Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

What idiot intern created this flyer and why wasn't it proof read?

Zealand is spelled wrong twice (Feb 2 and March 8) - including right next to the correct spelling and for the second to last sailing they have "9-night South Pacific" under sail date.

If this is an example of their quality control, no wonder their web site is so useless.

Zealand is spelled wrong twice (Feb 2 and March 8) - including right next to the correct spelling and for the second to last sailing they have "9-night South Pacific" under sail date.

If this is an example of their quality control, no wonder their web site is so useless.

The same intern who created the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trying to make an Ovation booking and it won't let me select balcony cabins. Other people raised this already on the RCCI Facebook. There's note on the site saying to call if u want a balcony (not doing that as too long on hold and anytime I've booked via phone it's been a disaster).

I've gone to the offical RCCI USA website, the U.K one and German one. I progress through the booking and all them let me select balcony.

No idea what the issue is with the Australian site.

Now, my question is. The US site and German site are much cheaper, UK one is a lot more expensive.

If I book through the US or German site, will this cause me problems later?

It's no giving me the deal and discount we have going out in Australia but still works out the same due to the cheaper prices.

Failing that, I'll just wait until they just fix the Australian site.

Human error. Relax

Trying to make an Ovation booking and it won't let me select balcony cabins. Other people raised this already on the RCCI Facebook. There's note on the site saying to call if u want a balcony (not doing that as too long on hold and anytime I've booked via phone it's been a disaster).

I've gone to the offical RCCI USA website, the U.K one and German one. I progress through the booking and all them let me select balcony.

No idea what the issue is with the Australian site.

Now, my question is. The US site and German site are much cheaper, UK one is a lot more expensive.

If I book through the US or German site, will this cause me problems later?

It's no giving me the deal and discount we have going out in Australia but still works out the same due to the cheaper prices.

Failing that, I'll just wait until they just fix the Australian site.

The Australia site will include gratuities into the base price where the US site will not (optional to add online or otherwise billed daily onboard). Is that the difference you are seeing?

Sorry - can't help with why Aussie site isn't allowing bookings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Australia site will include gratuities into the base price where the US site will not (optional to add online or otherwise billed daily onboard). Is that the difference you are seeing?

Sorry - can't help with why Aussie site isn't allowing bookings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope that's not the difference, I go through all the way to the end (once all taxes and gratuities are added) and the US site is still cheaper. I've put a cabin on 24hr hold on the US site and will see if the Australian site is fixed tomorrow.

Agree, I just looked and it's actually cheaper for me to fly from Sydney to the USA and do a quantum class from the east coast and fly back than it is to do a trip out of Sydney on Ovation.

After a bit of juggling other cruises we just booked the 30/3/19 Syd-Sin repo on Ovation, not cheap but not horrendous for a balcony with our Diamond discount. No other perks though.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Human error. Relax

I would not expect Human Error to make it through to published documents. First draft yes - published documents - No. Its no longer human error once published - its a system failure.

There would not be one travel agent in New Zealand that would be able to use these flyers as they stand. They would have to manually recreate them or show clients a different cruise line. You would expect Marketing to be all over this stuff like a bad suit. It is their day job to make sure this stuff is correct.

Its not as if they are opening bookings for every ship around the world at the same time - these deployments are months behind the others, they had enough time to work on them to make sure they were correct.

Well now that 2018/19 is now fully deployed, should we get started on 2019/20 ;p;p;p

At the rate that they released Australia and Hawaii, 13 or 14 months [emoji13]

I have just checked the UK site and it is showning the Radiance Hawaii sailing but is not showing the TP on either Radiance or Explorer.

I knew that they were going to be pricey but £3,418 ($4,390) for 2 in the cheapest inside + airfare puts me out as a solo traveller. Shame since it was over my actual big birthday! I might start saving for the next one in 2029, if God spares me!! (Erik...have you started the 2029 deployment thread yet!! Lol) ;)

I have just checked the UK site and it is showning the Radiance Hawaii sailing but is not showing the TP on either Radiance or Explorer.

I knew that they were going to be pricey but £3,418 ($4,390) for 2 in the cheapest inside + airfare puts me out as a solo traveller. Shame since it was over my actual big birthday! I might start saving for the next one in 2029, if God spares me!! (Erik...have you started the 2029 deployment thread yet!! Lol) ;)

I am priced out of the Hawaii market with Radiance the balcony prices are way out of our league.

The Hawaii cruise is more expensive than the Sydney to Honolulu cruise.:confused:

Agree, I just looked and it's actually cheaper for me to fly from Sydney to the USA and do a quantum class from the east coast and fly back than it is to do a trip out of Sydney on Ovation.

It was the same for me this year...it was cheaper for me to fly to US from Ireland and take a cruise on Freedom this November than it was for me to go to Europe while Freedom was here.

The Radiance Hawaii to Vancouver 12 nighter is out, and the prices are insane!

I agree, for the guts of 6 grand I would like 3-5 cruises not just 1 (and that is with me travelling Solo!!)

I see a number of late 2018, early 2019 NZ cruises but where are the Australia cruises, specifically top, bottom and/or around? Too early in the release process? Disappointed if none especially since because of scheduling issues I had to cancel Radiance cruises which sailed top and bottom of OZ and NZ

Radiance's TP went up $200 pp Cdn overnight. Happy to have booked yesterday.

The Hawaii cruise is more expensive than the Sydney to Honolulu cruise.:confused:

The Hawaii wasn't available to us yday and still no listings for Sydney to Honolulu yet in UK. Surely everyone should have access to them all at the same time?

I see a number of late 2018, early 2019 NZ cruises but where are the Australia cruises, specifically top, bottom and/or around? Too early in the release process? Disappointed if none especially since because of scheduling issues I had to cancel Radiance cruises which sailed top and bottom of OZ and NZ

We just booked Ovation New Zealand. We were originally booked on the Majestic Princess, but seeing how we love the Quantum class ships and we're chipping away at getting to Pinnacle, we decided to go with Ovation. :cool: The price is MUCH better on Ovation, too, more than $1000 less for a balcony cabin with virtually the same itinerary (only difference is Napier instead of Akaroa).

Come on the Explorer instead. Great price and great people.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

I would love to, but I can't get away for that long, and the airfare and flight to Sydney is almost a deal breaker.:rolleyes:

I happen to agree with you -- I'm not a fanatic, but I do think it takes minimal effort to proofread and spellcheck a document you are posting online. Unfortunately, the internet seems to have lowered grammatical standards.