Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Any word on Independence of the Seas Trans Atlantic in April or May 2018?

Could she be going across with no passengers like Explorer did a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing. Very possible she's dead heading to the U.K. after dry dock

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing. Very possible she's dead heading to the U.K. after dry dock

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone have access to Cadiz Ports to see if Independence of the Seas is booked in for a dry dock in April 2018.

Or one of the passengers on Independence of the Seas soon could ask at Captain Corner please where drydock will occur?

Why shoud they do that?

Any number of reasons... it would be a short trip, Cadiz may not be the best place in the world to originate a cruise, they may use the travel time back to where they are going to start revenue cruises to complete work not finished in the yard...

Any number of reasons... it would be a short trip, Cadiz may not be the best place in the world to originate a cruise, they may use the travel time back to where they are going to start revenue cruises to complete work not finished in the yard...

Why Cadiz?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Huge dry dock facility in Cadiz.

I know but originally she was scheduled for Freeport. If they do the dry dock in Europe know (and go with an empty ship through the Atlantic for preparation) it could also be Rotterdam or Hamburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I know but originally she was scheduled for Freeport. If they do the dry dock in Europe know (and go with an empty ship through the Atlantic for preparation) it could also be Rotterdam or Hamburg.

Don't know for sure, but it could be a scheduling thing with the dry dock. According to our resident expert, dry dock facilities are very busy, and usually have to be scheduled far in advance.

Port Chalmers ( Dunedin NZ) is now only allowing Ovation of the Seas to enter and depart certain tide conditions.

Dusky Sound (cruising) has been removed from a few cruises to allow for earlier arrivals or later departures.

Some cruises are arriving at 0300.

This will involve a bit more thought by Royal Caribbean Operations for the 19/20 deployment which could see 2 Quantum ships in Australia.

Does anyone have access to Cadiz Ports to see if Independence of the Seas is booked in for a dry dock in April 2018.

Or one of the passengers on Independence of the Seas soon could ask at Captain Corner please where drydock will occur?

I am on Inde right now, I will try and find out.

The gap in Voyager of the Seas cruises has become bigger.

Nothing on sale after 30 June 2018 Singapore to Hong Kong.

The next cruise on sale is the local Singapore season starting 22 October 2018.

I am on Inde right now, I will try and find out.

At meal with an officer today on Independence, I asked the Captain and he said dry dock was going to be in the Bahamas and another officer said that the date was April 3rd I believe.

At meal with an officer today on Independence, I asked the Captain and he said dry dock was going to be in the Bahamas and another officer said that the date was April 3rd I believe.

Probably a Freeport drydock, they did liberty and independence there as well plus navigator adventure and many more

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

It would seem that Indy could follow the same pattern as the Explorer dry dock, when they added the deck 12 cabins. The ship took on workers at both Port Everglades and materials at the Bahamas with work progressing as the ship crossed to Cadiz. There they released many of the ship's crew for vacation and more workers boarded to finalize the work prior to sailing up to Southampton from Cadiz.

RCI will most likely not return to Rotterdam for any dry dock due to the Oasis labor incident. Relatively the fine was very low though and they may have just built that into the cost of the Oasis revitalization. When a ship is at sea for dry dock, the labor laws are very relaxed for the 'hotel' crew that is now used to do 'light' work during the revitalization.

Now that they are bringing Mariner to dry dock at Freeport, Bahamas to get the Liberty enhancements prior to entering service year round from Miami, it would make sense to use Cadiz to add the deck 12 cabins to Indy as the cabins are prefabricated in Europe. That order can now include Explorer, Adventure and Mariner, which will all most likely have all the deck 2,3 and 12 cabins added.