What was your favorite itinerary?

Reader0108598

Hello Fellows CC's :)

Looking for a cruise for next November,(2017) for DH's big Birthday.

I would like to book and plan early.

Looking for maybe a ten day with a few days on the front and back of cruise in port city.

Not the Caribbean or Panama canal ...we have done these :)

Any suggestion?

Thank You!

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Thanks so much both of you! Would love to do a MED cruise! A bit nervous ,have not traveled that far yet :) Do you book airfare through the cruiseline, for you med cruises?

I mostly do all my own bookings ,for my cruises.

Off to work ,will check in later :)

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Here are a few suggestions for Princess ships sailing in November 2017.

10 day Coral Princess Panama Canal, old locks, RT Fort Lauderdale

10 Day Caribbean Princess Panama Canal, New Locks, RT Fort Lauderdale

10 Day Ruby Princess, Sea of Cortez, RT San Pedro

15 Day Hawaii Star Princess RT San Pedro, lots of sea days which we enjoy.

15 Day Ft. Lauderdale to San Pedro, full transit Panama Canal, old locks.

We have done all these itineraries, except being in the new PC locks, and enjoyed them all.

Our favorite Nov. cruise so far-Venice to Ft. Lauderdale. It was a 19 day cruise. There were 8 ports and 6 days crossing the Atlantic at end of cruise. Venice, Dubrovnik, Salerno, Civitavecchia(Rome), Liverno(Florence/Pisa), Toulon, Barcelona, the Azores, then a 6 day crossing. :)

Do you really base your selection of a cruise based on other people's likes & dislikes?

Wow, that was kind of uncalled for....I don't think you were trying to be mean but that is how it came across. At least for me.

I personally love hearing about other peoples travels, it's why people write and read reviews. I thought I would love a British Isles cruise, but after reading tons of reviews I now realize that that would not be a cruise for me while I am still working. Way too port intensive and I would need another vacation after I get back just to relax.

My favorite cruises, by far, have been in the Mediterranean...Did a 13 night Adriatic a few years back now on Celebrity--Venice to Rome via Koper, Ravenna, Split, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Bari, Corfu, Malta, Sicily and Salerno--really hard to beat that itinerary...

Problem is that you will find nothing much like it in November...Maybe you should celebrate an early birthday?

As to flying to Europe, we've usually booked that on our own (just got a great deal for next June's cruises--round trip to Rome from California for only $745 pp on Air Berlin--got to book early)...But, the way the cruise line air programs work nowadays, it's pretty much the same as booking yourself anyway...

What we do is to book air anywhere from 2-10 days before the cruise and going home 2-4 days after the cruise...This does a few things for us: 1) It provides a buffer before the cruise to catch up with the major difference in time zones and with the jet lag and travel fatigue...and 2) to hedge against things like flight delays, missed connections and lost luggage...and 3) It gives us the opportunity to do some really special pre- and post-cruise stays...When we did that Adriatic cruise, we flew into Milan rather than Venice, rented a car and spent a week driving through Lake Como, St. Moritz, Merano, Verona and Padua on our way to the ship...and, after the cruise, we rented another car and drove up to Florence and back to Rome for four more nights combined. This past summer, for a Spain/Portugal cruise, we flew into Barcelona four nights early, then, after the cruise, took the train to Madrid and spent a week there. For our Rome-Rome back-to-backs next June, we're flying in four nights early and spending a couple of nights in Orvieto before heading to Civitvecchia, then spending three nights after the cruise, two of them in Tivoli...Then to the airport for the night before our morning flight home...

Good luck...

Edited by Bruin Steve

actually my favorite was the unplanned one, 2005 we had planned Western Caribbean, but Wilma messed it up, ended up going all the way down to Puerto Rico, Tortola and St. Thomas.

Would love to go back to Tortola again, and explore Puerto Rico more

November is a hard month. If your husband's birthday is early in November, the 14-day Quebec to Fort Lauderdale would be a good choice for something different. I've taken three cruises to New England/Canada and enjoyed them all but haven't had time to take this one--maybe next year when I'm retired.

Wow, that was kind of uncalled for....I don't think you were trying to be mean but that is how it came across. At least for me.

I personally love hearing about other peoples travels, it's why people write and read reviews. I thought I would love a British Isles cruise, but after reading tons of reviews I now realize that that would not be a cruise for me while I am still working. Way too port intensive and I would need another vacation after I get back just to relax.

All I was saying is that it's impossible to make a judgement based on other people opinions as to what they like. Why should you take a vacation to the places I enjoy?

Weird.

My favorite ... 28 Day Los Angeles - Hawaii - Samoas - Tahiti - Los Angeles

Hoping we will enjoy that one as much as others seem to have enjoyed it. Looking forward to it but it seem soooooooooo far off! Of course it doesn't fit the requirements stated by the OP as it far exceeds the time limits given.

As you can tell, roundtrip from LA to Hawaii was our favorite so far. We are still new to being cruisers :) but we want to keep on trying:D

We are doing it again this October (celebrating his birthday and 38 years of marriage) and it is so enjoyable. 15 days - 10 days of that @ sea -love it!

Last time we did it in April so we thought we would try the other season for sailing.

Whatever decision you make, have an enjoyable time.:)

My favorite? Hands down, the British Isles but they don't have them in November. At that time of year, your choices are limited. But, anywhere in the Med. would be a good experience if a little rain doesn't bother you. The crowds will be so much lighter that it will really enhance your experience. I think it'd be a really romantic way to memorialize your honeymoon. Best wishes.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario