess. This would allow for more balcony rooms and/or suites.

I feel that the Edge class will further reduce (or eliminate) standard oceanviews, have more rooms with balconies, but perhaps a higher percentage of inside rooms as well. The Solstice Class have very few inside rooms for her size.

I usually only post on the RCI board, but I have to admit that the Edge Class has caught my attention. I scanned through this thread and saw the idea of no MDR... I thought I would point out that Royal has just announced that Dynamic Dining (their concept of 4 free restaurants replacing the MDR on Quantum Class) is being discontinued. Now, 2 of the dining rooms will be used for traditional, and 2 for My Time.

Wondering if that could change Celebrity's ideas about removing the MDR on Edge Class.

I usually only post on the RCI board, but I have to admit that the Edge Class has caught my attention. I scanned through this thread and saw the idea of no MDR... I thought I would point out that Royal has just announced that Dynamic Dining (their concept of 4 free restaurants replacing the MDR on Quantum Class) is being discontinued. Now, 2 of the dining rooms will be used for traditional, and 2 for My Time.

Wondering if that could change Celebrity's ideas about removing the MDR on Edge Class.

Removing the MDR was never announced. Keeping the MDR was not announced either. At this time Celebity's plans or ideas for Edge Class are unknown. The only facts are 117,000 GT and 2900 passengers. Anything else is speculation.

Edited by Charles4515

Removing the MDR was never announced. Keeping the MDR was not announced either. At this time Celebity's plans or ideas for Edge Class are unknown. The only facts are 117,000 GT and 2900 passengers.

Okay...I never said any of those things. All I said was that I was reading through this thread, saw the discussion of there possibly being no MDR, and thought I would point out that RCI, Celebrity's sister brand, is abandoning their no-MDR-concept, which could possible impact whether or not Edge has a MDR.

Okay...I never said any of those things. All I said was that I was reading through this thread, saw the discussion of there possibly being no MDR, and thought I would point out that RCI, Celebrity's sister brand, is abandoning their no-MDR-concept, which could possible impact whether or not Edge has a MDR.

My point is that none knows Celebrity's ideas about the MDR. You are wondering if their ideas about removing the MDR would change when we don't know if they had or have that idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My point is that none knows Celebrity's ideas about the MDR. You are wondering if their ideas about removing the MDR would change when we don't know if they had or have that idea.

I was more posting just for the sake of discussion (like every other post on this thread). I know that no one can answer the question. I shouldn't have used the word "wondering".

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

The elimination of dynamic dining on Quantum class ships is good news. Never experienced it, but from what I've read, it is not too popular, which ha made us reluctant to try Anthem. Thanks for the heads up!

Concerning the Edge ships, Carles is right; very little actual facts have been announced, although you could not tell that by reading this thread. We here on the Celebrity boards love our rumors! You must have the sane over on RCI!

The elimination of dynamic dining on Quantum class ships is good news. Never experienced it, but from what I've read, it is not too popular, which ha made us reluctant to try Anthem. Thanks for the heads up!

Concerning the Edge ships, Carles is right; very little actual facts have been announced, although you could not tell that by reading this thread. We here on the Celebrity boards love our rumors! You must have the sane over on RCI!

Oh believe me, the same ol' rumor mill is alive and well over on the Royal board!

Didn't mean to start any controversies with my wording. I know that not much is known about the Edge Class. I was simply posting just for the purpose of conversation and speculation. I wasn't actually asking a question. ;):)

Oh believe me, the same ol' rumor mill is alive and well over on the Royal board!

Didn't mean to start any controversies with my wording. I know that not much is known about the Edge Class. I was simply posting just for the purpose of conversation and speculation. I wasn't actually asking a question. ;):)

Thanks for the information

Hi, I see a lot of my RCCL friends here.

The elimination of dynamic dining on Quantum class ships is not good news. Yes it needed major tweaking, and many bugs to work out, but since we have experienced it, we are sad to see it go, Sometimes change is good, IMHO the major problem was having to make reservations 6o to 9o days out then getting 9:30 dinner. It should have been more of a My Time Dining then what they set up. :confused:

Looking for more updates on the Edge and her home port? Any guesses?

Thanks everyone:)

Hi, I see a lot of my RCCL friends here.

The elimination of dynamic dining on Quantum class ships is not good news. Yes it needed major tweaking, and many bugs to work out, but since we have experienced it, we are sad to see it go, Sometimes change is good, IMHO the major problem was having to make reservations 6o to 9o days out then getting 9:30 dinner. It should have been more of a My Time Dining then what they set up. :confused:

Looking for more updates on the Edge and her home port? Any guesses?

Thanks everyone:)

Celebrity needs to start doing some partial reveals like Royal has done prior to their new classes of ships. That builds anticipation and the desire to book the new class of ship.

As for home ports. Hopefully one of the new class would be home ported at Cape Liberty. Please don't send them to China.....

The Edge class will have half the amount of people that Quantum class.

It might work if they will have smaller dining rooms with the same menu like Princess has. I like smaller dining rooms.

Cape Liberty will be perfect for us, we booked the Silhouette way before she was built and sailed her maiden Caribbean voyage from Bayonne.

By the way, Cape Liberty has been redone and is awesome!! :)

We sailed on Silhouette in December, 2011 and loved it, but Celebrity had hard time selling cruises from Bayonne in the winter. I doubt they will repeat the history.

I really can't get excited about the Edge Class until:

1. The first piece is cut

2. The itinerary is published

3. The cabin cost is released

Why get excited about something I might never experience?

Well I'm excited.

Looking forward to something new and different.

And there's nothing that would keep me from experiencing it! :D

I really can't get excited about the Edge Class until:

1. The first piece is cut

2. The itinerary is published

3. The cabin cost is released

Why get excited about something I might never experience?

I am excited about it because these days I usually book Celebrity. Also I think they did very good with S Class, and M Class is getting long of tooth. That does not mean I will book Edge Class. When the details are out I will decide.

Edited by Charles4515

Well I'm excited.

Looking forward to something new and different.

And there's nothing that would keep me from experiencing it! :D

I have complete confidence that you and yours will be enjoying drinks and conversation in Michael's Club on the first new build. I really hope that I can join you! I'll probably get more excited as more information is released, but really not excited now.

Hope to see you much sooner than the not yet cut, not yet named new build.

I have complete confidence that you and yours will be enjoying drinks and conversation in Michael's Club on the first new build. I really hope that I can join you! I'll probably get more excited as more information is released, but really not excited now.

Hope to see you much sooner than the not yet cut, not yet named new build.

Well you have plenty of time to build up your enthusiasm... ;)

And keep space on your calendar open for Fall of 2018. :)

Edited by C-Dragons