Things I wish RC would do/have...

Slam308

Some times it's the little things that matter.

We recently went on our first cruise with Celebrity. My mom took my husband and I, and my brother and his family, on a cruise to Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit.

DH and I hadn't cruised in a number of years (we moved, got new puppies, etc.) but hey, who's going to pass up a free cruise! I was curious to see what the difference was between the lines. Even if I had to put up with my brother for a week...:rolleyes:

These are the top three perks that I noticed on the trip:

3. Icy towels passed around on deck on sea days and at the boarding area when we came back to the ship.

2. Accessibility of the ship's staff. The Captain was regularly at functions around the ship, including a Staff vs. Guest pool volleyball tournament which was hysterical. They also did a Staff vs. Guest Minute to Win It challenge and other activities.

1. THERE WAS A BUILT-IN NIGHTLIGHT IN THE BATHROOM!!

This probably sounds so trivial, but it was so nice to be able move around at night without walking into walls or banging my shins on something. And I didn't get blinded by having to actually turn on the bathroom light.

(Yes, I'm simple and often get distracted by shiny objects.)

So there you have it, my top three things I wish RC would do/have. What things have you experienced or thought of that would make your awesome cruise just that much better? :)

I wish all ships had an app like Disney Cruise Lines. The DCL app can access a special wifi signal so all guests can use it onboard for free. It has the daily planner but the best feature is FREE MESSAGING! My wife and I didn't need to leave messages on a white board as we were able to communicate through the app. SOOOOOOO convenient.

Although I love Royal, one of the nice things we experienced on HAL was the cold towel and ice cold lemonade or water that was handed out at each port when we came back from touring. This was on our Mediterranean and Baltic cruises. Not sure if they still do it, but it was very hot outside and those towels and drink were a great welcome back to the ship.

I would ask for more plugs in the staterooms. Ships never have enough electrical outlets.

I thought the night light was a nice feature on our Solstice cruise a few weeks ago. I also wish Royal would have an outside grill like the Mast Grill on Celebrity. Hamburgers, hot dogs and really good fries right by the pool!:D

Sherri:)

I thought everyone would be throwing their own lists up there, and I already thought of some, so here goes:

3 - A bedside clock (with alarm) other than the microscopic phone display

2 - An outlet by the headboard on all ships like we had on Oasis. CPAP users will understand. Great for bedside phone/camera charging as well.

1 - Better TV program selection

I wish Royal would add better casual dining options like a poolside grill with fresh burgers and hot dogs (Like Mast and Trident Grill on Celebrity and Princess). Oh, and I sure miss Princess pizza when sailing on Royal!

3 - A bedside clock (with alarm) other than the microscopic phone display...

Just a note that this will probably never happen because the current fluctuates on a cruise ship. Years ago we brought ours and lost over an hour each night until we realized what the heck! Almost missed an excursion too! LOL

I wish Royal would use real cream instead of the little creamers, and also real cups and plates instead of plastic ones. I really, really dislike drinking coffee from a plastic mug. It just gives me the creeps. :p

Anthem has some of the things that have been mentioned.

Bathroom night light.

Royal IQ app.

Outlet by the bed.

Adult Comedy at 11:30

I've also seen the Captain playing volleyball in a staff/passenger game. Some Captains are more visible than others. Depends on the Captain.

As stated above, the newer RC ships all seem to be getting the bathroom nightlights so this seems to be the way of the future, we usually just take our own travel alarm clock but when we on Anthem I did like the bedside phone with the touchscreen, very easy to just touch and see the time at night (as soon as I learned not to touch a button that dialed anything ;-) )

Just a note that this will probably never happen because the current fluctuates on a cruise ship. Years ago we brought ours and lost over an hour each night until we realized what the heck! Almost missed an excursion too! LOL

I wish Royal would use real cream instead of the little creamers, and also real cups and plates instead of plastic ones. I really, really dislike drinking coffee from a plastic mug. It just gives me the creeps. :p

Karen, in July 2006, I boarded the Crown Princess for my first non-Royal Caribbean cruise. One of the first things that I noticed was in the buffet: "Look. Real china and real glasses. How nice."

Then seven days later, the ship listed severely at about 1 or 2 P.M. Many many many people were in the buffet at the time.

China and glass flew everywhere. It was like hitting an I.E.D. Shrapnel. Major damage done to people's lower limbs.

Now I appreciate RC's melamine dishes and plastic cups and mugs!

:eek: ;)