Sharing drinks packages

That's why I like the drink cards. They can be shared and still allow you to get the drinks at a discount. I just wish they offered them for the entire trip. We don't really drink enough to warrant a drink package but the cards are handy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So...I'm diamond as is my mom ....we each would get three drinks a nite 5-8 ...i get the drink package because i like to drink what i like . So she might have one a nite ...now if i hand her one drink a day by the pool is it really stealing since we leave five drinks a day on the table???? Just a thought... last cruise i handed her one pina colada in 12 nites ..she bought others .I would never share a package with a drinker .....

I wonder what you will say to your son or daughter when they say "I only cheated once a day". How will this be handled as they are emulating you?

That's why I like the drink cards. They can be shared and still allow you to get the drinks at a discount. I just wish they offered them for the entire trip. We don't really drink enough to warrant a drink package but the cards are handy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have never had it offered on any of my cruises. I hope it's available on Brilliance.

Sorry for taking this thread OT but is it allowed to order a drink for my wife if we both have the drink package?

Even if I don't want anything to drink but my wife asks me to go get her a drink?

She usually does this in most bars or places we go to where there aren't any waitors, she just is to laz... hmmm.. comfortable to go to the bar and get a drink if she is laying by the pool for example, then she always sends me to get her something and I will always try to be a gentleman and good husband to my wife since I remember the magic Words: happy wife=happy Life ;)

Sorry for taking this thread OT but is it allowed to order a drink for my wife if we both have the drink package?

Even if I don't want anything to drink but my wife asks me to go get her a drink?

She usually does this in most bars or places we go to where there aren't any waitors, she just is to laz... hmmm.. comfortable to go to the bar and get a drink if she is laying by the pool for example, then she always sends me to get her something and I will always try to be a gentleman and good husband to my wife since I remember the magic Words: happy wife=happy Life ;)

Of course!!! If you are BOTH ordering drinks, just make sure you have both cards.

yes just bring her card....when i was on crutches my sister would bring both cards to the bar.....

It is stories like this that cause me to discount most cocktail lounge talk. Both occupants of a stateroom must have drink packages or no drink package for either. It's OK for only one to upgrade though.

Nope you both don't have to buy the drink package on Royal. You're incorrect.

It is stories like this that cause me to discount most cocktail lounge talk. Both occupants of a stateroom must have drink packages or no drink package for either. It's OK for only one to upgrade though.

You are incorrect or misinformed. Both occupants DO NOT have to have a drink package, or any at all.

I wonder what you will say to your son or daughter when they say "I only cheated once a day". How will this be handled as they are emulating you?

So your kids must create unnecessary guilt trips and lay judgement on people you don't know? Or maybe they are just shaking their heads in disgust as well.

Seriously, w t f.... Comments like these is the basis of cyber bullying and are completely out of line.

Edited by csnarpy

This is not personal but I always laugh when the "drink police" come into these threads and keep harping the same old story. I laugh because the majority of cruisers bring on their own water, soda or whatever -including said police.

Both are against the rules and yet I never see the "non-alcoholic drink police" around. It still takes money away form RC.

Both of these rules will continue to be broken until changes are made or are better enforced but that's on royal not us and, in until that time, people will do what they will do.

Do I care if someone shares a package, not one bit. Just like I don't care if someone brings 2 cases of bottled water on board. Either way, there is consequences if RC starts enforcing, as long as those people realize what those consequences are then that's all that matters.

Cheers.

popcorn.gif

There are some subtle yet important differences between sharing a drink package and bringing water on board.

When someone brings water or soda on board they are not trying to hide it. It is out in the open, in plain view and in many cases delivered to their room by Royal employees. Since Royal is choosing to ignore this policy and is in fact helping people bring on board beverages you can no longer say that you are breaking the rules by bringing water and soda on board.

Only when someone orders two drinks at a time and handing one drink to their spouse in full view of the bartender would I find this to be a valid comparison, but we all know that that is not going to happen.

So your kids must create unnecessary guilt trips and lay judgement on people you don't know? Or maybe they are just shaking their heads in disgust as well.

Seriously, w t f.... Comments like these is the basis of cyber bullying and are completely out of line.

Thank you .. I really had to reign in my sarcastic side not to reply

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

LOL, popcorn anyone?

...I always suspect some of the hardcore CC forum members could be paid by the cruise company to do the "police", "promote" and/or manipulate forum topics...

Edited by Rafa

This is not personal but I always laugh when the "drink police" come into these threads and keep harping the same old story. I laugh because the majority of cruisers bring on their own water, soda or whatever -including said police.

Both are against the rules and yet I never see the "non-alcoholic drink police" around. It still takes money away form RC.

Both of these rules will continue to be broken until changes are made or are better enforced but that's on royal not us and, in until that time, people will do what they will do.

Do I care if someone shares a package, not one bit. Just like I don't care if someone brings 2 cases of bottled water on board. Either way, there is consequences if RC starts enforcing, as long as those people realize what those consequences are then that's all that matters.

Cheers.

popcorn.gif

Man this is so spot on! Agree with everything you said. RCL knows this is going on so its on them to do something about it (if they even want to). If they do they will either crack down harder on it or they will switch to everyone in the room needing it.

I have no dig in this fight as my wife and I don't drink a whole lot and never get the package. I will buy a frozen drink and we will share it and do that maybe 4 times a cruise.

Edited by BigHouseFootball

Hence the reason prices go up, or on other lines, they force all adults in the same room purchase the drink package.

Actually, IMO, the prices have dropped in the lasy 18 mos. Not gone up. Liberty offers $10 drinks of all kind. Plus, the drink pkgs are being discounted, in addition, they're also offering drink cards at reduced prices.

For the record, both DH and I have a pkg for our upcoming cruise.

BUT, what about all the cc'rs who post on here about getting the package and trying every drink on the menu - because they can....and then if they don't like it, oh well.... just order something else.

Theft? Maybe. Waste? Definetely! Once the drink is poured it's poured.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm:confused:

I met two ladies in the Schooner lounge on Freedom who got caught. They were bitching to anyone who would listen that they had their one package cancelled with no refund and on top of it were charged for EVERY drink that was ordered on that package up until that time. So they lost the $400+ they paid for the package (I don't know if it was the Premium or Ultimate). The one lady who paid for the package was even arguing with her friend that she owed her for half the package and half the drinks... they were both a bit drunk.

It is so NOT worth cheating and stealing in my opinion.

There are some subtle yet important differences between sharing a drink package and bringing water on board.

When someone brings water or soda on board they are not trying to hide it. It is out in the open, in plain view and in many cases delivered to their room by Royal employees. Since Royal is choosing to ignore this policy and is in fact helping people bring on board beverages you can no longer say that you are breaking the rules by bringing water and soda on board.

Only when someone orders two drinks at a time and handing one drink to their spouse in full view of the bartender would I find this to be a valid comparison, but we all know that that is not going to happen.

I don't believe it to be theft either. But neither do I think buying a drink for someone w/ my drink package is theft either. Both are against the rules, but neither are theft. One difference I see between the two is that one PAYS for UNLIMITED amount of alcohol, the other pays nothing. So who's cheating who? But both are wrong in my books. But neither are theft.

I met two ladies in the Schooner lounge on Freedom who got caught. They were bitching to anyone who would listen that they had their one package cancelled with no refund and on top of it were charged for EVERY drink that was ordered on that package up until that time. So they lost the $400+ they paid for the package (I don't know if it was the Premium or Ultimate). The one lady who paid for the package was even arguing with her friend that she owed her for half the package and half the drinks... they were both a bit drunk.

It is so NOT worth cheating and stealing in my opinion.

If they paid via credit card, they need to dispute this charge. No way this can occur.

Yes

Yes there is. See your opening statement. It may be factored in, but it is still theft.

Why would they cut you off from purchasing more liquor on board? They aren't going to stop you from spending even more.

No they don't cut you off they suspend your package with no refund and you have to purchase your drinks after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If they paid via credit card, they need to dispute this charge. No way this can occur.

It absolutely can occur.

If you break the terms and conditions of purchasing the package they can absolutely cut you off and not refund any money. Works like that in any business.

I have no idea what they ended up doing. We saw them a few times the last few days of the cruise but steered clear. The were wanting everyone within earshot to sympathize and I just could not. Even if they refunded the package I have a feeling their drink costs when added up to be charged individually were well above the cost of even 2 packages.

We always buy two packages - so nice to pre-pay and not have to worry about it at the end of the cruise. I also like the fact that I can try new drinks and if I don't like it I don't have to finish it.

People who share are cheating and the end result just may be that RCL goes back to requiring all cabin mates to have a package. That never bothered us because we always buy it for both of us.