Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

But best reason to book early, getting cabin you want. Aft corner cabin on Radiance class, even have 7 schedule so far now...

I agree 110%! :)

You want a specific cabin for a specific reason, day 1 of release is the only way to go... especially those aft corners...

Until of course one cancels at final payment date, or gets upgraded/upsold to a higher class cabin... and then I swoop in with my 1/2 price GTY (with healthy obc and perks from my TA) and I snatch it up :D

(I did that twice in the last 3 years, Vision JS aft corner 8588 came available about 60 days out and Adventure JS 1694 about 45 days out, picked up both by moving a GTY)

I think the above conditions may never happen again however with the re-classification of cabins and the new refundable vs non-refundable pricing.

Where have Royal said Singapore goes in on sale on Tuesday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prior deployment flyers indicated that Singapore would go on sale with Australia however I have not seen or heard any indication that that would be the case with this new date.

Having studied Radiance & Rhapsody TPs for 2 years before pulling the trigger, I can tell you my price on Rhapsody was almost exactly the same a year after.... I then had to move my deposit over to Radiance 2015. Radiance I booked on day #1 of release, my cabin was almost the same price at final payment. In fact Radiance TP and Explorer were on the Going Going Gone sale.

There's also an ongoing current thread here on CC about how many people are getting continuous price drops, proof positive that the best price is not always (sometimes it is) on day #1 of release. It depends on the cabin, class of ship, ports of call, length of cruise, time of year, war in the country being visited, etc etc etc.... many variables

That thread may pertain to lower category cabins. I haven't read it, but my personal experience is that the full suites and the JS sell out quickly. A few might come back at final payment, but that does not leave a lot of time to secure airfare and hotel at a good price.

I know they have done so in the past but with such an epic voyage like the TP that more or less sell out early, they will have over 4,000 very unhappy cruisers if they did!

So, once again, it looks like another case of same old, same old for 2019!

Personally I'm glad it's back. New to me.

We had to bail on the 2018 TP to jump on Mariner.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hawaii itineraries from Cruiseboy 305:

For those of you interesting in Hawaii for 2018/19 on Radiance

September 7th 2018 (10 Nights)

09/07/2018 Vancouver, British - 5pm

09/08/2018 At Sea

09/09/2018 At Sea

09/10/2018 At Sea

09/11/2018 At Sea

09/12/2018 At Sea

09/13/2018 Lahaina, Maui 08:00 AM - 11:00 PM

09/14/2018 Hilo, Hawaii, 09:30 AM - 07:00 PM

09/15/2018 Kailua Kona, Hawaii 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM

09/16/2018 Nawiliwili, Kauai, 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM

09/17/2018 Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, 6am

May 5th, 2019 (12 Nights)

05/05/2019 Honolulu, Oahu - 5PM

05/06/2019 Nawiliwili, Kauai, Hawaii

05/07/2019 Nawiliwili, Kauai,Depart: 04:00 PM

05/08/2019 Kailua Kona, 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM

05/09/2019 Lahaina, Maui, Arrive: 08:00 AM (with Explorer)

05/10/2019 Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii Depart: 06:00 PM

05/11/2019 Hilo, Hawaii, 07:00 AM - 05:00 PM

05/12/2019 At Sea

05/13/2019 At Sea

05/14/2019 At Sea

05/15/2019 At Sea

05/16/2019 At Sea

05/17/2019 Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for posting this! I am ready to "pounce" on the May 5, 2019 sailing :D

Heads Up!!

My TA has been in touch with me and is holding our cabin on the 2019 Explorer April 23 TP for booking on 5/30.

I am so excited, I even started the roll call. Who's going?

I didn't think cabins could be booked until the 30th? How are they holding your cabin, if I may ask?

You missed the awesome 10 and 12 day itineraries Oceania offers.

Not really. None at the time I want in 2019 which is March/April covering the places I want to visit, rather than the route via Fiji back to Sydney which all the mainstream lines offer and which we've done twice already. Couldn't see any 10/12 itineraries anyway, all 14 or longer. The Crystal Symphony Papeete to Auckland itinerary gives the best value and ports for me.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I didn't think cabins could be booked until the 30th? How are they holding your cabin, if I may ask?

My agent called me.....she lurks on here and knows what I want. She is independent, not an internet biggie. She may have a block, not sure, and she has our credit card #. Our cabin is on hold until booking. Reread my post.

My agent called me.....she lurks on here and knows what I want. She is independent, not an internet biggie. She may have a block, not sure, and she has our credit card #. Our cabin is on hold until booking. Reread my post.

I was curious about that too and I think the question is how is she able to access the sailing - to even put a cabin on hold?. :confused:

I was curious about that too and I think the question is how is she able to access the sailing - to even put a cabin on hold?. :confused:

Agree...this doesn't seem right that this can be done ahead of everyone else and their TA including booking directly with RCI by phone :confused::confused:

My husband and I are over the moon for this very special anniversary cruise.

We have NOT taken anyone's special cabin, we are booking a regular balcony which there are many.

I never meant to ruff up anyone's feathers, I just got an email from my TA, who happens to be on a cruise and jumped on board as any of you might do.

I do not know the particulars, I do not have any paperwork yet. The booking will go through probably the same time as everyone else's. I didn't butt in line as many of you think. I'm not that type of person.

We have NOT taken anyone's special cabin, we are booking a regular balcony which there are many.

I never meant to ruff up anyone's feathers, I just got an email from my TA, who happens to be on a cruise and jumped on board as any of you might do.

I do not know the particulars, I do not have any paperwork yet. The booking will go through probably the same time as everyone else's. I didn't butt in line as many of you think. I'm not that type of person.

No good deed goes unpunished. [emoji33]

This is why I don't share everything with the group. [emoji6]

Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yeah I had the Aft corner Jr Suite on her Repo, this after almost no sleep watching for sailings to open... Oh well got lot OBC and great rate on Serenade, in an Aft corner...

I just finished reading your roll call. Will be starting another.

You'll love Serenade with all the windows

You have taken my post totally wrong. I was curious because I have never waited for a sailing to before. I have an opportunity in 2019 to do the Hawaii to Seattle TP and I am very excited too - after 2 years of family weddings and graduations (in May). And like you, I am not booking any special or treasured cabin - in fact I will be booking an inside cabin. So, in my case, I want to get the opening day price since I am sailing solo......and history has proven that prices go up fast on these sailings,

This is an open forum to share information and you are right - you don't owe anyone any explanations. But I am glad you posted again so we can all benefit from your information :)

I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise and Happy Anniversary! I am very sorry if I upset you by asking questions.....

You have taken my post totally wrong. I was curious because I have never waited for a sailing to before. I have an opportunity in 2019 to do the Hawaii to Seattle TP and I am very excited too - after 2 years of family weddings and graduations (in May). And like you, I am not booking any special or treasured cabin - in fact I will be booking an inside cabin. So, in my case, I want to get the opening day price since I am sailing solo......and history has proven that prices go up fast on these sailings,

This is an open forum to share information and you are right - you don't owe anyone any explanations. But I am glad you posted again so we can all benefit from your information :)

I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise and Happy Anniversary! I am very sorry if I upset you by asking questions.....

Thank you Linda, for your kind response. I in no way mentioned anyone in particular........everyone including me has been in a giant misunderstanding, and all involved will be able to book these wonderful cruises quite soon.

Enjoy your cruise too, and thank you the anniversary wishes:champagne-toast: