Tuscan Grille Infinity

hcat

leaving on the Infinity Sunday, will try and get some pics and the menu for you

Can you send me your email and I can send from the ship.

Norma

If you can post a few pics and the menu..that'd be very helpful...not cruising til next month so no rush...thanks!

Would also love to hear about the ship, music shows etc..

Thanks.,

BON VOYAGE!

The menu is on the Celebrity web site under restaurants.

Hmmm The one I found on Celeb website seemed to be the old menu...with the onion soup...chop salad and other fav items...and no upcharges for certain items...can you post a link..maybe the new menu is more like the old one than I thought,,,,,,,

And the website info for Infinity did not list Tuscan..not sure if was shown on the deck plan, replacing ocean liners

Guess we'll find out when we board or from h2ocruiser...

We had the same menu on Solstice Aug 23.

Liked the burrata and broccolini. Found the meatball appetizer rather tasteless.

Snapper was cooked well but not much taste.

Substituted for garlic mashed potatoes. Didn't taste any garlic.

Shortrib pappardelle ragu the ragu overpowered the short rib, only had a few bites.

The creme brulee was strange mushy consistency.

As you can tell, we found the meal disappointing. But service was great and the view, on the Solstice, was wonderful despite the windows not being very clean.

Given a complimentary glass of Limoncello which was fun to taste.

We don't think we're that picky... loved Luminae, especially their short rib and fish!

Edited by twins_to_alaska

With no Murano equivalent what a shame they stick totally to beef for the meat options! A lamb, venison or even pork offering would add some variety.

When on the S class we do use the specialities a lot and enjoy the offerings. Having found Q'sine fun but not a fine dining experience it is important that Tuscan does offer variety on the M class. With Some of the M class ships having long trips and many people doing b2b cruises this variety becomes even more important.

I know it is nice that better cuts of meat are offered but I do feel there is something 'morally wrong' in paying for a speciality and then having to pay more still for some of the menu items.

I also feel that they should offer a lobster dish or a shrimp dish for those of us who don't like fish and are bored with beef. The Tuscan Grill menu before the refurbishment was much better and DH and I were hoping some of those dishes would come back to the menu.

While I haven't eaten in the Tuscan Grill I much preferred the old menu with much more choice and variety in all courses - it appears they have eliminated many of the more "expensive" choices. And, an Italian restaurant with no risotto? Way too many dishes starring olives eg. Two of the four fish entrees. Like others have said only fish and beef for entrees... I'm rethinking for our upcoming cruise....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

While I haven't eaten in the Tuscan Grill I much preferred the old menu with much more choice and variety in all courses - it appears they have eliminated many of the more "expensive" choices. And, an Italian restaurant with no risotto? Way too many dishes starring olives eg. Two of the four fish entrees. Like others have said only fish and beef for entrees... I'm rethinking for our upcoming cruise....

Tuscan's risotto was dreadful. They do it much better in the MDR. I told them that. So no loss there.

I've never been impressed with Tuscan. Do miss the wonderful restaurants they killed off to install Tuscan on all the ships. Oh well, lots of other cruise lines out there.

My friends are currently on Infinity doing the Pacific Coastal itinerary.

They mentioned it looks X is trialing per item pricing in Tuscan Grille if you didn't purchase a package and sent me a picture of the menu with pricing beside each item.

Does anyone have any further info or a link to a thread around this?

It is a trend that does not surprise me. Only a matter of time before cruise ships follow airlines and what is included is the basic cruise fare (transporation) and most passengers pay for individual items form food and drinks to possibly some entertainment.

I don't blame the cruise lines. While many complain prices have increased, and they have for the last couple of years, especially since lowes in 2010-2012, they are still down or flat in terms of adjusted dollars over 20 or 40 years much as airline tickets are. There is so much pricing pressure and increased competition that the lines must keep base prices down for marketing purposes to get cruisers ro sail, but still have to make money and answer to boards and stockholders.

I don't blame. Them, they hooked me in 2006 and 2012 and trained me well.

Just my 2 cents.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

My friends are currently on Infinity doing the Pacific Coastal itinerary.

They mentioned it looks X is trialing per item pricing in Tuscan Grille if you didn't purchase a package and sent me a picture of the menu with pricing beside each item.

Does anyone have any further info or a link to a thread around this?

I'd love to see that menu with price list if you can post it..curious how they value the items...what abt the cover charge to dine there? I know some few items were showing an upcharge but this is a big change.

We'll be on Infinity next month and are skipping Sushi on 5...we used to have our lunch there but do not care for the menu OR the a la carte pricing. Would feel the same about that for Tuscan as well..

Seems there will be a push for selling dining packages along with drink packages...wonder what the dining options will be on the new Edge ships...

Edited by hcat